ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball LIVE GAME THREAD: Rutgers vs. Drexel

And this isn’t miserable basketball anymore, yes we struggle on offense but we flare finding ways to win. That’s huge

Having to find a way to win against Bryant and Drexel does not bode well for facing Michigan State and Purdue.

Win is a win .... and 3-0 ... very early ... team will gel.

Glad to see RU stop shooting the 3 and going to the rim!!!!

Best record they could be is 3-0 ... so walk off the ledge.

And this isn’t miserable basketball anymore, yes we struggle on offense but we flare finding ways to win. That’s huge

Having to find a way to win against Bryant and Drexel does not bode well for facing Michigan State and Purdue.

Actually as I said I think these nail biter ground em out wins are much better than blowing out these teams and getting too cocky.

Much more beneficial in the long run to prepare for Big Ten play. Just my opinion

Not pretty but it’s a win. Team has a ton of work to do, Good teams are consistent. We are so far away from that.

For those at the game or watching on BTN+, what was the final score? Radio announcers said 62-57, but ESPN Gamecast is showing 64-58...
EJTaM-hWwAAWsX3.jpg

Reactions: RUChoppin
Here are some interesting stats:

Drexel shot 32% from the field, but their 3pt shooting was at 33%. You don't see that too often. We should expect volume shooting from teams like Drexel, Bryant, etc.

Rutgers was 20 of 25 from the line (80%). That's the second game in a row they shoot well from the line.

Rutgers shot 37% from the field and only 27% from 3. Way too many 3 (6-22) when you were off from the start.

I believe we have the talent. Unfortunately we seem to play down to our competition. Pikiell that needs to end. We were favored by 16 in this game. We need to put teams like this away. And now. We can't afford to play down to the cupcakes idmf we expect to compete with the tournament teams.

Reactions: cubuffsdoug
Pro players can focus much better. College kids are emotional and you never know what you're going to get from game to game. That's why I try to isolate each game as its own season.

Reactions: RutgHoops
Pro players can focus much better. College kids are emotional and you never know what you're going to get from game to game. That's why I try to isolate each game as its own season.

I do think playing a bunch of nobodies affects the psyche of the team.

It's game 3 with 3 new players in the rotation. I'm not thrilled with the play so far, but I'm guessing the team will get better. I recall the same types of posts last year around this time.
and we went on to finish below .500 again for the 13th straight season. So not really seeing your point.

Reactions: zazoo2002 and kcg88
This means nothing. Last year we were losing these games and still won 7 Big Ten games. Young team finding its way.

We will be just fine.

Losing these games? We beat Drexel by 29. If we keep playing close games we're gonna lose a few. That's how variance works.

Reactions: koleszar
Interesting that we've played three games and had a different leader scorer in each game. Mathis, Baker, and now Harper. Who gets the honors on Saturday?

On a side note ... UMD women only beat JMU 80-78 ... and they lost to SC ... does this mean they suck? Is that sky falling? No? Point is RU is 3-0. Each game is a different animal.

I think Pikiell is clearly playing the long game here. If he wanted to blow teams out, he'd shorten the rotation already. I'm okay with his development approach. Let's just hope he doesn't dance too cllose to the edge
Didn't Pike do the same thing last year before he shorten the rotation by the time Rutgers got into the heart of B1G play?

We have two wings coming in next year. Hopefully both can shoot. We need another big man who can score more than 5 points. We aren't there yet. Judging by our recruiting non victories we may not ever quite get beyond competitive . Sorry. I am calling it as I see it.

Reactions: kcg88
Win is a win .... and 3-0 ... very early ... team will gel.

Glad to see RU stop shooting the 3 and going to the rim!!!!

Best record they could be is 3-0 ... so walk off the ledge.
Do u mean walk off the ledge
Or back off the ledge?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT