ADVERTISEMENT

JG THANKS

RUBOB72

Heisman Winner
Aug 5, 2004
I cheered for your dad many years ago ...Jim Sr. was not considered the athlete you are reported to be nor did he get the high school accolades...I will tell you this JG...your father had what is termed Jersey Pride... repping Jersey is something special but not in Tennessee , not in Ohio , not in Alabama nor Timbuktu...And if Rutgers and Tennessee should ever meet on the field during your days as a Vol I'll be sure to wish you no luck against my team ...You have now and forever been caste into the same light as Brian Cushing, Brian Toal and Sgt Peppers at Michigan...The Rutger's hat looked good on the table alongside those two ....sorry you didn't tape Rutgers on the pre tape ...enjoy your career at Tennessee...and thanks for the obligatory visits.

and when you hear 'Good Ol Rocky-Top" for the 5oooth time remember your new home... Jersey NOT...

JG:
200_s.gif

Good by ,we do not care about you period. Welcome to life.

His dad has so much Jersey pride & Rutgers pride that he landed a Tenn job
This post was edited on 4/15 9:32 PM by Leonard23

Originally posted by Leonard23:
What job , not saying it isn't true but haven't heard anything about that except what has been implied here.
confused0003.r191677.gif

Not a lot of class in this thread. If you don't like how a recruit handled his recruitment why stoop to his level?

JG made his choice - good luck to him, but the Times Square video was ridiculous.

I object to the notion that his dad "wanted" his son at RU. I think he was as enamored by the all of the attention of the "big" schools as much as his son. Bottom line is that Flood needs a couple bs artist assistant coaches that can sell. That's what these kids are attracted to.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by ruclass76:
JG made his choice - good luck to him, but the Times Square video was ridiculous.
This. What was he thinking with that video. On so many levels that was a terrible decision.

You people are like teenage girls at a boy band concert.

Get a life. Get a grip.

Agree that the video was really unnecessary and over the top, especially here in Rutgers territory. After that, I realized that he probably is not really a Rutgers kind of guy, and that's not sour grapes. I would NEVER have allowed my kids at age 17 to do that kind of thing (both were athletes) and, yes, as a parent you still have some control over a 17-year-old. I thought that showed a lot of disrespect for RU and for Flood and was just not necessary.

I fully agree about the negative comments about the parenting more than the actions of a teenager.

Who is this JG you speak of?
For went it's worth, I don't need any cash now..

Originally posted by Dr. Potato:
You people are like teenage girls at a boy band concert.

Get a life. Get a grip.
Have a lot of experience with teenage girls at boy band concerts? Isn't that a "tweener" thing?

Originally posted by Leonard23:
Is that true?

LOL at the bitterness.

I am not sure why people should expect upper echelon kids to play for a lower tiered program just out of state pride?

If you want to be pissed at someone or something for why JG and others have left the state, be pissed at RU, not the kid.

As "Captain" once said: "What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men [JG] you just can't
reach. So you get what we had here last week [yesterday], which is the way he wants
it. Well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men."

As I recall, it did not end well for "Luke."

Now let's move on. . . .

The best QB in NJ, went to Notre Dame. We let this other kid manipulate us, we let his father con the state into believing the hype. Now, lets us as a RU Nation move on and quickly! Please.

Dare, to me has a higher upside anyway.

Originally posted by Exit117:
If they recruit over him, can he play DB?
They don't need to. They brought in 3 4* kids this year. Even if he is very good he might not ever see the field.

Originally posted by Ty Webb:
LOL at the bitterness.

I am not sure why people should expect upper echelon kids to play for a lower tiered program just out of state pride?

If you want to be pissed at someone or something for why JG and others have left the state, be pissed at RU, not the kid.
I think people in this thread are reacting more to the video and drama associated with the announcement. Any sane person would have to admit that this stuff is way out of hand.

The VIDEO - - UGH!
it is kind of like really bad wine - first impression - not good ... and then leaves a more horrible lingering after-taste.

It demonstrates either a real lack of thinking - or real poor & careless reasoning:

(1.) Way too much - too much time to create - too much expense - too professionally done - too much involvement by too many people who should not have been intimately participating in creating all of this fanfare - even if he said RU - this was wrong way for a high school junior to announce his 'verbal' ... way too much 'hey look at me' for this stage in his football career - makes him appear to have a hungry ego that must be fed at all costs.

(2.) Way too permanent - create a glitzy -show-boaty promo internet announcement like this & it never goes away - he may as well go and get a big old "T" tattooed on his face - because he has put himself in a position where it could be a real pr nightmare to reconsider - sure he could 're-open' his recruitment - but he'd have a huge risk of being the butt of endless ridicule with endless play of this 'drama-show' announcement. This video unnecessarily closes down / or makes more difficult some of his remaining options.

(3.) Way too little consideration. What were they thinking? Didn't it dawn on anybody in his camp that using the Times Square setting as the backdrop to announce "I'm going to Tennessee" was going to unfold like a slap in the face to Rutgers? and to a degree- the B1G ? Look at the finish of the B1G promo commercial - it zooms in on RU & the NY metro area landmarks.

Certainly hope he is happy in Tennessee - or - where ever events take him. Gotta wonder - if he does well and considers going to the NFL early - will he announce that decision on a half-hour special on ESPN?

Originally posted by RUPete:

LOL at the bitterness.

I think people in this thread are reacting more to the video and drama associated with the announcement. Any sane person would have to admit that this stuff is way out of hand.
It totally is but they all do it now. Whether it's the stupid hats on the table thing, there was that kid that made a rap video and announced his decision in that, etc. Clausen showed up at the College Football Hall of Fame in South Bend years ago in a limo to announce his decision. It's stupid, it's silly, it makes the kid look like an idiot and an egomaniac IMO but.............

Unfortunately, it's the nature of how these things go down now for kids.

Originally posted by RUPete:

LOL at the bitterness.

It totally is but they all do it now. Whether it's the stupid hats on the table thing, there was that kid that made a rap video and announced his decision in that, etc. Clausen showed up at the College Football Hall of Fame in South Bend years ago in a limo to announce his decision. It's stupid, it's silly, it makes the kid look like an idiot and an egomaniac IMO but.............

Unfortunately, it's the nature of how these things go down now for kids.
Honestly, I just wish people would actually accomplish something first before all the hype. It's not just these kids, you see it in the working world too often as well.

I think it was almost a blessing in disguise that he committed to Tennessee. There is something disingenuous about him and his need for attention. The other day, before his decision (or, should I say, announcement), there was an article that discussed how close he is to his family. His mother is having some undisclosed health problem. He is reportedly very close to a younger sister. His father is revered at Rutgers. And, he decides to commit to a school that is 800 miles away? Just seems like a selfish attitude. Good luck and good riddance.

Originally posted by Riskpool:
I think it was almost a blessing in disguise that he committed to Tennessee. There is something disingenuous about him and his need for attention. The other day, before his decision (or, should I say, announcement), there was an article that discussed how close he is to his family. His mother is having some undisclosed health problem. He is reportedly very close to a younger sister. His father is revered at Rutgers. And, he decides to commit to a school that is 800 miles away? Just seems like a selfish attitude. Good luck and good riddance.
LOL.

Geezus.

And surely, some of your fan base couldn't possibly contribute to building that ego you now find deplorable? How do you, a complete stranger, make an assessment about this kid's family and him being selfish for choosing a school of his choice?

I get the disappointment, I really do, but that's so far over the line, I have to ask--are you under the age of 18? Yikes!

How about the announcement to announce to when he going to have his announcement. Maybe this is normal when recruiting big time players.......seems ridiculous to me...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT