ADVERTISEMENT

Houston Cougars - Oilers-inspired uniforms

Mar 1, 2022
As a duly-recognized grumpy old man, I hate the concept of every team wearing 20 different alternate uniforms and uniform color combinations. That said, I saw this today and thought they are some of the coolest alternate uniforms I've seen in college football.

Everybody hates alternate uniforms until they don't...

Last edited:
Looks kinda' SMU-ish.
I was thinking Ole Miss. Nevertheless, they are sharp.

OIP.YFbFa5oluccf34XnNBIeMgHaEr

Reactions: BeantownKnight
I like alternate retro throwback that’s not too ugly if that’s a thing. 😁 These are great. Can’t stand the baseball-city ones they trot out on weekends.

Reactions: dconifer
The problem with the University of Houston (that should be a lesson to other schools) is that they change their uniforms every season so alumni has nothing traditional to identify with.

Stabler? I loved Earl Campbell and Dan Pastorini. Along with Billy White Shoes Johnson. And Ken Burrough.
I grew up a huge Stabler/Raiders fans since the Giants stunk in the 70’s. Stabler then played for the Oilers in 80/81. I switched to the Oilers as a result. Stabler finished his career with the Saints.

Loved Pastorini as well and funny thing is he was part of the Raiders team that won the Super Bowl in 1980. He was also a drag racer after his NFL career was over. Pretty cool.

Last edited:
I forgot that Archie Manning played for the Oilers at the end of his career. Someone shared a 1980 opening day Giants vs. Rams game on my FB feed and he came up during highlights shown from around the league.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT