ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA TOURNEY SECOND ROUND DISCUSSION THREAD

Hey Russ for us northerners what exactly is this in reference to? This inquiring mind would like to know.
Generally speaking, people down here don't think Hamilton is much of an in-game coach.

They point out several instances where FSU was more athletic, had more length & talent than opponents...like Xavier...yet still lose

Reactions: bac2therac
Leonard Hamilton is the coach at FSU. I guess his teams aren't 'road warriors'.
That's part of it. See my other post for the rest. Plus that arena was 90 percent FSU fans when the game started. Tallahassee is less than 5 hours away from Tallahassee

Reactions: JMD77
Michigan State hanging tough coming back everytime that Kansas goes on a run. What a great job by Izzo. MSU will be the faves to win the league if Swanigan does not come back

Sick of the NCAA manipulation with seeds. Wichita State gave Kentucky all they could handle. Two teams NCAA hates and makes them play each other. Feel for Illinois State as we're deserving and don't give me the play stronger teams out of conference when nobody will come to your home or like Monmouth last year when you do play those teams it still doesn't matter.

Sick of the NCAA manipulation with seeds. Wichita State gave Kentucky all they could handle. Two teams NCAA hates and makes them play each other. Feel for Illinois State as we're deserving and don't give me the play stronger teams out of conference when nobody will come to your home or like Monmouth last year when you do play those teams it still doesn't matter.

sorry no one is crying for Illinois State...instead USC got in. Illinois State lost to 3 bad teams and were whipped by Wichita in the last two meetings, not even close. You do not make the tourney just because you beat Wichita State and no one else

sorry no one is crying for Illinois State...instead USC got in. Illinois State lost to 3 bad teams and were whipped by Wichita in the last two meetings, not even close. You do not make the tourney just because you beat Wichita State and no one else

I watched Illinois State play 2-3 times this year and they didn't look good in any of the games...the last being the MVC Championship, where I thought they looked terrible. They would be a bottom half team in the B1G.

Even though they did beat Wichita State in one of their three games, WSU is a much better team.

say if everyone comes back everywhere

1. Purdue
2. Michigan State
3. Minnesota
4. Maryland
5. Michigan
6. Northwestern
7. Iowa
8. Indiana
9. Wisconsin
10. Penn State'
11. Illinois
12. Ohio State
13. Rutgers
14. Nebraska

Nebraska has 3 top 75 transfers eligible next year plus they only lose the ball hogging over rated Webster and have a top 100 signee coming in.They won't be 14th. Not saying they win the conference but they wont be last. The ONLY reason Miles is back is because of the roster for next season. He doesn't win an NCAA game or has a terrible start to conference play and he is gone mid year. He did nor receive an extension this year and won't until thee AD see's how the season starts. Plus I don't think we play the #1 OOC schedule again to get beat up before conference, A lot of people want to see them do just poorly enough that it is obvious it is the coach so he can be fired.

The Wichita State Kentucky game was a Sweet 16 or Elite 8 type game as was Michigan Louisville and Villanova Wisconsin. Makes it a good weekend of games, but really screws these programs that had great seasons.

That was regular season officiating you'd expect in the Dean Dome, not in the NCAA Tournament. Arkansas could have still played better down the stretch, but the refs did them no favors to say the least.

Arkansas got jobbed at the end. No doubt about it. Either the NC guy blocked the shot and should have been Arkansas ball on the out of bounds or he didn't and the Arkansas shooter got fouled. Then, the North Carolina player either charged, or if not, traveled. Either way basket disallowed and ball to Arkansas.
This was played in South Carolina.. close enough...home-town cooking?

Last edited:
Reactions: LC-88
Not sure if it's the loss of their big man, URI's defense or a combo but Oregon looks horrible.

URI getting screwed by refs too. 27 to 8 FTA. Yeah right.

Last edited:
Hurley shouldn't have used his last timeout when he did. That charge was an awful call, but URI could have held on if they didn't give up so many offensive rebounds late.

Oregon wins it with the money shot and URI had two chances to tie but couldnt do it. Oregon not the same missing their player so I dont know how they will do against Michigan.

So I think Danny has proved he is legit not only in coaching but also in recruiting. He made the right choice in staying with his group of seniors. I think he will stay and wait to see for the better job opportunities to open next season

CBS can't afford to have all the top seeds lose I guess. Ratings will go down.

Seems like there are a lot of Hurley fans around here. Not sure why? A jersey thing? Don't remember that family helping Rutgers. Do remember Rutgers getting stringed around a few times. I am not sorry to see Oregon win this one.

Oregon wins it with the money shot and URI had two chances to tie but couldnt do it. Oregon not the same missing their player so I dont know how they will do against Michigan.

So I think Danny has proved he is legit not only in coaching but also in recruiting. He made the right choice in staying with his group of seniors. I think he will stay and wait to see for the better job opportunities to open next season

I like Michigan's chances vs. Oregon.

Seems like there are a lot of Hurley fans around here. Not sure why? A jersey thing? Don't remember that family helping Rutgers. Do remember Rutgers getting stringed around a few times. I am not sorry to see Oregon win this one.

Danny coached here. He's a good coach. He left us at the altar last year. We owe him gratitude for even considering us

PAC 12 grossly underrated and East coast bias. USC giving Baylor fits and they were in the play in game.(So much again with the weak bubble talk). Oregon and Arizona already in. Guessing UCLA.Throw in decent Utah, Cal and Colorado teams. Ratings systems gotta be questioned. Giving St. Mary's crappy seed? Rigged system.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT