ADVERTISEMENT

Legendary Mike Francesa rant about Franklin

You are free to believe he is innocent of the charge (s). Others are free to disagree (prime example, OJ as illustrated above, who I definitely think is a murderer). Personally, I didn't follow any of these PSU cases close enough to have an opinion.

i understand what you're saying, but if you have listened to some of the jurors on OJ's trail (several African American women on the ESPN 30 for 30 special), they have zero qualms admitting they were determined to set him free.....mainly due to racial injustices that were occurring with LA police within the black community. That's completely the opposite situation regarding Spanier's jury.......Spanier turned down several plea deals because he strongly felt he was innocent (something to say to that, i suppose) and was (naively) confident a jury would agree with him. even though he was found not guilty on conspiracy charges.....the headlines will always read GUILTY for the child endangerment charges.

but sure....generally speaking, guilty people can be acquitted of crimes, and conversely, innocent people go to jail....happens all the time.

I may disagree with the premise of this thread and disagree with some of the things being written but I do my absolute best to never attack another poster. People can disagree without making things personal and spewing out nonsensical attacks on individuals for having a difference of opinion. This is beneath us as a fan base. I have been a Rutgers fan for over 30 years, and yes I'm also a Penn State fan, so what!! This is not an anomaly, as a matter of fact it's always been the case in NJ. I've been to Beaver stadium several times, once with my daughter who was wearing a Rutgers sweat shirt and never were we harassed, ridiculed, put down or had anything thrown at us, as a matter of fact we were treated with respect. It should be noted that we also conducted ourselves in a respectful manner.

Back to the subject of Franklin icing the Georgia State kicker being a bone of contention for some on this board. Thoroughly beating down the worst football team in college football who were undersized and out manned 65-0 is also a bit over the top.

You really are that stupid, aren't you. Could you please change your SN...Did you watch our game? What did we have in the 2nd half, maybe 1 or 2 pass plays. We had all kinds of backups in and then we have some DB fans saying how we should have tried to score again at the end of the game and that Ash was wrong in showing some class by not scoring again. We could have easily won that game 90-0 if that was what we wanted to do.

On the other hand. I see people making the excuse that poor JF was stuck with his 3's and 4's on the field for the FG and that was why he called TO. Again, do any of you have any idea how football is played. There are NOT just two groups in a football game. Offense and Defense - there is another entirely different group, special teams.
Because JF may have had his 3/4's on the field for D, he should of had his ST's(FG team) set on the sideline ready to go. And if he didn't, then call the TO as soon as you see the opponent line up for the FG not as they are ready to snap.

some of you and mostly you, prove over and over that you are blind and have no idea how the game of football is played.

Guilty is guilty and not guilty is guilty..,,got it. Hope you're never accused of anything

I never said ONLY a misdemeanor....you did

You have become one of the creepy ones with your defense of a football team.... At best your judgement sucks. Please stay away from kids.

You have become one of the creepy ones with your defense of a football team.... At best your judgement sucks. Please stay away from kids.

when did I mention a football team?...lol.

you're terrible at this.

when did I mention a football team?...lol.

you're terrible at this.

... And you remain pretty f*ckin creepy, it's sad that such a serious topic is all about semantics and humor for you. You are repping exactly what the rest of the world thinks about the hard core cultists associated with your win at all costs culture. Please stay away from kids.

Reactions: thegock
So, porktrap, for clarification, when you were seemingly agreeing with TrueRU's sentiment in a thread he started a few days back about "Enough with the Constant Penn State Stuff", your complaint was ONLY about the PSU bashing that occurs on this board, not PSU football talk in general. In fact, there's nothing that you would rather do than convert this board into a lively discussion board focusing on PSU's upcoming games. Much better than discussing RU football, a team that failed to hire a PSU alum (Golden) when they had the chance, and will only win a couple of games at best this year. That is where you are coming from ... correct?

RU31Troll - still awaiting your response on this.

RU31Troll - still awaiting your response on this.
None of what you say about me is true. You're hell bent on trying to demonize me and besmirch my good name just because I'm a Rutgers and Penn State fan. According to you this is not possible and should never be allowed, at least not on this site. Well, who are you to dictate policy to anyone on this site last I looked it was a free board.

Now to answer your questions:
I for one believe that this is a Rutgers site first and foremost. Yes, the number of Nittany Lion, Joe Paterno and Jerry Sandusky threads is pissing off many of the RU faithful, some even stay clear of the free board to avoid this nonsense.

I like Chris Ash as a disciplinarian and a defensive coordinator, but he was not ready for a head coaching position especially at Rutgers. He first major mistake was abandoning the Pro Set and adopting a power spread offense, without a single kid in that locker room understanding this new system. That transcends inexperience and borders on reckless because now we were looking at 3 maybe 4 year rebuild. You see a good honest fan who spends a couple of hundred dollars on each game has every right to criticize bone headed moves like this one, it's the ignorant homer who's unconditional support does more collateral damage to a program than a fan who points out that this may have been a bad hire.

Would Al Golden been a better HC? There is not a single doubt in my mind that Golden would have ran the Pro Set giving the program a good chance to beat Iowa, Indiana, Minnesota and potentially Illinois. A six win season may have gotten us into a bowl game and an even better recruiting class. Al Golden is also an exceptional recruiter with some High School ties in NJ, not some guy from the Midwest who's trying to forge relationships.

Now please ignore my posts. Thank you.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT