ADVERTISEMENT

Minutes Played

BillyC80

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Pike played 9 guys between 13 and 29 minutes.

Princeton played their 5 main guys 39, 37, 36, 29, and 28 minutes.

To me this seems obvious that Pike is still tinkering with the lineup, while Princeton is set.

Also got the impression Pike was willing to sacrifice this game to send a message to some of our guys.

Explains why we looked in preseason form while Princeton looked in mid-season form.

Pike will figure it out, plus we’ll have Mag back eventually.

Not so sure I buy the narrative that Pike sacrificed this game. Sure, does benching GG and Hyatt for much of the 2nd half send a message? Yes. But they both played horribly. If we had a set of starters we trusted 1-5, they would’ve played big minutes in a pivotal opener like this. But alas, this roster has holes — and a bunch of guys who don’t necessarily compliment one another so Pike is forced to tinker to unlock the best lineup on any given night

Reactions: BillyC80
My fear is that he actually played the lineup in the 2nd half that he thought gave him the best chance to win.
He really missed Mag in this game. Oskar did the best he could but should not be playing 23 minutes.

Not so sure I buy the narrative that Pike sacrificed this game. Sure, does benching GG and Hyatt for much of the 2nd half send a message? Yes. But they both played horribly. If we had a set of starters we trusted 1-5, they would’ve played big minutes in a pivotal opener like this. But alas, this roster has holes — and a bunch of guys who don’t necessarily compliment one another so Pike is forced to tinker to unlock the best lineup on any given night
I think he could have played Woolf more than 19 minutes and Cliff more than 27 minutes, considering Princeton’s top 3 guys played almost the whole game (Alloco at 39 minutes).

On the flip side he probably gave JMike (29) and Austin (27) too many minutes because he liked their defensive effort and wanted to send a message to other guys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT