ADVERTISEMENT

Mississippi State

The venue is very good and it’s close to tens of thousands of RU alums and students on break.

It’s the timing that’s crappy. Right before Christmas people are busy. But I think last minute sales will come in. People probably didn’t want to commit in advance for something at such a busy time.

Regardless of the venue (Pru not the most exciting) it’s generally not a bad thing to have a few games staggered in different parts of the state especially when they count as neutral games for us.

Reactions: DirtyRU
Whole bunch of awful excuses in this thread.

It isn’t on Christmas. It isn’t on Christmas Eve not even the day after Christmas nor is it on a weekday with work obligations.

As for location it is within a safe walking distance from a train station that has trains directly from Middlesex County, the shore line and raritan areas. It is on the path for alum in Hoboken and JC and less driving for those in North Jersey than a game at the RAC.

Whole bunch of awful excuses in this thread.

It isn’t on Christmas. It isn’t on Christmas Eve not even the day after Christmas nor is it on a weekday with work obligations.

As for location it is within a safe walking distance from a train station that has trains directly from Middlesex County, the shore line and raritan areas. It is on the path for alum in Hoboken and JC and less driving for those in North Jersey than a game at the RAC.
I agree…it’s a noon game will last 2hrs and easy in/out of Pru. It’s actually ideal to breakup the weekend

I don't think it's been advertised very well... Don't recall any emails from RU about it since the summer. Maybe they aren't allowed to to keep it "neutral"?

I don't think it's been advertised very well... Don't recall any emails from RU about it since the summer. Maybe they aren't allowed to to keep it "neutral"?

I agree. Hasn’t been marketed well at all. Even if they aren’t allowed to promote directly, there are ways. I’ll never understand why the Town Rec departments aren’t engaged. Bergen County towns pack their high school games (basketball and football) when everthe Rec Department calls upon the families to support the teams with free tix giveaways. I understand this wouldn’t be free but still. If there were shout out blasts promoting an event for Rutgers at the Prudential center it would make a difference. Families would buy these tickets and take their kids. They aren’t expensive. Unless your a following RU fan you don’t even know about the game for sure.

People won't travel to Newark a couple days before Christmas but everyone wants us to go play a tournament in Florida or the Bahamas the week of Thanksgiving. Make it make sense.
i want them to play in those tournaments to get cple games in vs REAL teams so will be taken seriously, just like the other big ten teams are doing. our schedule gets rightfully laughed at year after year. wanting the team to play teams below KP 100 has nothing to do with fans traveling down or not

Yup. We’re going. It was the only game we could commit to with the boys travel basketball schedule. We’re not allowed to plan anything outside of holiday weeks during the season. Honestly - that’s who this game will probably draw the most. RU fans or not. Families in north state not too far who have basketball kids that stuck around for the holidays. Most towns don’t require the travel kids to keep their schedules open over the holiday. Knick tickets are so expensive. So this is just a good alternative opportunity to take your kids to a hoops event. Otherwise - I don’t see what the draw would be right before Christmas.
The modern parent held captive…lol.
Not pointing you out PSAL, I did the same for travel softball with my daughter.😊
Somehow the old timers put a basketball in their bicycle basket or baseball glove around their handlebars and played for 8 straight hours without a parent in sight.

Last edited:
Right now we’re attending. Thinking Krugs post game for burgers. Rated top burger in NJ. Anyone been there?

• Wow
Reactions: Scangg
Typical Rutgers fan. Everything must perfect for you to support it

Sheldon Cooper Reaction GIF by CBS
Nbc Complaining GIF by Sunnyside

No, only certain people who by the way are the ones who advocated for these games and probably won't even show up. Personally, I go to virtually all games at the Rac traveling 2 to 3 hours each way but won't go Saturday due to family obligations and I'm glad I can't make it. Venue and location suck.
What is wrong with Pru Center? It’s great for hockey.

Well I wouldn't be using Eagles fans as models of appropriate behavior
Every other game will be well attended that weekend unless crappy weather.

The 12/23 excuse is pretty weak.
Especially since it’s a Noon game, fans can get home in the afternoon to prepare for Christmas Eve, or even do last minute shopping.

Mental midgets like Toby are excuse makers

It's almost like our fanbase isn't as big as the Eagles. You still coming Proud?

i want them to play in those tournaments to get cple games in vs REAL teams so will be taken seriously, just like the other big ten teams are doing. our schedule gets rightfully laughed at year after year. wanting the team to play teams below KP 100 has nothing to do with fans traveling down or not
You want neutral site games against power conference opponents. That's exactly what this game is.

You want neutral site games against power conference opponents. That's exactly what this game is.
Yes, agree

I was just responding to your comment implying people won't go to this game because of holiday, but those same people want tournament games vs real schools. Attending vs wanting the early season tournaments different things.

Just grabbed tix off TickPick, to find out I have M lounge Access. As a Devils season ticket holder I have no idea what that it...

Going to do the double dip with the Devils later that night

People won't travel to Newark a couple days before Christmas but everyone wants us to go play a tournament in Florida or the Bahamas the week of Thanksgiving. Make it make sense.
I thought the same exact thing, people are complaining about our OOC schedule and not playing in tournaments around Thanksgiving, but complain a Sat noon game in NJ is too inconvenient

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT