ADVERTISEMENT

It's going down

our radio team could use a little improvement. While I love the fact 2 of them are alums, if you ever listened to any other college radio team we sound like the Jerky Boyz
well that is not who GS hired. It was Pernetti and a guy that the Mets ended up hiring away.. forget his name (some Mc-name iirc) or what he is doing now but it was a solid radio team.

Last edited:
Not sure ru4real cares much about board cred...but anyone that knows him, knows he wouldn't just throw some shit out there without having very good info. He has what you may consider some real life cred...Though, as we have all seen and have experienced, no matter how good the info is, it can change at any time and it has nothing to do with the messenger.

Speaking of Board cred- My
HOF
And actually real life cred
@RU4Real - just smart as shit. but a bit testy at times
@RutgersRaRa - if he don't like you, you are the problem
@MrsScrew - just because and don't argue with me
@vkj91 - on things he hears within NJ HS's
@beaced - lifetime acheivement
and kyk81 on wait- no, never mind...

There are others but not on the tip of the tongue...
c'mon... drityru, source and zappaa make that list. increase the size of of the tip of your tongue.

Reactions: MidwestKnights
So admittedly I have been away from these boards for a while because the football team has been terrible. I have however kept a friendship with someone who is a very good source of info, she told me this the other day, I didn’t give it much thought until I’ve read this thread. Schiano has been negotiating a contract without any involvement with Hobbs, Schiano wants to control football but Hobbs doesn’t want to relinquish his control over it. It was also said the announcement would come during the bye week and if Hobbs wasn’t on board by then he’d be gone. There was nothing mentioned about a donor take down of Hobbs, Take it for what it is...
Thank you.. that version makes a lot of sense.

If the funds in athletics all go to football like the last time Schiano was here, he won’t want to stay.

funds priority should go to football because football drives the bus, and has the highest return potential. Every other sport is a loss leader. The other sports got the APC on Livingston which cost $100M and the Rodkin Center which cost $65M. Now football needs a field house to keep pace with our peers.

So admittedly I have been away from these boards for a while because the football team has been terrible. I have however kept a friendship with someone who is a very good source of info, she told me this the other day, I didn’t give it much thought until I’ve read this thread. Schiano has been negotiating a contract without any involvement with Hobbs, Schiano wants to control football but Hobbs doesn’t want to relinquish his control over it. It was also said the announcement would come during the bye week and if Hobbs wasn’t on board by then he’d be gone. There was nothing mentioned about a donor take down of Hobbs, Take it for what it is...

Thanks!

I appreciate the no nonsense update.

Unlike some posing as “insiders” around here who love the spotlight and cannot resist making themselves part of the story.

Thanks!

I appreciate the no nonsense update.

Unlike some posing as “insiders” around here who love the spotlight and cannot resist making themselves part of the story.

His post, while perfectly fine, is no more substantial than any of the others in this thread. You just decided that it was completely accurate because it soothes your ruffled soul, logic be damned.

Whatever gets you through the night shift, slick.

Reactions: TGonzRU
His post, while perfectly fine, is no more substantial than any of the others in this thread. You just decided that it was completely accurate because it soothes your ruffled soul, logic be damned.

Whatever gets you through the night shift, slick.

Whoa!

Didn’t mean to ruffle your feathers, ace.

So defensive — took you a matter of seconds to respond to my post. You must really be monitoring this one closely, almost as though you ARE the story now.

Priceless.

LOL.

Whoa!

So defensive — took you a matter of seconds to respond to my post. You must really be monitoring this one closely, almost as though you ARE the story now.

Priceless.

LOL.

Actually just sat down.

Soon I'll be getting up again, to have dinner.

I may take the dog out, in the meantime.

I mean, since you seem to be so preoccupied with my schedule, and all.

I find it odd that - again, confronted with a narrative with which don't agree - you stake the position that anyone who starts a thread is "making themselves the story".

It's not logical. What is logical is that your efforts to derail the thread amount to YOU making yourself the story.

Reactions: Spare130
well that is not who GS hired. It was Pernetti and a guy that the Mets ended up hiring away.. forget his name (some Mc-name iirc) or what he is doing now but it was a solid radio team.
It was Tom McCarthy. And it was very solid. He’s with the Phillies I think now?

Give me Tom McCarthy along with a Ray Lucas and Eric LeGrande and that’s not too shabby either.

Reactions: RuSnp
It was Tom McCarthy. And it was very solid. He’s with the Phillies I think now?

Give me Tom McCarthy along with a Ray Lucas and Eric LeGrande and that’s not too shabby either.
Haha I kept wanting to say "Tim McCarver" but knew that wasn't right. Brain work not.

So it's now past COB Friday.

Are we confirmed for GS Monday?

A lot of posters are going to instantly gain or lose major credibility by then lol
According to some “know it all” folks on this forum it was suppose to be this week. What happen??????

Whoa!

Priceless.

LOL.
You are so predictable. Pick a fight, get punches, and cry foul.

According to some “know it all” folks on this forum it was suppose to be this week. What happen??????
It was by a poster and I mentioned that but now that poster says Monday so we’ll see if that holds or moves further back.

I’m a nobody but I’ve always thought the first week after the season myself be it Schiano or anyone else.

Reactions: Knightmoves
Only at Rutgers could an out of work, .500 coach with no other offers demand the exit of the best AD in school history, the exit of an incredibly talented rising star deputy AD, and the installation of an unqualified puppet and get it.

In my posts, he is officially dubbed St. Greg forever. It better work out for Greggy and the rest of the AD. When this blows up, the venom and hatred that will fly the other way will be the likes of which even Chris Ash could not imagine.

This is already going to draw an insane degree of backlash from the donors of every other sport.

oh stop acting like a drama queen

There was nothing wrong with Pernetti. Pernetti got fired because Barchi was lazy and needed a scapegoat; no other reason.

Pernetti was our worst AD by far, hired Rice and f'd the handling of video and firing and set bad things in motion when RU was set to enter the Big 10. Also hired Flood

had to be the worst fundraiser in the history of college sports

Reactions: Ole Cabbagehead
Multiple NJ politicians now calling for Hobbs to resign due to his response to Reporter.

Barchi can add the softball lawsuit to the liability list of keeping Hobbs. Then make a vague reference about Hobbs ability to lead at RU in the future and he can be out the door at any time.

Hobbs can be the 4th consecutive RU AD to bite the dust if/when this happens.

The guy on the street may get the impression that RU is a difficult place to work.

Multiple NJ politicians now calling for Hobbs to resign due to his response to Reporter.

Barchi can add the softball lawsuit to the liability list of keeping Hobbs. Then make a vague reference about Hobbs ability to lead at RU in the future and he can be out the door at any time.

Hobbs can be the 4th consecutive RU AD to bite the dust if/when this happens.

The guy on the street may get the impression that RU is a difficult place to work.
Now that Hobbs is gone Schiano should be named soon

And it’s my line, @yesrutgers01! LOL

But it’s totally correct.

I know I heard it from someone else first so you get that credit...actually- RaRa gets the credit. Maybe one of the best people I have ever met.
I bet I may be one of the few people to ever see him mad enough to get fists up ready to tear someone up...lol

Reactions: Vlife
I know I heard it from someone else first so you get that credit...actually- RaRa gets the credit. Maybe one of the best people I have ever met.
I bet I may be one of the few people to ever see him mad enough to get fists up ready to tear someone up...lol
Well we all know it was obviously the other guy’s fault, right?

Pernetti was our worst AD by far, hired Rice and f'd the handling of video and firing and set bad things in motion when RU was set to enter the Big 10. Also hired Flood

had to be the worst fundraiser in the history of college sports

I can't speak to his actual coaching abilities ... but there was nothing wrong with Rice's demeanor either; certainly nothing fireable. Barchi doesn't care about athletics at all, so any time something in the Athletics Department causes him even a tiny bit of annoyance, he's gonna want to just get rid of the person and move on. The media (local and now national) knows this, so they will push grief at every opportunity just to **** with him some more and see how far they can bully him. For them, it's entertaining.

Rice and Pernetti were fired because of nonsense. Then he hired Hermann solely to get the feminist and LGBTQ lobbies to leave him alone (after Rice called a player a "******"). Luckily Hermann was such a big disaster that they buried themselves back underground. Of course anyone paying even a modicum of attention knew that would only embolden the media ... which is why you have Hobbs being fired because a softball coach made players run wind sprints. It would be comical if Barchi weren't actually, you know, running the university and making constantly bad decisions regarding the Athletics Department.

I can't speak to his actual coaching abilities ... but there was nothing wrong with Rice's demeanor either; certainly nothing fireable. Barchi doesn't care about athletics at all, so any time something in the Athletics Department causes him even a tiny bit of annoyance, he's gonna want to just get rid of the person and move on. The media (local and now national) knows this, so they will push grief at every opportunity just to **** with him some more and see how far they can bully him. For them, it's entertaining.

Rice and Pernetti were fired because of nonsense. Then he hired Hermann solely to get the feminist and LGBTQ lobbies to leave him alone (after Rice called a player a "******"). Luckily Hermann was such a big disaster that they buried themselves back underground. Of course anyone paying even a modicum of attention knew that would only embolden the media ... which is why you have Hobbs being fired because a softball coach made players run wind sprints. It would be comical if Barchi weren't actually, you know, running the university and making constantly bad decisions regarding the Athletics Department.

I liked Mike Rice but its clear that when the tapes would come out...and everyone knew they would, Pernetti was a tool, he hadnt prepared for it and he hadnt got out ahead of the story...he was a disaster in handling that....not to mention he hired Flood to save a recruiting class.

I liked Mike Rice but its clear that when the tapes would come out...and everyone knew they would, Pernetti was a tool, he hadnt prepared for it and he hadnt got out ahead of the story...he was a disaster in handling that....not to mention he hired Flood to save a recruiting class.
I blame the Flood disaster on Hermann more than Pernetti. The reason? Pernetti's hiring of Flood wasn't the worst stopgap in the world. His contract was worth nothing. His first year he made something like $700k. At the time, we were mired in the AAC as the B1G had taken Nebraska alone, despite the rumors. If there was a chance we were going to spend the rest of eternity in the AAC, there was no reason to spend big on a HC. Add to that the fact that Cristobol couldn't be lured here because his wife frowned on relocating to Jersey. When the news finally came out that we had the B1G invite and things were clearly in decline, it's was Julie's failure to round up the funds to terminate him.

I blame the Flood disaster on Hermann more than Pernetti. The reason? Pernetti's hiring of Flood wasn't the worst stopgap in the world. His contract was worth nothing. His first year he made something like $700k. At the time, we were mired in the AAC as the B1G had taken Nebraska alone, despite the rumors. If there was a chance we were going to spend the rest of eternity in the AAC, there was no reason to spend big on a HC. Add to that the fact that Cristobol couldn't be lured here because his wife frowned on relocating to Jersey. When the news finally came out that we had the B1G invite and things were clearly in decline, it's was Julie's failure to round up the funds to terminate him.

This board was 100% in favor of saving the recruiting class when Pernetti got directly involved with keeping the recruiting class. Pernetti was considered a savior of RU FB at the time.

And then came the Flood.

Reactions: cicero grimes
I blame the Flood disaster on Hermann more than Pernetti. The reason? Pernetti's hiring of Flood wasn't the worst stopgap in the world. His contract was worth nothing.

Bingo. If Flood were utilized as the stop gap he so obviously should have been and was supposed to be, we'd all be calling it a smart short-term transitional move.

COMPETENT AD: "Hey boss, we just got admitted into the Big 10 and now we're guaranteed a big pile of money coming in every year ... so I'd like to hire a real head coach instead of the stopgap I settled on last offseason when we thought we'd never have any money."

INCOMPETENT SCHOOL PRESIDENT: "No, you have to wait nine years until you're getting a full Big 10 portion. That stopgap jackass you hired will be fine for the foreseeable future. Althletics cost too much."

This board was 100% in favor of saving the recruiting class when Pernetti got directly involved with keeping the recruiting class. Pernetti was considered a savior of RU FB at the time.

And then came the Flood.

wrong and where was the class going with just a few days left

she did round up the funds...on one condition, donors said that it had to be an experienced head coach...yes they truly were clueless on what the going rate was, they didnt want assistants...Julie was high on Tom Hermmann and Narduzzi who were assistants and would have come

He's not wrong. This board was entirely on-board with the Flood hiring as a stopgap at the time (as well as the other stuff, like Pernetti making himself a coach so he could call recruits).

you are wrong, i wasnt on board and there was definitely a sizable group who didnt want him as coach and then they were immediately shouted down...Flood should have fired as an assistant

you are wrong, i wasnt on board and there was definitely a sizable group who didnt want him as coach and then they were immediately shouted down...Flood should have fired as an assistant

There was a not a sizable group. It's one of the few things in the last decade that the entire board found agreement about - especially after it was known that Cristobal said no.

"It was so late. Where eles were the recruits going to go?"

Yeah, nobody would have taken in the six 4 and 5 star recruits in that class.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT