ADVERTISEMENT

Half court or fast pace offense with little defense?

ruready4somefootball

Heisman Winner
Nov 10, 2003
So far, this team has no identity or clue as to what it wants to be. They have enough players to go small and fast but can't protect their basket on defense. There's not very much imagination in the half court game yet, but they seem to get back on defense better working out of those sets.I believe Pike will figure it out as I think he's a great coach and there are a lot of moving pieces to this puzzle.

So far, this team has no identity or clue as to what it wants to be. They have enough players to go small and fast but can't protect their basket on defense. There's not very much imagination in the half court game yet, but they seem to get back on defense better working out of those sets.I believe Pike will figure it out as I think he's a great coach and there are a lot of moving pieces to this puzzle.
Just go full Loyola Marymount...

Problem is we can’t shoot threes consistently enough to go small but that’s who we are since we don’t have the bigs either .

in terms of hand court offense I would go dribble drive motion like Kentucky used to do . We have our one big on the blocks that when help comes we dump it too . This is basically a drive and kick offense that forces rotations and help when we beat guys off the dribble . You drive , kick and fill

this would help young and Tez specifically as they are pure drivers .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT