ADVERTISEMENT

My vow after Nebraska win tonight

RUSCFORMERLYRULOU

All Conference
Gold Member
Nov 12, 2017
We are going to still look awful at times and I’m not going to overreact to that any more. But I’ve seem enough to know that there is good young talent and that we can make a real move next year with Mulcahy, Young and maybe a grad transfer. For right now, I’m just going to enjoy the ride.

We are going to still look awful at times and I’m not going to overreact to that any more. But I’ve seem enough to know that there is good young talent and that we can make a real move next year with Mulcahy, Young and maybe a grad transfer. For right now, I’m just going to enjoy the ride.

Agree completely, it is called "being a fan"

We just got to 2-6 in the conference but I’m feeling good and satisfied with my investment in season tickets for the first time this year.

We’re gonna take our lumps and have some wtf games and spurts but we have a lot of young/hungry/fearless talent and I’m riding with Pikiell.

There are times you can "hear" how well Pike coaches.. it is in the astonishment in the commentators voices.

examples.. something like.. "they took that 1-3-1 apart".. "they are dictating in the paint vs one of the top defenses in the country".. "they are very young"

And the RAC fans get their credit also.. "no one wants to come into the RAC'

Last edited:
We were able to beat Nebraska as we had an answer for Robi with our bigs. Palmer and Copeland are really good but an opposing team finally missed some key shots and free throws. Myles Johnson was a beast tonight.

Reactions: zebnatto
We were able to beat Nebraska as we had an answer for Robi with our bigs. Palmer and Copeland are really good but an opposing team finally missed some key shots and free throws. Myles Johnson was a beast tonight.

the FT misses hurt them badly.

Reactions: bowlgoal
Good there you go. One can easily see there is talent here, in that it's young, but when these kids click it's a beautiful thing to see.

Reactions: RUHouston
dont be hard on yourself, we are fans, we all get frustrated with bad losses and go sky high after good wins...and we are all still here after 28 years of not making a NCAA tournament

Reactions: RUJMM78 and Tararua
dont be hard on yourself, we are fans, we all get frustrated with bad losses and go sky high after good wins...and we are all still here after 28 years of not making a NCAA tournament

Frustrated, yes.
But no need to write off Pike this early in the “build” as many had done after Friday.

Last edited:
Reactions: KevH
Wasn't it Earl Weaver who said You are never as good as you look when you're winning and never as bad as you look when you're losing? Realize way too many of you have no idea who Earl Weaver was, but I'm old, and remember him well.
TL
Actually, I think these boards tend to skew towards middle age and old, so plenty probably know who he is. Who knows? Zappaa may have even had Earl Weaver kick dirt on him. [roll]

I think a lot of the frustration and impatience is due to residual frustration from the football season.

We know that progression in basketball isn't linear, and there will be some ups and lots of downs this year. We can't be calling for Pike to be kicked to the curb after every loss. By the same token, we should be careful about handing out extensions after the high of a win.

For me, this year is about enjoying the ride.

bac- concise statement of being a long suffering Rutgers fan.Every win is precious and winning a road game against Penn State would be very meaningful at this stage of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT