ADVERTISEMENT

Harper- #3 don bosco vs. #1 Roselle catholic

Full disclosure never seen him play but from hearing what people have to say about his game and depending on how tall he really is or turns out to be (hehe) it sounds like best case scenario is he could be really really good as a new age four man.

Stretch the floor, attack the rim, contribute on the boards, but probably struggles guarding athletic two guards and wing players. Sounds like where ever he ends up he will not be a plus defender to getting an extra inch or two could really help him in that department.

I'm really hoping his dad is right about possibly growing to 6'8 or 6'9.

I really don't think Bullock is more athletic than Harper. Harper made a few unbelievable drives & finish against St. Peters at the RAC in the North Jersey Parochial A final.

Reactions: MadRU
After going through the Bullock mess, overweight guys scare me (assuming they don't do the Myles Johnson thing and sit out, lose baby fat, and get academics in the right place going forward -- engineering craziness in this case).

With lineage though, I don't think he'll be allowed to gain another 30 pounds like Bullock did, so I do feel better about the situation. He's definitely the shooting 3 that we need if he can get in shape.

"overweight guys scare me"? One name: Rashod Kent

...move on! [cheers]

I would actually say Bullock is more athletic NOW than Harper. Harper can shoot though.

Lol. Why do we keep going back to Bullock, who failed to pass conditioning for two years? To compare the two is not fair to Harper Jr.

Reactions: satnom
I really think a redshirt year would serve him best. Just get him into tip top shape. My concern with him is his foot speed and quickness on defense. Will he be able to defend guards and wings? Or is he going to play the 4 and be more athletic than his opponent on the offensive end and a little undersized on the defensive end?

I really think a redshirt year would serve him best. Just get him into tip top shape. My concern with him is his foot speed and quickness on defense. Will he be able to defend guards and wings? Or is he going to play the 4 and be more athletic than his opponent on the offensive end and a little undersized on the defensive end?
Maybe he grows 4 inches and is Rutgers version if David Robinson. He has the genes and the skill set.

Reactions: RUONTHERISE
Maybe he grows 4 inches and is Rutgers version if David Robinson. He has the genes and the skill set.
giphy.gif

I aint biting on the 18 year old growing again haha

The whole "still growing" thing is kinda silly. How would his father possibly know that? How would anyone who sees him every day possibly know that?

One might be able to say he's grow up until today, but there would be no way of knowing if he'll continue to grow tomorrow.

That's not to say that he won't grow any more - he might and he might not (more likely not). But pointing to "his parent says he's still growing" isn't really meaningful.

The whole "still growing" thing is kinda silly. How would his father possibly know that? How would anyone who sees him every day possibly know that?

One might be able to say he's grow up until today, but there would be no way of knowing if he'll continue to grow tomorrow.

That's not to say that he won't grow any more - he might and he might not (more likely not). But pointing to "his parent says he's still growing" isn't really meaningful.

I think what is sillier is guys saying... No way will he grow any more.

Consider that his Dad is 6'6" and sees his basketball playing son everyday. He would certainly be able to determine when his son moved from 6'3 to 6'4 to 6'5 to 6'6.....because he is then almost eye level. For Harper Sr to simply say "he is still growing" is not some far fetched nonsense which has resulted in message board guys saying... "No way, he's not growing anymore" ! That response is silly.

Consider that his Dad is 6'6" and sees his basketball playing son everyday. He would certainly be able to determine when his son moved from 6'3 to 6'4 to 6'5 to 6'6.....because he is then almost eye level. For Harper Sr to simply say "he is still growing" is not some far fetched nonsense which has resulted in message board guys saying... "No way, he's not growing anymore" ! That response is silly.

There's no way to tell one way or the other - so saying he will because his dad says so is specious. Given that he'll be 18 next month, it's unlikely he's got much growing left. While not unheard of, growth past 18 is pretty rare - I'd love it if he were to grow some more, but right now let's be happy with the height he is and consider anything more a bonus.

Reactions: anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy

I think ive merely said “its very rare that kids grow once they graduate high school” does it happen? Sure. But its about as likely as a white guy being a dominant wr or cornerback in the nfl. Sure its happened but its the exception

Funny thing at game yesterday I've never seen so many guys 6'5 and over young and old milling around I must have seen at least 50 dudes over 6'5 or more

Word is now filtering out from some observers, and mind you they were there all game and stared at Harper intensely, that Harper grew 1/8 inch during the game. He also dropped a year down from 16 to 15. Some estimate that, with his growth continuing and now having yet another year to grow, he'll be a 7 footer. Only time will tell but these are, in the least, positive developments.

Word is now filtering out from some observers, and mind you they were there all game and stared at Harper intensely, that Harper grew 1/8 inch during the game. He also dropped a year down from 16 to 15. Some estimate that, with his growth continuing and now having yet another year to grow, he'll be a 7 footer. Only time will tell but these are, in the least, positive developments.

We need a head shot to tell whether he's getting bigger.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT