ADVERTISEMENT

It's going down

It's not a conspiracy theory.

It's a plan.

The only one using the word "conspiracy" is you because, as we all know quite well, anything you don't comprehend has to be a conspiracy of some sort. Because you're...

Say it with me, now...

"Simple".

Bless your heart.

You said coup. Your words not mine. Its doesn't have to be an orchestrated coup for Greg to be hired and Pat to go. All i am saying

So to summarize the last 600 posts
Hobbs out
Baumgartner out
Schiano in
Campanile in
Numbers retiring
Sitkowski stays
Epstein was murdered

We also need a live rooster to take the curse off Art’s arm and nobody seems to know what to get Schiano or Battaglia for their wedding present. That about right? We're dealing with a lot of shit.

Last edited:
Doesn't BOG have to meet and approve hire/salary etc.? Is there a planned meeting before/on Monday?

Is anyone worried about what this news does to basketball? There are rumors that Pike’s contract has his buyout going way down if Hobbs leaves. Last time Schiano was here, basketball was basically left to die on the vine.

Is anyone worried about what this news does to basketball? There are rumors that Pike’s contract has his buyout going way down if Hobbs leaves. Last time Schiano was here, basketball was basically left to die on the vine.

Here's your answer to that:

Buyout goes up: In the meantime, Pikiell's buyout rates were he to leave Rutgers for another job (like, say, UConn) have increased significantly. If Pikiell were to leave Rutgers between now and March 31, 2019, he will owe the school $5 million, with the buyout decreasing by $1 million in each subsequent year. Pikiell's previous buyout was just $900,000 before the extension. If Hobbs leaves Rutgers at any time before the end of Pikiell's contract, though, a clause in the deal stipulates that Pikiell's current buyout rate at that time will be reduced by 50 percent.

https://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketbal..._contract_details_for_rutgers_coach_st_1.html

Here's your answer to that:

Buyout goes up: In the meantime, Pikiell's buyout rates were he to leave Rutgers for another job (like, say, UConn) have increased significantly. If Pikiell were to leave Rutgers between now and March 31, 2019, he will owe the school $5 million, with the buyout decreasing by $1 million in each subsequent year. Pikiell's previous buyout was just $900,000 before the extension. If Hobbs leaves Rutgers at any time before the end of Pikiell's contract, though, a clause in the deal stipulates that Pikiell's current buyout rate at that time will be reduced by 50 percent.

https://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketbal..._contract_details_for_rutgers_coach_st_1.html

We may discount the fact that he might want to STAY at Rutgers long term. Of course, it might cost us - especially if we go dancing this year.

I’m going to try this strategy at work next time. If I fvck up on something, I’ll just blame it on the deep state or a coordinated effort by others in my office to get me fired. This must be a boomer or gen x thing.
Well it's not whining that you've been triggered or offended so it can't be a millennial thing.

Doesn't BOG have to meet and approve hire/salary etc.? Is there a planned meeting before/on Monday?

Statements like this, although highly intelligent and incredibly valid, have no place on this board as they can not be supported, attacked, or demeaned by people who may, or may not, have well placed, or not so well placed, sources that can be relied on at least 40-50% of the time. Please follow the rules or you will be banned.

So admittedly I have been away from these boards for a while because the football team has been terrible. I have however kept a friendship with someone who is a very good source of info, she told me this the other day, I didn’t give it much thought until I’ve read this thread. Schiano has been negotiating a contract without any involvement with Hobbs, Schiano wants to control football but Hobbs doesn’t want to relinquish his control over it. It was also said the announcement would come during the bye week and if Hobbs wasn’t on board by then he’d be gone. There was nothing mentioned about a donor take down of Hobbs, Take it for what it is...

Aren’t our facilities catching up?
And in my post I already agreed with you on monetizing the market
The facilities around RU have improved 1000 percent in recent years. Prob is so has everyone else’s your recruiting against. Never going to win the arms race with the Michigan’s and OSU’s of the world. I saw the Penn St 24/7 show last week and their facilities were unbelievable.

No, I don't believe I did. You'll need to find that.

I apologize..you didnt you were right, i was wrong....however here is what you said which is basically a coup....

"amounts to a coordinated, high-level booster-led takedown of Pat Hobbs."

well that sounds like a coup to me

My issue is I do not buy that the donors are making RU go through bad publicity with the softball story, I can agree that they want Hobbs gone if he is resistant to Schiano, I just think you added some extra drama to the story. Fact is someone has to pay money out for Hobbs huge blunder of hiring, contract extension and then paying Ash off and hiring the new coach....they have every right to want to hire the guy they want as coach, if Hobbs disagrees then he will pack his bags

If this hits RU4Real board cred reaches the stratosphere.

Not sure ru4real cares much about board cred...but anyone that knows him, knows he wouldn't just throw some shit out there without having very good info. He has what you may consider some real life cred...Though, as we have all seen and have experienced, no matter how good the info is, it can change at any time and it has nothing to do with the messenger.

Speaking of Board cred- My
HOF
And actually real life cred
@RU4Real - just smart as shit. but a bit testy at times
@RutgersRaRa - if he don't like you, you are the problem
@MrsScrew - just because and don't argue with me
@vkj91 - on things he hears within NJ HS's
@beaced - lifetime acheivement
and kyk81 on wait- no, never mind...

There are others but not on the tip of the tongue...

Statements like this, although highly intelligent and incredibly valid, have no place on this board as they can not be supported, attacked, or demeaned by people who may, or may not, have well placed, or not so well placed, sources that can be relied on at least 40-50% of the time. Please follow the rules or you will be banned.
Conference call?

Getting rid of Baumgartner would be a bis mistake. She is an asset

Asset? Isn’t she in charge of FB game day fan experience? How’s that working out?

Since she was a former college softball player then why did the softball situation lead to a lawsuit vs RU? Sarah probably hired the current softball HC yet couldn’t help smooth over hard feelings towards the coach from the players?

She’s also known to work well with Hobbs so that may also be a negative. Maybe she goes if Hobbs goes?

Reactions: cicero grimes
Asset? Isn’t she in charge of FB game day fan experience? How’s that working out?

Since she was a former college softball player then why did the softball situation lead to a lawsuit vs RU? Sarah probably hired the current softball HC yet couldn’t help smooth over hard feelings towards the coach from the players?

She’s also known to work well with Hobbs so that may also be a negative. Maybe she goes if Hobbs goes?

The mental leaps it takes to attempt to blame Baumgartner for these things are mind boggling.

Conference call?

Again, not a statement that can be attacked, demeaned, or hotly debated. Please state whether your sources claim it is a pro/anti Schiano, anti/pro Hobbs, call so you can cite your sources as being reliable most of the time. Other than that you, too, are violating board rules. Be careful. And yes it could be a conference call, or some other form of modern hi tech internet meeting. But that isn’t fun to speculate on. Just being logical is not fun at all.

The mental leaps it takes to attempt to blame Baumgartner for these things are mind boggling.

Sarah can experience the RU Screw by working well with Hobbs if he gets pushed out. Blame the softball problem on her lack of oversight and fire both together.

That will be vintage RU if that happens. Will serve RU right if both Hobbs and Baumgartner find other jobs outside RU and quit this melodrama.

Only at Rutgers could an out of work, .500 coach with no other offers demand the exit of the best AD in school history, the exit of an incredibly talented rising star deputy AD, and the installation of an unqualified puppet and get it.

In my posts, he is officially dubbed St. Greg forever. It better work out for Greggy and the rest of the AD. When this blows up, the venom and hatred that will fly the other way will be the likes of which even Chris Ash could not imagine.

This is already going to draw an insane degree of backlash from the donors of every other sport.

They do, but as we've seen in the past, they can do this quickly. They also had to approve the Ash termination and there wasn't the big fanfare of an extensive meeting then either. I trust if "Fire Chris Ash" had been an agenda item at a BOG meeting prior to when he was let go, we'd have heard about it.

Just for reference, here is the story from when Ash was hired. It says "pending approval" from the BOG...: https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/2015/12/rutgers_official_chris_ash_to_be_introduced_monday.html

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT