ADVERTISEMENT

NJ behind the R at midcourt

ScarletDave

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2010
Looks like from some tweets that the new court will have a big red NJ state shape behind the big R at mid court, ala a lot of schools in the B1G. I think it’s a great thing! Can only help recruiting instate. And build fan base with those with a sense of state pride. Anyway, good job by athletics, can’t wait to see the finished product!

Looking forward to the 1st NJ kid who says, “I was gonna go to Seton Hall but then RU put an outline of NJ at center court. That really factored into my decision to choose Rutgers.”
They won’t say it but psychologically it can definitely make a difference, imagine you walk out of the concourse and see the court for the first time in front of you with this giant NJ state on it, they take a pic they show their friends they tweet it, all good

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Agree, some contrast would be great.
This kind of contrast is what I’d like to see...

12-12-27-WB-0042.jpg

Can only help recruiting instate.

Looking forward to the 1st NJ kid who says, “I was gonna go to Seton Hall but then RU put an outline of NJ at center court. That really factored into my decision to choose Rutgers.”

This is just one of many things that can help identify RU with NJ and promote state pride which, along with winning, can help with in-state recruiting, attendance, etc.

Reactions: bigmatt718
New, actual pics of work in progress. Looking good so far, every shore inlet appears to be painstakingly detailed. Almost seems to be a shame to cover it up with an R...

Last edited:
Someone that is good with Photoshop might be able to come up with a picture of what the court might look like with the state outline on one side of center and an R on the other.

New, actual pics of work in progress. Looking good so far, every shore inlet appears to be painstakingly detailed. Almost seems to be a shame to cover it up with an R...

Check out that picture while they have the stencil outlined in yellow (bottom left in the twitter image).

That would look kinda dope if they did the state outlined in a really light red (where the yellow is in that picture) fading shadow off . That would be different and artsy looking

They should try this on the football field too.
I like the idea behind illinois’ field, where the state shape is just an outline but in white. Looks very classy and I think we could pull it off on ours too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT