ADVERTISEMENT

Mich St. Candidates - Could Be Some Overlap

SCILS02

Junior
Jul 18, 2012
With Dantonio likely being pushed out because of the ongoing legal situation after the year, the top candidates are expected to be Campbell (who should be RU's top choice and has been #1 my list), Fickell and Narduzzi. Could overlap with our process. We'll see.

And NO Moorhead won't be on their radar because MSU knows he's an awful head coach having an awful year.

I have heard Campbell mentioned as the second best college option for NFL teams after Riley, so I would be surprised if even Mich State can pull him in.

I could see Fickle going there. He isn’t coming here and he’s a Midwest B1G guy at heart

Reactions: Wolv RU
Fickell Candle Grinch are names I’ve seen tied with MSU should it open up. Narduzzi would make sense too.

Reactions: SCILS02
I could see Fickle going there. He isn’t coming here and he’s a Midwest B1G guy at heart
The other thing about Fickell is that he knows the OSU job isn't opening up anytime soon so he needs to take a good job while he has the opportunity.

With Dantonio likely being pushed out because of the ongoing legal situation after the year, the top candidates are expected to be Campbell (who should be RU's top choice and has been #1 my list), Fickell and Narduzzi. Could overlap with our process. We'll see.

And NO Moorhead won't be on their radar because MSU knows he's an awful head coach having an awful year.
They are hot on Moorhead. Mark it down. Hondo Carpenter said so.

This will be unpopular but the Mich St job >>> the RU job
Mostly true but not for everyone. At MSU you have to recruit directly against UM and OSU more intensely than anywhere else. You are solely measured against UM and nothing else.It's mostly a no win situation. It's why Saban left. Facilities are good but not great. People from MI know this.

Michigan State will come up with more money for a legit head coach and staff than Rutgers
Potentially 4 million max for coach and 5 million for staff is actually top 5 conference big boy money if it’s legit. That alone would for MSU to over pay. I don’t think Coach Mark is going anywhere. Not this year at least imo.

Reactions: vkj91
Potentially 4 million max for coach and 5 million for staff is actually top 5 conference big boy money if it’s legit. That alone would for MSU to over pay. I don’t think Coach Mark is going anywhere. Not this year at least imo.
was rumors before the season started that this was his last year. that is the reason he did not fire any staff on offense. All the offensive staff are on last year of contract. Next year msu is expected to take a big step back. they lose everybody on defense. on offense they lose the qb and the backups are not good. they also lose best wr who has as many yards has the rest of the wr combined.

This will be unpopular but the Mich St job >>> the RU job

I disagree with the three greater than signs. It's more like Michigan State job > RU job. Since the Big East football conference was formed (1991) and not including Dantonio and the four years of Saban, Michigan State's record is 58-71 for a .450 winning percentage. With Saban, Michigan State is 92-95-1 (between 1991 and Dantonio being hired, whereas between 1991 and Ash, RU is 132-163-1 .448). Did you know that Mark Dantonio is the first coach to lead Michigan State to four consecutive bowl games? (He led them to nine consecutive bowl games, missed 2016, and have gotten them to a bowl the past two seasons.) He is the only Michigan State coach win win the B1G three times?

I'll make the unpopular post of the thread. If Dantonio is forced out be Michigan State, RU should put him on the RU list near the top. He would clearly be the best unemployed coach out there. And yeah, I know how the Star Ledger would respond.

was rumors before the season started that this was his last year. that is the reason he did not fire any staff on offense. All the offensive staff are on last year of contract. Next year msu is expected to take a big step back. they lose everybody on defense. on offense they lose the qb and the backups are not good. they also lose best wr who has as many yards has the rest of the wr combined.
It's more about the legal situation than the offense or on field performance. If they don't fire him he'll likely "step down" or "retire."

Mostly true but not for everyone. At MSU you have to recruit directly against UM and OSU more intensely than anywhere else. You are solely measured against UM and nothing else.It's mostly a no win situation. It's why Saban left. Facilities are good but not great. People from MI know this.

MSU- Michigan's Second (Choice) University. BTW, I did not make this up. (I have cousins who went to the school in Ann Arbor.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT