ADVERTISEMENT

IMPORTANT that every season ticket holder knows...

Well.. Middlesex County.. where Rutgers is.. is one the most ethnically diverse counties in the nation.,, we had a thread about a school DROPPING football.. ABC News covered West-Windsor-Plainsboro North dropping football... is that Mercer or Middlesex? Either way.. seeing all the Indian banquet halls and groceries in the area... gone are the days when HS's had to worry about too many players.

Back in the 70s, my HS team in a high growth county had no-cut freshmen football and had 100 kids come out.. 80 who stuck thru the whole season... my graduating class was 760. Figuring half girls.. that means 1 in 3 or 4 kids wanted to play HS football.

WWPNHS seems to serve something like 1400 kids.. divide by 4.. each class has 350 kids, 175 boys. If 1/4 of them wanted to play football.. a freshmen team would have over 40 kids.. plenty enough. And over 120 for a varsity team... plenty.

In another thread.. about the shooting at a Madden NFL tournament at a mall.. it was suggested that kids cannot handle losing... this could be a case of trying to avoid losing because maybe that team was no good.. the kids at this school too small.. not enough quality players to compete against bigger schools.. maybe the best players got poached by the parochials or preps.

Whatever it is.. it could be a sign of things to come... or things HERE.

Regarding West Windsor-Plainsboro HS’s, that area has become heavily populated w E Indians in the past 20 years. School systems are top notch, easy access to Princeton Junction train station to NY (many parents commute to NY) and lots of relatively new homes w good lot sizes. I lived in Plainsboro in the 90’s and witnessed the growth.

WWPNHS in Plainsboro can probably field a bigger cricket team than a FB team these days is my guess.

I stopped by a local lunch shop on a sales call near the hs a couple of years ago when lots of hs students were there. No question about the hs population there.

Regarding West Windsor-Plainsboro HS’s, that area has become heavily populated w E Indians in the past 20 years. School systems are top notch, easy access to Princeton Junction train station to NY (many parents commute to NY) and lots of relatively new homes w good lot sizes. I lived in Plainsboro in the 90’s and witnessed the growth.

WWPNHS in Plainsboro can probably field a bigger cricket team than a FB team these days is my guess.

I stopped by a local lunch shop on a sales call near the hs a couple of years ago when lots of hs students were there. No question about the hs population there.
Yeah.. happy to see they are thriving in Jersey.. following the NE Corridor line west from Edison it seems. Have apartments in Edison.. buy a condo in North Brunswick.. then a house further west. It is a bit sad to see the football culture dying.. but I don't want to see these kids getting killed... start a cricket / badminton / field hockey conference for boys.

If anyone has 4, I'm thinking of going on Saturday. Probably the only game of the season for us, my daughters are too involved in sports to make it to another once soccer and fall softball get going.

If people don’t get these guys tickets then we can legitimately say our fans suck. If you aren’t using your two give them away. You don’t even have to call box office you can use the online chat feature and they email them to you in 5 min

Reactions: MrsScrew
If people don’t get these guys tickets then we can legitimately say our fans suck.

This wasn't well publicized, though - I wouldn't have known if not for this post, and I've reached out to non-Rivals season ticket holder friends who didn't know about it, either.

This wasn't well publicized, though - I wouldn't have known if not for this post, and I've reached out to non-Rivals season ticket holder friends who didn't know about it, either.
I received multiple emails and a phone call. Plus it was mentioned when I reordered Outside of sending a raven to your house what else do you want?

every email that RU athletics has sent for the past 6 months has noted this in detail.
It's been on ScarletKnights.com
It's been all over every form of Social Media
The ticket rep talked about it when we re-ordered
We got a specific email with our own specific secret code to obtain our tickets

unless you have been under a rock with your friends you should have seen this at least 10 times

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Unless you are on these Boards there is a strong chance you didn’t know about this,
and the vast majority fans of RU are not on this Board.
I never received any Email from RU ( 20 year Ticket holder with active email address) and have seen nothing on Social Media.
Thankfully I am on this Board constantly.

Unless you are on these Boards there is a strong chance you didn’t know about this,
and the vast majority fans of RU are not on this Board.
I never received any Email from RU ( 20 year Ticket holder with active email address) and have seen nothing on Social Media.
Thankfully I am on this Board constantly.
Sorry but being that 97% of what you post is negative....I don’t believe you

every email that RU athletics has sent for the past 6 months has noted this in detail.
It's been on ScarletKnights.com
It's been all over every form of Social Media
The ticket rep talked about it when we re-ordered
We got a specific email with our own specific secret code to obtain our tickets

unless you have been under a rock with your friends you should have seen this at least 10 times

My ticket rep called me once to renew back in Feb/March, and I don't remember him mentioning it then - he may have, but that was 5+ months ago . Haven't gotten any other calls from them since.

I looked back through all my email from RU athletics - which I admit I don't read all of, because they send a ton. Apparently since I don't read all of them, it seems gmail has started filtering some of them out of my default Inbox. It was mentioned three times that I can find among the 31 emails I've gotten from RU the last two months, on 7/3 (with the code), 7/26, and 8/27 (after I heard about it here)... but only 15 of those 31 showed up in my Inbox, apparently, and none had the complimentary ticket info. Had to find them by going to "All Mail".

I don't do social media other than the RU Athletics page on Facebook. I just scrolled back through the last two months of their posts, and it wasn't mentioned there.

I don't see it on scarletknights.com right now in the lead up to the game, even in the "Game 1: Football vs. Texas State" write up.

So... no, I didn't see it 10 times.

When I saw it here, I thought "why didn't I know about that?".... and I went to SK.com to find more information, but found nothing there. I then went and searched my gmail Inbox for "Texas State", "free", "complimentary", and other key words... but it brought back nothing, because those emails had been filtered out by Gmail. It was only today, after you said it was mentioned in "every email for 6 months" that I thought to search through the "All Mail" list.

I also pay more attention to Rutgers sports over the summer than the couple of friends I have who have season tickets - so it was news to them, too.

Yes, the two free tickets been posted in several different areas plus in emails. I even got a reminder this week (even though I got my two back a ways). Anytime I saw "season ticket holder benefits", it was listed as a perk. Open up your season ticket book to page 5...and there it is.

Also looking for any extra comp tickets! Great chance to bring a bunch of young RU Fans! I can meet there I'm in the green lot or email.
Thanks JPsiuk3@aol.com
I have the two free tickets but am having a hard time giving them away.

Here’s a thought...

I’m going to place my free tickets behind the stadium flag pole about two hours prior to game time. I would encourage everyone to do the same...let’s get a pile there for anyone who needs them. I know that Scarletkid2008 has a huge tailgate and always needs extras (I’ve given him tix in the past). If anyone just wants to meet me there, that works as well.

edit....My tickets have been spoken for.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT