ADVERTISEMENT

Let's go METS 2016 thread ......Just get in and anything can happen!

It's like talking to a rock with these maroons. You give them concrete evidence and they still have the blue and white tinted glasses on. Pathetic
Let me help you out. Tanaka is having a better 2016 as per the stats. And for you personally, comparing NL ERA and AL ERA as apples to apples is the single most ignorant thing a baseball fan can do. So congrats!

Yeah. Ummm...except that no, he isn't. instead of talking out of your ass with your pinstripe glasses on you- can just look up the stats!! As matter of fact, their stats are eerily similar. Degrom has 3 less starts than tanaka, yet has the same amount of strikeouts as him. the only other major stat that's different is ERA, and degroms is lower, therefore he gives up less runs, therefore he is better. Just like for his entire career. This isn't rocket science.

One designated hitter doesn't make THAT much of a difference, especially in this era of pitching dominance. Therefore, comparing AL to NL is perfectly fine.

The most ignorant thing a baseball fan can do is to quote wins as the be all end all determining stat for starting pitchers. See: run support. See: Felix Hernandez cy young with 11 wins. You buttheads still don't understand this....

You will grasp at ANY kind of straw you can conjure up in that brain of yours to make sure you can let everyone know how much better the Yankees are than the mets. Even if the proof is in the pudding that it's just not so. Guess what: you don't have me fooled twinkle toes, or anyone else with half a brain. Even the Yankees fans on the other thread admit the Yankees ain't s**t this year and it's a lost season, Cashman just admitted so by trading your best player- yet you, proud Nj sports fan, and kbee are seemingly on Mars with your rhetoric. Jesus H tapdancing...

I'm going to continue since it's just oh so fun to prove how full of crap you really are. For tanakas career, he's NEVER had 150+ strikeouts. Hes NEVER pitched a full season (30+ starts). He's NEVER won rookie of the year like degrom has and he has NEVER garnered votes for cy young. His elbow is made of glass so he can't make it thru an entire season. They both have 1 all star appearance.

Degrom just last season had 205 ks, a FULL seasons worth of 30 starts, placed 7th in cy young voting, he throws harder, and is just a more dominant pitcher. You just cannot say a guy that misses a 1/3 of the season every year is better. Well I guess you can, if you're you. There is no disputing this matter, either statistically or empirically. Again I guess there is disputing that, if you're you....

Can't go by wins and losses. How many more wins would King Felix have if the mariners could hit the last 5 years? Good example is Felix won a game this year when the Mariners had one hit.

Last edited:
Thank you^^. And he STILL won the cy young in 2010 with a 13-12 record...win-loss record must be taken with a grain of salt. There are other MORE meaningful pitchers stats.

Let me help you out. Tanaka is having a better 2016 as per the stats. And for you personally, comparing NL ERA and AL ERA as apples to apples is the single most ignorant thing a baseball fan can do. So congrats!

Tanaka doesn't pitch in the only league that doesn't have a DH. He doesn't get to face pitchers . He has to face designated hitters. NL ERA vs. AL ERA comparisons are therefore kinda dumb.
But then that never stopped a mets fan before....so....

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Tanaka doesn't pitch in the only league that doesn't have a DH. He doesn't get to face pitchers . He has to face designated hitters. NL ERA vs. AL ERA comparisons are therefore kinda dumb.
But then that never stopped a mets fan before....so....

Yeah. Cause tanaka has to face DHs as tough as Arod....hey listen, I literally touched on the NL/AL point already. Did you go to Rutgers? Are you illiterate? You must've missed medicine time old timer. There is no way shape or form tanaka is better than degrom. Can you just deal with that? Are you going to be okay that a met is better than a Yankee? Try not to drown in your tears...

Last edited:
You're definitely wasting your time with this guy. Who but a mamaluke would consistently maintain that his team is so much superior to the Yanks, when they've played about 100 games already and the juggernaut from Queens has all of two more wins than that awful Yankees team with the horrible roster and no quality starting pitching ?
Ya gotta believe.
:chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot:

Wait...that's only ONE more win than the Yankees.

I think any level-headed Mets fan can say it has been a frustrating season through 97 games so far. The situational hitting and long term injuries to several key players along with nagging injuries to others have held them back this year. Through it all, they are 6 games ahead of their pace from last year. If they eventually progress to even the mean in terms of hitting with RISP, it will help immensely. The law of averages says at least some improvement should be expected.

Reactions: ntlrock1
I think any level-headed Mets fan can say it has been a frustrating season through 97 games so far. The situational hitting and long term injuries to several key players along with nagging injuries to others have held them back this year. Through it all, they are 6 games ahead of their pace from last year. If they eventually progress to even the mean in terms of hitting with RISP, it will help immensely. The law of averages says at least some improvement should be expected.
WINNER. And hope your last sentence is correct.

Reactions: ntlrock1
If they eventually progress to even the mean in terms of hitting with RISP, it will help immensely. The law of averages says at least some improvement should be expected.
Well, I dunno. I've been saying that about the Yankees since April.
Maybe....maybe not.

Wait...that's only ONE more win than the Yankees.

Ya gotta believe...that you're a dope lol. You realize they count losses too? the Yankees have 3 more losses. Yankees are definitely on fire right now, such are the ebbs and flows of baseball. They won't stay this good and the chances of them making the playoffs are minute, much much less than the Mets. unless you think they're going to win every one of the remaining 60 or so games on the schedule, which I wouldn't put past you.

It's not even about Yankees vs Mets. I'm just so incredibly tired of the typical a hole homer Yankee fan who beats their chest and doesn't know fact from fiction. Which describes you to a T

Well put sir. Nailed it. The issue with this year vs this year is there will be no addition of a Cespedes or someone like him who provides a spark quite like he did. It's all about the RISP thing- if they can improve on that then they will be just fine. Even without Harvey the pitching is wayyy above average. And the bullpen has been pretty damn good for the most part. We shall see what happens LGM!

Ya gotta believe...that you're a dope lol. You realize they count losses too? the Yankees have 3 more losses. Yankees are definitely on fire right now, such are the ebbs and flows of baseball. They won't stay this good and the chances of them making the playoffs are minute, much much less than the Mets. unless you think they're going to win every one of the remaining 60 or so games on the schedule, which I wouldn't put past you.

It's not even about Yankees vs Mets. I'm just so incredibly tired of the typical a hole homer Yankee fan who beats their chest and doesn't know fact from fiction. Which describes you to a T

Yawn. That's all you got ?
I've been dealing with bullcrap from mets fans for more than 50 years and I gotta say that your stuff is some of the weakest. It' s still humorous though...so don't stop.
And whether it's one more win or three more losses you wish to focus on, the point is that after just about 100 games in the season the mets and yankees have virtually the same record. The fact that you think one of these teams has a great chance to go far and the other is bound to fail is obviously solely a product of your love for your metsies and your jealousy towards the 27 time World Champion Yankees.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
I never ever said the mets have a chance to go far. Far back in the thread I said "the mets chances of winning the World Series are greatly diminished bc of injury to key player" but you can live in la la land all you want. Some of the weakest eh? All of the nonsensical bullcrap you guys have come up with to put down me and my team I have backed up with fact. But keep going on with YOUR weak a hole homer Yankee malaka narrative. Loser

Oh wow. It's not a good time for a slumping closer.
TBH I don't know if Familia is slumping, more so than the law of averages is catching up to him. His WHIP of 1.36 is unimpressive to say the least. That input is incongruous with an output of 36 saves in 36 opportunities. He has managed to escape more jams than he had a right to, and had some good fortune along the way. Today his luck was all bad. It evens out.

No Cespedes, no run support. Surprise, surprise.
When Cespedes returns, Collins should bat him in the 3, 6 and 8 spot in the lineup. Nobody else seems to be hitting. Perhaps Walker is heating up from his ice cold slump.

Just stopping by to make fun of the Mets, or as many posters declared a few months ago, the WS favorites with the greatest pitching staff in MLB history. I see the Mets are now exactly 1 game better that those awful Yanks. 1 game.

Just stopping by to make fun of the Mets, or as many posters declared a few months ago, the WS favorites with the greatest pitching staff in MLB history. I see the Mets are now exactly 1 game better that those awful Yanks. 1 game.

Yeah....and the Mets fans are looking around for players to acquire for their "stretch run" while the Yankees fans are trying to figure out who they'll dump for prospects for the future. Strange.

Yeah....and the Mets fans are looking around for players to acquire for their "stretch run" while the Yankees fans are trying to figure out who they'll dump for prospects for the future. Strange.
Different standards! :)

You are a funny guy, do we get lousy Nova? 4 straight games so I guess we will. Tampa Bay two straight wins.

Last edited:
Yuge win. I'd love for them to end the Yankees miserable season starting tomorrow. Who plays for Cabrera is right. Another friggin injury...

It's funny to see the Mets new benchmark for success is the Yanks rebuilding season. Awesome trades by the Yanks, that's the story of the week. Hopefully more trades coming soon!

Funny seeing Tampa winning three games. Wish A-Rod could play the next two games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT