ADVERTISEMENT

Legendary Mike Francesa rant about Franklin

Summary of his press conference statement a few minutes ago.

To be very clear, JF was not icing Georgia State. Had 4th-team defense with some 3s on the field. Never have had a 4th-team FG block in his 23 years. They didn't know how to line up. Recommendation to get second team in there. Called time out. Got second team in there. Kris Petersen has sent him some things. People say they should just let the other team kick it through the uprights when up 56-0. If that's how you feel, you won't ever understand JF. First game, last game, losing or winning, raining or sunny, they're going to fight for every inch on the field, yard, second on the clock. They're going to fight. A standard to how they do things. If ppl think they shouldn't block the kick at the end of the game bc of score, then you probably won't understand them. There's a standard on the football field and in life. A bad day? Still have to go again tomorrow. Something bad happen? You have to go home and be a good husband/father. It's PSU's job to keep them out of the end zone; it's their job to score. It's become a thing but that's really it is. A standard and it'll be that way today and for as long as JF is here.

Good for him. Understand what this "innovative" philosophy will eventually lead to. Be prepared to get kicked the next time you are down, whenever that may be. Judging how your fanbase acted during the sanctions, you didn't like it much the last time.

To be very clear, JF was not icing Georgia State. Had 4th-team defense with some 3s on the field. Never have had a 4th-team FG block in his 23 years. They didn't know how to line up. Recommendation to get second team in there. Called time out. Got second team in there. Kris Petersen has sent him some things. People say they should just let the other team kick it through the uprights when up 56-0. If that's how you feel, you won't ever understand JF. First game, last game, losing or winning, raining or sunny, they're going to fight for every inch on the field, yard, second on the clock. They're going to fight. A standard to how they do things. If ppl think they shouldn't block the kick at the end of the game bc of score, then you probably won't understand them. There's a standard on the football field and in life. A bad day? Still have to go again tomorrow. Something bad happen? You have to go home and be a good husband/father. It's PSU's job to keep them out of the end zone; it's their job to score. It's become a thing but that's really it is. A standard and it'll be that way today and for as long as JF is here.
Are you trying to tell me college football players on defense don't know how to line up? I might expect that from the kicking team, but not the defending team. Seriously at that point of the game, just get on the line, don't jump offsides and stay off the long snapper. Oh and don't get hurt on a meaningless play. My midget football team knows that.

Most penn state fans know it was low class but some demented individuals are willing to rationalize anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: thegock
1w5bh8.jpg

Except....... he's lying.

The "4's" (as he calls them) lined up just fine......... so, he's a doucheback and a liar......... rotten at the core........... just a matter of time until it all crumbles....

And the lack of self-understanding by his statement is both ironic and hilarious........ There's a standard on the football field and in life. A bad day? Still have to go again tomorrow. Something bad happen? You have to go home and be a good husband/father. i.e..: Beat up on an over-matched team for 59 minutes and 37 seconds????... Don't forget to kick 'em in the balls one last time if you get the chance!!!! .............. yup, that sounds like a great "standard" to live by....

Kapy...You never cease to amaze. Do you actually think James Franklin gives a rat's ass about what a NY sports talk show host says?
Even money says Franklin has zero idea who Mike Francesa is but he's going to punish RU for what he says? Especially since Mike has been such a HUGE RU supporter (sarcasm ).
Amazing logic.
Mike Francesa might be the most well know sports radio host on the planet. There's a reason why his tirade made headlines.

Like I said, if that's how Franklin wants to roll, that's fine. But the next time Urban Meyer/Ohio State or anyone else for that matter is up 63-14 on you, don't whine like little bitches about how much of a scumbag their coach is like you did a few years ago.

Like I said, if that's how Franklin wants to roll, that's fine. But the next time Urban Meyer/Ohio State or anyone else for that matter is up 63-14 on you, don't whine like little bitches about how much of a scumbag their coach is like you did a few years ago.
They won't. Their MO is to blame the refs as they are Unrivaled

In other words, being a douche...

Regardless of the excuse you as a poster understands that there is no way he can let them score, right!! Would he have been better received if he said "listen I couldn't let them score and give someone an excuse to keep us out of the playoffs". Yeah that would have gone over real well.
OMG! Congratulations, you're right in step with all the other pathetic PSU losers!

If he didn't want them to score and was worried about his "4"s...he should have called the TO before the play and put his "1"s out there... not wait until the snap. What a DB

Didn't Rutgers have multiple players arrested at practice a few years ago? All Franklin did was call timeout.
Didn't PSU have their AD and PSU President found guilty in a court of law over a recent pedophile cover-up? Just asking. Oh, didn't JoePa just escape jail time by planting himself six feet under. Just asking.

Reactions: thegock
Listen I believe that a good portion of the PSU fans know that was a bush league move, but they are not the ones that are going to post here. All you are going to get here are the cretins that live in their mother's basement and have no sense of reality. So we really need to ignore these ignoramuses.

Didn't PSU have their AD and PSU President found guilty in a court of law over a recent pedophile cover-up? Just asking. Oh, didn't JoePa just escape jail time by planting himself six feet under. Just asking.

actually...found innocent of cover up/conspiracy charges.....but yes....guilty for failure to report....no bueno

relevance, be damned

if you 're ever on the PSU campus you know you can't mention the name sandusky or even allude to the past atrocities--it's scary

no south jersey is fine--but Happy Valley has a case of shame that needs to be covered up

by the way for those who say this is "local" , it's obviously not----https://sports.yahoo.com/mike-francesa-hilariously-ripped-james-franklin-icing-kicker-56-0-014408536.html and there are many others picking up the story

actually...found innocent of cover up/conspiracy charges.....but yes....guilty for failure to report....no bueno

relevance, be damned
Former Penn St President Graham Spanier, 68, was sentenced to four to 12 months, with the first two in jail and the rest under house arrest.
He was convicted of child endangerment.
Former Penn St Athletic Director Tim Curley, 63, received a sentence of seven to 23 months, with three in jail.
Former Penn St Vice President ( also in charge of PSU’s Police Department) Gary Schultz, 67, was given six to 23 months, with two months behind bars.
Both Curley and Schultz pleaded guilty to child endangerment.
Both the judge and prosecutors Friday thrust blame onto Paterno himself. Paterno was fired but never charged with a crime; he died of lung cancer at age 85 two months after Sandusky's arrest.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ntencing-sandusky-scandal-20170602-story.html

The Iowa vs Penn State game is going to be very interesting. Now that PSU has been anointed with a number 4 ranking opposing teams gonna give it their all week in and week out.

Last edited:
He went after them again today, just before McAdoo's conference call. The Penn State faithful just can't admit they were wrong...

Because their new deity keeps doubling down on his b#lls#it. All Franklin had to say today was something along the lines of "I felt our D played a great game and I wanted to give them an opportunity to preserve the shutout . They earned it. No disrespect was meant toward Georgia State or Coach Elliott. They came in and gave it their all Saturday night and I wish them a great season the rest of the way".

Former Penn St President Graham Spanier, 68, was sentenced to four to 12 months, with the first two in jail and the rest under house arrest.
He was convicted of child endangerment.
Former Penn St Athletic Director Tim Curley, 63, received a sentence of seven to 23 months, with three in jail.
Former Penn St Vice President ( also in charge of PSU’s Police Department) Gary Schultz, 67, was given six to 23 months, with two months behind bars.
Both Curley and Schultz pleaded guilty to child endangerment.
Both the judge and prosecutors Friday thrust blame onto Paterno himself. Paterno was fired but never charged with a crime; he died of lung cancer at age 85 two months after Sandusky's arrest.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ntencing-sandusky-scandal-20170602-story.html
Child endangerment. My bad, I said failure to report. Both are misdemeanors. Regardless, they got what they deserved. But still....conspiracy charges were dropped for Curley & Schultz and Graham Spanier was found INNOCENT of any conspiracy charges. Should be in the article you posted or simple google search

Child endangerment. My bad, I said failure to report. Both are misdemeanors. Regardless, they got what they deserved. But still....conspiracy charges were dropped for Curley & Schultz and Graham Spanier was found INNOCENT of any conspiracy charges. Should be in the article you posted or simple google search
Disturbing that you want to parse the legal outcome. For what purpose. To defend the football programs legacy? It's of very little importance compared to the atrocity that occurred. The administration of a great university allowedchild rape to carry on for years. It's indefensible. Very sad. This is coming from someone who doesn't judge the whole community or the football program for what occurred. But it's important to acknowledge it happened because of a few people who were too weakminded to do the right thing. Their criimes are unforgivable.

Playing semantics with child rape is truly bad form and disturbing for any civilized human being.

The Iowa vs Penn State game is going to be very interesting. Now that PSU has been anointed with a number 4 ranking opposing teams gonna give it their all week in and week out.
Because teams don't get pumped up To play the number 5 team? Seriously?

... and Graham Spanier was found INNOCENT of any conspiracy charges.
Actually, nobody is ever found INNOCENT in an American court. You can be declared "not guilty", meaning the prosecution has not convinced the jury (or judge, if a bench trial) that the defendant is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Lack of conviction is not proof that no crime was committed.

Reactions: RUsSKii

First, not guilty isn't the same as innocent. Second, itwas only a misdemeanor WTF? Third, PLEASE stay away from children.

Actually, nobody is ever found INNOCENT in an American court. You can be declared "not guilty", meaning the prosecution has not convinced the jury (or judge, if a bench trial) that the defendant is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Lack of conviction is not proof that no crime was committed.

Just ask this guy!!!!

the-stars-of-the-oj-simpson-trial-where-are-they-now.jpg

So, porktrap, for clarification, when you were seemingly agreeing with TrueRU's sentiment in a thread he started a few days back about "Enough with the Constant Penn State Stuff", your complaint was ONLY about the PSU bashing that occurs on this board, not PSU football talk in general. In fact, there's nothing that you would rather do than convert this board into a lively discussion board focusing on PSU's upcoming games. Much better than discussing RU football, a team that failed to hire a PSU alum (Golden) when they had the chance, and will only win a couple of games at best this year. That is where you are coming from ... correct?

First, not guilty isn't the same as innocent. Second, itwas only a misdemeanor WTF? Third, PLEASE stay away from children.
Guilty is guilty and not guilty is guilty..,,got it. Hope you're never accused of anything

I never said ONLY a misdemeanor....you did

Yes..he was found Not Guilty....my bad...who would ever assume that could potentially mean he was innocent of said allegation lol

Yes..he was found Not Guilty....my bad...who would ever assume that could potentially mean he was innocent of said allegation lol
You are free to believe he is innocent of the charge (s). Others are free to disagree (prime example, OJ as illustrated above, who I definitely think is a murderer). Personally, I didn't follow any of these PSU cases close enough to have an opinion.

No no someone will bring this to Franklin's attention and yes it will piss him off. Mike Francesa has an actual audience. We're playing in such a tough conference with so much to address I don't understand why we're trying to tear down a team that's doing all the right things to win a the highest level.

It is so annoying when 31trap says "we" as if he was a Rutgers fan
He is a PSU cult boy all the way

Reactions: ATIOH

5c594dfe7aaeba296a61de983b465ffe--happy-gilmore-quotes-billy-madison.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT