ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska played lights out offense BUT

I think Aaron Breitman said it best when he said we lost our identity in the Nebraska game. Based on coach’s comments since the loss, he is intent on us reestablishing our defensive identity with the players that remain. It remains to be seen whether he will be successful given the limitations of the roster.
Not an excuse. It’s not ‘identity’ when the other team is just too quick for our guys and also shot so well from deep.

I don’t remember a single OReb UN had…being small didn’t matter.

Agree with most of this but Cam was 3-11
I understand. But a pure shooter, and Cam is a very good shooter, needs to shoot more to gain his confidence back. Personally, I think when the 3 point shots are not falling, he needs to drive the basket more and also pull a Geo with a step back jumper inside of 15 feet. It can't be three's or nothing.

For the comments about Paul going to 18 mins, that is not happening. Simpson is not ready to shoulder the load. we saw that in the temple game. Please not again. He’s got potential, but right now is not strong enough to finish at the rim. His buckets have been mid range jumpers and a couple athletic finishes in the paint. He’s a bad 3 point shooter, and hasn’t shown ability. To finish a floater or fast break lay up consistently.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
For the comments about Paul going to 18 mins, that is not happening. Simpson is not ready to shoulder the load. we saw that in the temple game. Please not again. He’s got potential, but right now is not strong enough to finish at the rim. His buckets have been mid range jumpers and a couple athletic finishes in the paint. He’s a bad 3 point shooter, and hasn’t shown ability. To finish a floater or fast break lay up consistently.
I agree with you generally but the Temple game was Simpson's fourth game ever and he was thrown into the fire with no Paul available. I don't think that performance is really relevant anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT