ADVERTISEMENT

Jonah Jackson to Ohio State

can't blame him with the situation ash has created here. He's gonna start at Center and wind up getting drafted in the middle rounds and make some nice coin. Best of luck to a great kid
What situation has Ash created here?
What about the situation Flood created here and the huge hole Ash had to dig out of?
Jackson could have started at RU as well and get drafted.

Lol. Can’t blame the kid, some of the replies to his Twitter announcement are brutal.

Youre not serious right?
I'm dead serious. What exactly is the situation that Ash created?
Seems more like he has dealt with a situation that Flood has created.
Has he set the world on fire? No. Have there been some ugly moments? Yes.
Jackson said he was going to pursue a graduate degree that he could not get at Rutgers. I will take him at his word on that.
Did Ash create the lack of degree situation?

Reactions: BaseballFan913
How quickly we forget. Ohio State’s Kevin Feder ended up at Kansas, played in every game this year, and has another year of eligibility. As far as I know, there was no interest from Rutgers.

https://kuathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=16051
he wanted to come back to RU too. Ash didn't even sniff him. Could've started at RT for us IMO and would've allowed us to move seymour to guard

Jackson said he was going to pursue a graduate degree that he could not get at Rutgers. I will take him at his word on that.

Come on, they always say that. They have to do.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
ha. You interested in bridges? I got one to sell ya. Yeah you're right, he's leaving Rutgers to go to OHIO STATE FOR ACADEMIC REASONS. I mean his two finalists were Oklahoma and Ohio State, 2 complete academic stalwarts I tell ya!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry, but we're going into Ash's fourth year... the "situation that Flood created" is gone. There are only a handful of players left that were Flood recruits, and the current staff has had three full years to build their offensive and defensive schemes/philosophy, S&C program, recruiting connections and relationships, etc. We're past the point of "but whaddabout Flood..." That's gone now. We're in Year 4, and we're staring at a 2-3 win season.

Everything that we see right now is the situation Ash created.

Sorry, but we're going into Ash's fourth year... the "situation that Flood created" is gone. There are only a handful of players left that were Flood recruits, and the current staff has had three full years to build their offensive and defensive schemes/philosophy, S&C program, recruiting connections and relationships, etc. We're past the point of "but whaddabout Flood..." That's gone now. We're in Year 4, and we're staring at a 2-3 win season.

some sites put out super early o/u lines and I forget the site but one has Rutgers season win total over/under at 2

More proof that Ash is a dud. Team Captain suddenly decides to transfer after the first spring meeting. Sure, Ash took over a colander like-program, but in his time here he has done NOTHING to show fans otherwise.

Reactions: MorrisAsh

I agree. The defense showed some semblance of being competent last year. Ash stumbled on offense. He finally has an OC returning. So let's see how this year plays out. But his Achilles heel has been the QB. Is it his fault--ultimately yes. But perhaps J Lew was overrated out of high school, and he really has not done a great job recruiting the most critical position. He is going to live or die by Art, or have to make another change this year. Not holding my breath.

Reactions: JoeRU0304
Blaming the kid for going to OSU is stupid
Blaming ash for him going is equally stupid.
He didn’t leave for Kansas or Buffalo. He is going to start for a top 5 program in the country. Even if it doesn’t increase his draft stock, it will be the best year and environment of his life.
I know he’s a grad transfer but get used to this. With all the waivers being handed out, free agency is upon us.

Blaming the kid for going to OSU is stupid
Blaming ash for him going is equally stupid.
He didn’t leave for Kansas or Buffalo. He is going to start for a top 5 program in the country. Even if it doesn’t increase his draft stock, it will be the best year and environment of his life.
I know he’s a grad transfer but get used to this. With all the waivers being handed out, free agency is upon us.
Then it is Hobbs fault somehow. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Watch Jonah put up a monster year. He thrived with subpar at best coaching here. A player of his caliber with top notch coaching, facilities, etc will do immensely better.

ha. You interested in bridges? I got one to sell ya. Yeah you're right, he's leaving Rutgers to go to OHIO STATE FOR ACADEMIC REASONS. I mean his two finalists were Oklahoma and Ohio State, 2 complete academic stalwarts I tell ya!
The WSJ ranks OSU no. 69 overall in 2018 (which is good) while Rutgers' ranking was 147th (decent). Michigan was ranked an excellent 27th. Not quite sure I understand the point you're trying to make. Don't let a school's athletic reputation automatically cloud your judgement of them academically. In fact, almost every B1G school offers very good/outstanding academics.

Reactions: Scarlet Pride
The WSJ ranks OSU no. 69 overall in 2018 (which is good) while Rutgers' ranking was 147th (decent). Michigan was ranked an excellent 27th. Not quite sure I understand the point you're trying to make. Don't let a school's athletic reputation automatically cloud your judgement of them academically. In fact, almost every B1G school offers very good/outstanding academics.
Jonah Jackson left Rutgers for academic reasons. Right. Gotcha.

He is saying no big-time college football player actually transfers for the last year of their career due to academics. Cmon man.

Don't like that he went to an in divisional foe. Sorry but I don't wish the kid any ill will but I just can't root for him. It's a slap in the face to all his teammates here at Rutgers. I'm a Rutgers fan not an OSU fan, so I'm not going to applaud the move.

Jonah Jackson left Rutgers for academic reasons. Right. Gotcha.
I would bet that the biggest factor with him transferring to OSU is their football program and his chance of being in the spotlight for the NFL scouts - no doubt. My point was that B1G schools like UM/OSU/PSU are all very good/excellent academic institutions even though they have big-time athletic reputations. You compared OSU to Oklahoma - c'mon man. And didn't I read in this thread where the kid said he wanted to pursue a graduate degree at OSU that isn't offered at Rutgers ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT