ADVERTISEMENT

No. 12 Rutgers Wrestling Faces No. 16 Wisconsin Sunday in Madison / Match Thread

Kanniard is too stiff and hips aren't great so he struggles scrambling. Glad he didn't give up the major. Works hard but just isn't going to win many.

Reactions: koleszar
Hey dude you're a big mouth going back and forth with Leonard all the time so pipe down. Also Kanniard needs to reassess if he wants to wrestle for this team anymore.
Me and Leonard go back and forth all the time? News to me

WTF with these stallings. How does Clark get called when he's the only one shooting

Reactions: Bobbynieds
So far we’ve wrestled 6 bouts and have been called for a stall in all of them including a match our guy won 18-3

Reactions: Leonard23
Our middle weights are constantly dominated and overpowered. It’s going to extremely difficult to win any close duals like this one

I don't understand why the redshirt was pulled. If Sammy only missed weight by .4, why wrestle Oliveri. He can get great experience against tough competition as a redshirt and not give up a year, and be even better next year. I doubt that Oliveri's NCAA potential is close to Sammy. Is there more to the Alvarez story. Please explain the thinking behind wrestling Oliveri if the plan isn't for him to wrestled for the rest of the year.
I don’t get this either.. so now who’s going to wrestle 33 in postseason? I’m assuming it is going to be Joey O since rs got pulled… is Sammy just a weight problem or is some injury lingering?? @___@ if it’s just a weight problem then sammy might as well start trying to bulk up to 149 rn… been saying he should be working towards 149/157 when he couldn’t make 133 weight last year 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Or just use ur rs and wait till Seabass graduates..

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
Does anyone know the next criteria in a 5-5 split? Some places say it’s match points in which case we’d probably lose. Some places say number of tech falls which we would win.

Our middle weights are constantly dominated and overpowered. It’s going to extremely difficult to win any close duals like this one
We're toast against anyone with a pulse if Alvarez doesn't return.

Why are you such a Jerk. We are discussing wrestling match and you need to throw I don't know what being a jersey is, but that comment was absolutely Justified. Every time Mike Van Brill has a decent match everybody come to his defense and crowns him like he's going to be some top three finishers. The guy's been in the program for like 25 years, and does 2 moves.

Clark just has no idea what to do once he gets a leg. He gets in deep then is lost. He needs to work solely on his finishes.

Reactions: Leonard23
I don’t get this either.. so now who’s going to wrestle 33 in postseason? I’m assuming it is going to be Joey O since rs got pulled… is Sammy just a weight problem or is some injury lingering?? @___@ if it’s just a weight problem then sammy might as well start trying to bulk up to 149 rn… been saying he should be working towards 149/157 when he couldn’t make 133 weight last year 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Or just use ur rs and wait till Seabass graduates..
I'd guess this is a clear indication that Alvarez is done for the season, at least at 133. Maybe he tries to challenge MVB for 149 or just shuts it down.

Wisconsin looks like the stronger team … even in the 4-3 win.

In matches Wisconsin is favored I am rooting for a loss by decision.

We’re gonna need something special from one of the next 3 guys. Fully expecting a Boone loss by major. Would love to major one of these upcoming bouts

Does anyone know the next criteria in a 5-5 split? Some places say it’s match points in which case we’d probably lose. Some places say number of tech falls which we would win.
Match points. College different than HS.

a. Greater number of victories. Note: Forfeits, defaults and disqualifications count toward total number of victories.
b. Combined total number of falls, forfeits, defaults and disqualifications.
c. Total match points scored only from decisions, major decisions and technical falls.
d. Total near fall points scored only from decisions, major decisions and technical falls. (Example: N-2 + N-2 + N-4 = Total of 8 near fall points scored for one team.)
e. Total number of takedowns scored only from decisions, major decisions and technical falls. (Example: T-2 + T-2 + T-2 = Total of 3 takedowns scored for one team.)
f. Least number of unsportsmanlike conduct calls.
g. First takedown scored in the dual meet. One team point shall be awarded to the team winni

Match points. College different than HS.

a. Greater number of victories. Note: Forfeits, defaults and disqualifications count toward total number of victories.
b. Combined total number of falls, forfeits, defaults and disqualifications.
c. Total match points scored only from decisions, major decisions and technical falls.
d. Total near fall points scored only from decisions, major decisions and technical falls. (Example: N-2 + N-2 + N-4 = Total of 8 near fall points scored for one team.)
e. Total number of takedowns scored only from decisions, major decisions and technical falls. (Example: T-2 + T-2 + T-2 = Total of 3 takedowns scored for one team.)
f. Least number of unsportsmanlike conduct calls.
g. First takedown scored in the dual meet. One team point shall be awarded to the team winni
Match points refers to the final score, for example we’d get 4 points for Olivieri and Wisconsin would get 3 for their guy?

I guess looks like a wrap at 133 for Sammy but he’s only .4 over. Something’s up
I'm guessing the injury. Not easy to cut that much weight when you're healthy. If he can't get in all the extra runs and workouts, then he's not gonna make weight unless he starves more.

Aside from Rivera, so far the entire Wisconsin roster is considerably stronger than our guys and it’s making a huge difference. We get absolutely mauled on bottom.

Reactions: koleszar
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT