ADVERTISEMENT

Kulas potential 2025 NLL draft prospect

Kulas started the season on fire. He was lethal. But when Cameron went down struggled a bit. He is an elite finisher but if he can develop his carry game and create his own shot he has huge potential. As is, he is a weapon but needs to have two other dodgers / feeders around him to showcase. But if he can create it changes the whole dynamic of our attack.

When Cameron went down it we had him and a few other guys that aren't carry guys. It allowed defenses to key on Ross Scott knowing no one else was threat 1 on 1. With the guys we brought in, Kulas should be more effective freeing him up to do what he does.

Reactions: Wagram97
Effective dodgers are actually more rare than you would think in big time college lacrosse. When a team has a few, they become very difficult to defend.

You can talk all you want about sophisticated offense and ball movement…and yes, you need that in some form…But at the end of the day, it comes down to winning one on one matchups. Can your guy beat our guy 1v1…

I think back to the NCAA round one game a couple years ago vs Lehigh. I sat almost field level at that game on the grass hill because Joey had just had major knee surgery, he could barely move and was on crutches…he could not make it into the stands and he needed to stretch out…so we sat on the grass at UVA

What was so obvious that game is Lehigh could NOT win a match up against any of our guys…literally could not beat any of our defense off the dodge….we punished them physically in defense and in the middle of the field…you have to win your matchup…period.

Anyway…hope you guys are having a nice summer!

All the best to you Rutgers lacrosse fanatics!

PS…GO LIONS!!! 😜😉

Last edited:
We'll get some early indications over the rest of the week, although RT Evan Neal is in concussion protocol and is questionable.
Hey….I’m a life long Lions fan…I’ll challenge any of you to find a worse team to be a fan of 😂

20 year season ticket holder (finally gave them up when they went 0-16)…one playoff win in my LIFETIME!!! I’m in my early 50’s for a reference point…

I have a little excitement here preseason…although I feel like I’m gonna be heartbroken….we will see 😉

Hey….I’m a life long Lions fan…I’ll challenge any of you to find a worse team to be a fan of 😂

20 year season ticket holder (finally gave them up when they went 0-16)…one playoff win in my LIFETIME!!! I’m in my early 50’s for a reference point…

I have a little excitement here preseason…although I feel like I’m gonna be heartbroken….we will see 😉

I am a lifelong Giants fan, which includes the 60s. Had more good times than you but plenty of time in the basement as well.

I am a lifelong Giants fan, which includes the 60s. Had more good times than you but plenty of time in the basement as well.
I respect you @mdk01 and you seem like a good guy in this board….but our teams NFL resumes are not even close to comparable 😏😜

I’d take the Giants any day over my Lions

What do you have:

3 Super Bowl Championships and 4 SB appearances??

We have 0 super bowl appearances
1 NFC title game (1991) - Lost by like 40
1 Playoff win in my life…ONE!!!

I’m 53

I’ll trade ya!!! 😉

I respect you @mdk01 and you seem like a good guy in this board….but our teams NFL resumes are not even close to comparable 😏😜

What do you have:

I’m 53

I’ll trade ya!!! 😉

Don't move too fast. At 53 they were 2-1 in the SB and had traded the #2 pick of the 1975 draft (Randy White) for Craig Morton and had spent their 1st rd picks a few years earlier for Rocky Thompson and Eldridge Small in consecutive years.

Reactions: mattkamish
I'm still pathetically clinging to the Chicago Bears superbowl from when I was 11 and my Islanders cups from the 70s. If it were not for the Yankees, my sports allegiances would have me drinking every day instead of just most days lol. Becoming a Rutgers lax fan and a fan of the sport in general the last few years has been a breath of fresh air!

Reactions: mattkamish

What do you have:

I’m 53

I’ll trade ya!!! 😉
J-E-T-S. It has been a long, bumpy ride.

Effective dodgers are actually more rare than you would think in big time college lacrosse. When a team has a few, they become very difficult to defend.

You can talk all you want about sophisticated offense and ball movement…and yes, you need that in some form…But at the end of the day, it comes down to winning one on one matchups. Can your guy beat our guy 1v1…

I think back to the NCAA round one game a couple years ago vs Lehigh. I sat almost field level at that game on the grass hill because Joey had just had major knee surgery, he could barely move and was on crutches…he could not make it into the stands and he needed to stretch out…so we sat on the grass at UVA

What was so obvious that game is Lehigh could NOT win a match up against any of our guys…literally could not beat any of our defense off the dodge….we punished them physically in defense and in the middle of the field…you have to win your matchup…period.

Anyway…hope you guys are having a nice summer!

All the best to you Rutgers lacrosse fanatics!

PS…GO LIONS!!! 😜
The reality is that offensive players need to beat their guy 1v1 and if they can not they are going to have a hard time finding their way on the field. It is very hard to score in the settled game and even harder when you can not take advantage of your short stick matchups. This is why we were so good a couple of years ago. We had great ssdm who could then transition and play offense. When you look at matchups you generally look at your offensive middies vs their Ssdm and your 3rd attack vs their 3rd pole. The goal on offense is generally can we get Scott or Knobloch on a Short stick can we get an attack man on a short stick. If we are playing an attack man that can not dodge a short stick that is a problem.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT