ADVERTISEMENT

Let's go METS 2016 thread ......Just get in and anything can happen!

Non-players that need to go:

Terry Collins, Dan Warthen, Kevin Long, The Puppy Dog Jay Horowitz, Ray Ramirez, Steve Gelbs, Tim Teufel and Nelson Figueroa

Among others.

Nice to be surprised when i woke up to see the Mets wake up from their slumber and beat the Cubs. Hope they keep it up tonight.

Awesome win last night. Man that cespy homer was an absolute BOMB. Happy for the rookie Nimmo. Matz pitched well considering bone spurs. Keep it going tonight degrom. Stay alive bats

It's sad knight shift...trollz gonna troll. Butthurt Yankee fans are quite amusing though. There's a lot of sad Yankee fans on that thread I've had to hold myself back lol

noticed something. not a single negative comment from a mets fan in the Yankee trade thread. Yet, this thread is littered with nasty posts from the two regular Yankee fans. If you don't have anything nice to say . . . . . . .
Not talking for Yankee fans. But after years of sufferring, this Mets fan is just trying to enjoy enjoy the ride to worry about other teams.

Great win last night BTW. Hope they keep it up the rest of the weekend.

Bout damn time they scored for him, really that they scored at all lol. Darnauds been taking good at bats & hitnsome pitched hardsince he's been back, wouldn't surprise me to see him go off.

Loneys been such a nice surprise, guy is a professional. Almost would rather have Duda ride the pine ha

I cant figure this team out. Would be easier if they played like this all season... But Nooooooooooo!!!!! lol.

Heres hoping for a sweep tomorrow.

I cant figure this team out. Would be easier if they played like this all season... But Nooooooooooo!!!!! lol.
Actually, tonight's game was IMO a perfect microcosm of how they've played all season:
  • Reliance on the home run for 50% of their runs.
  • Strong likelihood of winning when they hit at least one HR (38-15 when they do, 5-22 when they don't).
  • Abysmal hitting with RISP - 1 for 9 tonight.
  • Solid starting pitching and good setup relief.
  • Shutdown closer in Familia. 28 for 28 speaks for itself.
Sometimes that formula is good enough to win and sometimes it isn't. Tonight it was.

It's sad knight shift...trollz gonna troll. Butthurt Yankee fans are quite amusing though. There's a lot of sad Yankee fans on that thread I've had to hold myself back lol
Its difficult seeing the Yanks becoming irrelevant in the NY sports scene once again. Mets, Islanders, Devils, Nets fans have all been there, but many younger Yankees fans probably were too young to remember the 80s and only got to experience the good days.

Its difficult seeing the Yanks becoming irrelevant in the NY sports scene once again. Mets, Islanders, Devils, Nets fans have all been there, but many younger Yankees fans probably were too young to remember the 80s and only got to experience the good days.
but what I don't get is the childish hatred of the Mets and Mets fans from a small segment of Yankees fans. They have a need to denigrate/diminish any and every accomplishment of the Mets. Maybe I don't pay close enough attention to Jets/Giants or Knicks/Nets, but don't recall seeing this with those teams. Cheer for your team and leave the other team's fans alone. Is it that hard?

Reactions: RUPete and ntlrock1
Well, admittedly, it's partially my fault that these jerk yank fans keep coming back. I egg them on- it's fun to go back and forth at times. but these guys like make it personal which is a bit ridiculous. This is a mets thread after all..

Grandy shouldn't be playing today. His career numbers vs Lester are his only saving grace. Otherwise he's terrible against lefties, he's a bit banged up, and the rookie is absolutely on fire. Bit of a head scratcher terry.....

Could sense a change in the tide when Cespedes went third deck, but admittedly stunned with a +1 the past 3 days (Reds v. Cubs).

Last edited:
Flores should have been eating dirt after the second HR. GD pussy millennial ballplayers. You think he would have been so comfy in the box if Rob Dibble was on the mound? Go and google Dibble tuefel 1989 and see what should happen to a journeyman infielder when he gets a little too comfy in the box. No way Flores goes 6 for 6. That's ridiculous. I hate these pussy millennial ballplayers.

Did you bet on the game today, yikes!

No i just hate what pussy millennials have done to the game. I root for neither team but I'm watching this game and i'm asking myself when is someone on the Mets gonna hit the dirt. Anyone older than 45 knows what I'm talking about

Funny how 4 days ago the Mets were in serious trouble with the schedule they had coming up. And then sweep the Cubs.

Last edited:
Reactions: ntlrock1
Flores should have been eating dirt after the second HR. GD pussy millennial ballplayers. You think he would have been so comfy in the box if Rob Dibble was on the mound? Go and google Dibble tuefel 1989 and see what should happen to a journeyman infielder when he gets a little too comfy in the box. No way Flores goes 6 for 6. That's ridiculous. I hate these pussy millennial ballplayers.
Yes, the game has changed in that sense. For the better.

That said, the conclusions of the two blowout games were unusually gentlemanly. On Friday when the Cubs were down big, Maddon let his pitcher bat in the ninth inning rather than pinch hit for him. It was like a concession. Today, when the Cubs put a position player on the mound, the Mets returned the favor by having Jacob deGrom (batting .045) pinch hit. And they went into strict station-to-station mode, twice holding runners at third on hits where they would normally score.

I know that baseball has it unwritten rules, but I did not think they extended that far.

but what I don't get is the childish hatred of the Mets and Mets fans from a small segment of Yankees fans. They have a need to denigrate/diminish any and every accomplishment of the Mets. Maybe I don't pay close enough attention to Jets/Giants or Knicks/Nets, but don't recall seeing this with those teams. Cheer for your team and leave the other team's fans alone. Is it that hard?
Well there's a reason why Yankees fans are universally hated, like how Cowboys fans are.

Reactions: tico brown
So the Mets need to get hit because Lester was horsespit today? Really.

Yeah, given 4-0 last year in the playoffs, 4-0 in this series with a journeyman infielder hitting 2 HRs and going 5 for 5 (or was it 6 for 6 ?) someone on the Mets needed to hit the dirt and if this were 1986 someone would have.But this is Millennial MLB baseball 2016. Beer league softball leagues have more edge than today's MLB. Guys like Pete Rose, Ray Knight and David Cone must be shaking their head

Last edited:
Yeah, given 4-0 last year in the playoffs, 4-0 in this series with a journeyman infielder hitting 2 HRs and going 5 for 5 (or was it 6 for 6 ?) someone on the Mets needed to hit the dirt and if this were 1986 someone would have.But this is Millennial MLB baseball 2016. Beer league softball leagues have more edge than today's MLB. Guys like Pete Rose, Ray Knight and David Cone must be shaking their head
Sorry, don't agree. There are times a message needs to be sent. This isn't one of them. Every journeyman at some point has a career day. Yesterday was Flores'. Unless he was showboating, doesn't warrant getting hit.

Reactions: cubuffsdoug
Sorry, don't agree. There are times a message needs to be sent. This isn't one of them. Every journeyman at some point has a career day. Yesterday was Flores'. Unless he was showboating, doesn't warrant getting hit.
Flores wasn't showboating at all. I find it amazing that some people here want a guy to be an *ss just to send a message like it's old school baseball. Then again, these are the same people calling for someone head to roll when another player is an *ss against their favorite player. Can't have it both ways.

Harvey is a dumpster fire. Gets pounded all day before throwing away a tailor-made double-play ball that would've gotten him out of a jam. His head is not right.

So youre basically saying : Lets hit players on thw other team because thet took advantage that we had a bad weekend?

Ok... whatever

Anyway, great comeback by Los Mets!!! Bullpen shut down the Fish and they never gave up. Im really hoping that they turned the corner. Esp since theyre now 4.5 behind the Nats and still in the Wildcard.

Lets Go Mets

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT