ADVERTISEMENT

NJ Satellite Camps Ante up with Ravens Staff.Article

Michigan football coach Jim Harbaugh rarely steps away from a challenge. So when Rutgers coach Chris Ash declined an invitation to attend the Next Level Football Camp on June 8 at Paramus Catholic High School and formed his own New Jersey event for that night, with Ohio State's Urban Meyer, Harbaugh wasn't likely to let it be.

Originally intended to host 400 kids -- a number reached in the first eight days of registration -- the Paramus camp has expanded. It will allow at least 450 kids -- a diverse group of players from 170 schools in 11 states and Washington, D.C.

At least 90 college coaches from 35 teams -- including Michigan -- and 13 states will be on hand, and it will be live-streamed via three cameras.

Another revelation came today: Harbaugh's brother and Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh (plus some Ravens staff) will work the camp.

"This camp is not about any college against another, or Paramus Catholic against anyone," Paramus president James Vail wrote in an open letter. "It is a rare opportunity for the staffs of 35 colleges and counting to model teamwork to the students by collaborating together in providing them quality football instruction. High schools are about creating opportunities for kids, not restricting them. Our camp will be a rare opportunity to meet and to learn from so many coaches who compete at various levels in one place at one time. Our neighbors get to do so with minimal travel, while they will make new friends with participants who are traveling from as far as Virginia and Massachusetts."

Yeah I'm pretty sure that makes every single camp goer immediately ineligible for NCAA participation. May as well have agents on hand too.

Reactions: MikeR0102

Nah. It is just in response to Ash being the complete Douche that he is. Nothing wrong with this, except Ash looking like a fool trying to have his cute little camp at the EXACT SAME TIME.

Do you think Coach Ash is on the phone with Bill Belichick to see if he is available?

Screw with his QB's school? The same school he will be looking to draft from as time goes on due to the players getting good fundamental training? Yeah, I am thinking he will sit this one out.

Ash picked this fight. He should of either attended, or selected another day so as not to put the kids into a decision. He has forced them to choose between over 30 schools holding scholarships, or a couple.

So now, when he gets thru wiping the egg off his face from this one, he will face a Harbaugh team with a 'tude. First year coaching mistake. I bet he doesn't do it again. You don't pick a fight with someone as insanely dedicated as Jim is. Especially when that someone is selling a better school, better program, biggest stadium, and oh yeah, the all time wins leader. It is spitting in the wind to go out of your way to antagonize them.

Which is exactly what he has done. He must think he still has Buckeye resources.

I am hoping Jim doesn't go too extreme making a point this season. I was hoping to see you guys and Md step up when Jimmy Franklin gets his dick kicked in the dirt.

Reactions: PharmD Blue
Screw with his QB's school? The same school he will be looking to draft from as time goes on due to the players getting good fundamental training? Yeah, I am thinking he will sit this one out.

Ash picked this fight. He should of either attended, or selected another day so as not to put the kids into a decision. He has forced them to choose between over 30 schools holding scholarships, or a couple.

So now, when he gets thru wiping the egg off his face from this one, he will face a Harbaugh team with a 'tude. First year coaching mistake. I bet he doesn't do it again. You don't pick a fight with someone as insanely dedicated as Jim is. Especially when that someone is selling a better school, better program, biggest stadium, and oh yeah, the all time wins leader. It is spitting in the wind to go out of your way to antagonize them.

Which is exactly what he has done. He must think he still has Buckeye resources.

I am hoping Jim doesn't go too extreme making a point this season. I was hoping to see you guys and Md step up when Jimmy Franklin gets his dick kicked in the dirt.

So we should concede the state to the whims of Jim Harbaugh? Don't think so.
You may think going head to head with Michigan is a bad idea (and it very well may be.) But much worse to appear afraid to comPete. In order to be successful we need to establish ourselves at home.
Your "advice" is noted, and unwelcome.
The OSU fans were right about your fan base.
Well, a fair number, I've met some very friendly Michigan fans.

If Jim goes too extreme "making a point" that would say a great deal about his character. Imagine the coach holding camps, for the benefit of the underprivileged/underrecruited, running up the score to teach a lesson for crossing him. Yup, he's ALL class.

Nah. It is just in response to Ash being the complete Douche that he is. Nothing wrong with this, except Ash looking like a fool trying to have his cute little camp at the EXACT SAME TIME.

So much hypocrisy in one post it's almost unbelievable...I'm sure all these campers are gonna benefit from 6000 schools and the Ravens being there for a 1 day camp.
If I ran the quoted post through a 'College Football Fantalk Translator', I think it would read something like, "Hrmmpphh!! Who does peasant Rutgers dare think they are to not just let mighty Michigan do whatever they want?!?!! It is our birthright to do as we please!!!!"

Joe P.

Last edited:

Belichick didn't send his son to Meechigan. You want to know how smart your boy Harbaugh is? By hiring Chris Partridge, the most hated man in New Jersey football, he managed to single handedly do what nobody else has been able to accomplish before- unite virtually every big time hs program behind Rutgers. Ash has won already.

We picked this fight??? LMAO- you're really serious about that, aren't you???
We're in the same division. You don't kowtow to programs in your own division. Admit it- Harbaugh is mad 'lowly Rutgers' didn't 'kiss the ring'. That's what this is all about; stop trying to act otherwise...and while I doubt every HS program in the state is united behind Rutgers, it'll be interesting to see what happens if UM is interested in a prospect from Don Bosco, SPP, BergenC, etc.

Joe P.

Last edited:
Belichick didn't send his son to Meechigan. You want to know how smart your boy Harbaugh is? By hiring Chris Partridge, the most hated man in New Jersey football, he managed to single handedly do what nobody else has been able to accomplish before- unite virtually every big time hs program behind Rutgers. Ash has won already.
Truer words have never been written. Funny how these dildo's from Michigan have no clue how this state works. Partridge going to Michigan will end up being the best thing to happen to Rutgers.

With 450, each kid will be nothing more than a number. They'll get split up of course with Harbaugh getting whomever he wants in his group. The other coaches get what's left.
Also, this may be Harbaugh v. Meyer and Rutgers is just a pawn.

We should learn to just be Michigan's little bitch.

Yeah OK! [eyeroll] You do realize Belichick and other Pro coaches could give two sh*ts what college coaches think. Right. Also if I'm not mistaken if your drafted you go to the team your picked by and your college coach has no say. At least this is how it works in my world not sure about the one you live in. I'm also pretty sure Brady's not really going to care what Bill does as long as he keeps coaching them to Super Bowls. You really think Brady's pissed that Bill decided to take all those Rutgers players over michigan players? Common dude, you sound like an uninformed imbecile with these statements.:eek: I'm pretty sure your better than this crap you posted. But maybe not.

Reactions: MikeR0102
54745797.jpg

This X49,000%. No nimrod in Michican't could possibly understand. There is more support for RU football across most hs coaches then ever. It's unreal what is going on.

...I honestly think its hysterical that Michigan comes here, holds a camp 50 miles from our campus at their apparent sidekick HS who seems to be doing their best to sell their identity down the river in order to revere in the glorious presence of Harbaugh, tries to act like like this is all just some innocent coincidence with no ulterior motive, and then when we respond, their fans say *WE* 'started it'??? Seriously, WHAT!?!?!?! Do they actually hear what they're saying??????? Do they know how ridiculous and absurd they sound??????

Joe P.

Last edited:
oh yeah, the all time wins leader.

Fun fact: Michigan has more wins all-time over the Penn Quakers (12) than they do the Penn State Nittany Lions (11)

Fun fact: Michigan has more wins all-time over Case Western (26) than they do over Notre Dame (24).

aged_wolverine said ...
So now, when he gets thru wiping the egg off his face from this one, he will face a Harbaugh team with a 'tude.

Michigan and Harbaugh's 'tude when they arrive in Piscataway will be from losing consecutive home games to Penn State and Wisconsin.

It's certainly what I would do. Put that on the flyer- six time Superbowl champion Bill Belichick. Harbaugh can put that in his pipe and smoke it.
Sorry, Mr. James Harbaugh, great football coach for "the University of Michigan Wolverines," does not smoke except opponents.

Hope Harbaugh and the back up dancers enjoy NJ's b list.

The powers that be have spoken. Nothing else really matters. I hope the D1AA kids learn a lot.

Fun fact: Michigan has more wins all-time over the Penn Quakers (12) than they do the Penn State Nittany Lions (11)

Fun fact: Michigan has more wins all-time over Case Western (26) than they do over Notre Dame (24).

Are you serious? Until Carr retired, Joe n gang hadn't won in a decade. They had more wins vs RR and Hoke than they did for about 14 yrs vs Michigan. Their current coach will be 0-3 vs Michigan after this season.

Speaking of said coach: for the others throwing Franklin in the mix. Are you serious? He will be out of a job after this season, or next. Coming in 4th, in their own division, wont keep selling at PSU. Unlike Rutgers, they do have a history of some wins.

And back to the camp....
So now you have 4 schools vs 30 plus. I am not fretting it. Pity you cant say the same.

It will be quite a number of years before Rutgers gets up to running with the big dogs....and that isn't even a given. Listening to the lot of you carry on like you are there already is a joke at best, or flat sad when someone takes into account how deluded you are about your place in conference.

Reactions: PharmD Blue
Michigan hasn't been an Alpha dog since Woodson.

Regardless of how we got here, we're in the same big boat of programs watching the final four on TV.

You may be in a concierge class cabin with a balcony view, but it's the same damn boat yielding to OSU and Bama's yachts.

Michigan hasn't been an Alpha dog since Woodson.

Regardless of how we got here, we're in the same big boat of programs watching the final four on TV.

You may be in a concierge class cabin with a balcony view, but it's the same damn boat yielding to OSU and Bama's yachts.

I can agree with that....

Michigan probably has 2 more yrs to be back where we expect to be. We almost beat Sparty last yr, and we had no D line vs Bucky, There will be major changes this yr to that story. Barring another miracle, Sparty lost so much this yr that they got an arse whupping coming. Osu at the Shoe is a tough win. If JT had left, I would feel good about that game.

When in doubt, always remember though....tis better to be a has been than a never was. :sunglasses:

Do the Michigan trolls here not realize they have their own site?

I think only PSU talks more about us, but they got the BWI no go zone aka "We cant let anyone else speak as it may distract from our delusions".

I probably would of never got into this stuff, but rutgers fans talking shit about what has happened to Flint and Detroit was lame. I have watched Flint go downhill first hand the past 47 yrs. For someone to mock it like it is fair game is asking to be razzed back.

I actually was one of the ones defending you guys when you joined. Others said you didn't belong. With the low rent antics the past couple weeks, perhaps they were right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT