ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball INSTANT REACTION: Rutgers Basketball defeats Wake Forest 81-57

Wake was the weakest team I think I’ve ever seen. Made Indiana look like chuck norris.

We could have won that by 45 except wake did ONE thing well and that was making contested 3s. If they don’t make so many contested 3s we win by 45

Reactions: RUChoppin
We also had a ton of TO's.....again. No excuse against a soft defensive team like wake. Hidden today by our great defense and good shooting due to easy buckets.

Wake was the weakest team I think I’ve ever seen. Made Indiana look like chuck norris.

We could have won that by 45 except wake did ONE thing well and that was making contested 3s. If they don’t make so many contested 3s we win by 45
We played well but they are surprisingly bad (I watched them vs. Wisconsin and they looked good)…and BAC was right..they play zero defense.

Reactions: Saint Puppy
Wake finished the half on a 7-0 run. Why is this a common thing for us?
I'll trade my lifetime subscription to Zoloft ( driven by following Rutgers) and all financial benefits if they could just figure this out.

This is a good win against a team we should beat. It will probably end up being a quad 3 win. Wake is a terrible team. They play no defense, have no inside game and just chuck up 3's.

We also had a ton of TO's.....again. No excuse against a soft defensive team like wake. Hidden today by our great defense and good shooting due to easy buckets.
Also hidden by the blowout were Cliff's 3 cheap offensive fouls and the fact that Hyatt looked like he was all Big 10 in the 1st half and completely disappeared in the 2nd half again. Its frustrating because I cant figure out why and in game where we struggle to score we need the all Big 10 version in both halves.

Wake shot 42% on 26 shots from 3 Point land and still lost by 24 - and in fact until the end were at 50% - that tells you all you need to know. Wake is not a very good team - they were cupcake like. Nice win, and NEEDED after the last 2 games, but I'm not ready break out the champagne over this win!

Reactions: RedTeam1994
This is a good win against a team we should beat. It will probably end up being a quad 3 win. Wake is a terrible team. They play no defense, have no inside game and just chuck up 3's.

Unfortunately I agree. The commentator kept saying that wake is a good team - that this will end up being a good win.

I didn’t see that. They were terrible

Wake’s D was made to seem worse than it was since we scored 26 of our points off TOs.

Rutgers loses to the Hall: Rutgers sucks. Rutgers thrashes Wake: Wake sucks. SMH.
Rutgers doesn’t suck. Seton Hall and Wake don’t suck but they are not good. We were outplayed and outcoached by Seton Hall. Shit happens.

Reactions: RUChoppin
When will fans stop overeacting to a team's win or loss in a single contest or a single basket for that matter. I've said it often our so called experts blow with the wind . I wouldn't stake anything on what they say especially while the game is ongoing

When will fans stop overeacting to a team's win or loss in a single contest or a single basket for that matter. I've said it often our so called experts blow with the wind . I wouldn't stake anything on what they say especially while the game is ongoing
Because that what fanatics a/k/a fans do. In any event, a real good win!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT