ADVERTISEMENT

New Mexico State Basketball Update

Knightmoves

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
Last edited:
Reactions: ScooterSports
What is wrong with the school to not respond to complaints.

The activities are bad in and of themselves, but then to allow them to continue...

Unreal. And I suspect more common at boarding schools etc than we suspect...

Last edited:
Reactions: MiloTalon13
Incredibly awful situation at NMSU. New Coach has a helluva crater to pull the program out of.

I spoke to Odunewu's HS coach in March. I was completely unaware that Odunewu was an alleged victim in all of this.

Teammates, coaches, AD, everyone let these two kids down
How the f could anyone watch a teammate do that stuff to another teammate and not step in?

Reactions: Russ Wood
Or have a strict no hazing policy.
Imo, NMSU has a pretty straight forward no hazing policy.

The policy states that the prevention of hazing is the responsibility of every member of the university community.

The policy states students, staff, organizations (organizations = intercollegiate or intramural athletic team; chartered student organization; or other association, order, society, corps, cooperative, club, department, unit, division or similar group that is officially or unofficially affiliated with the university) and departments must report incidents believed to be associated with hazing.
What is wrong with the school to not respond to complaints.
From what I can tell, NMSU took action when the incidents were reported to them.

Imo, NMSU has a pretty straight forward no hazing policy.

The policy states that the prevention of hazing is the responsibility of every member of the university community.

The policy states students, staff, organizations (organizations = intercollegiate or intramural athletic team; chartered student organization; or other association, order, society, corps, cooperative, club, department, unit, division or similar group that is officially or unofficially affiliated with the university) and departments must report incidents believed to be associated with hazing.

From what I can tell, NMSU took action when the incidents were reported to them.
I hope that last part is correct. Still I would say that formally the coaches are representing the school in these instances...

Reactions: MiloTalon13
I hope that last part is correct. Still I would say that formally the coaches are representing the school in these instances...
I cannot believe that the coaches didn't act to stop the behavior, report this to the AD & request that the players be suspended or dismissed from the team.

Especially the staffer who was an alumnus of the school. How this didn't trigger a "Oh HELL NO. You're not doing this sh1t in my program, at my school" response from that guy is amazing to me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT