ADVERTISEMENT

No. 13 Rutgers Wrestling Hosts No. 8 Virginia Tech Friday Night

I was hoping for More from Moore. He dominated match physically, but not on scoreboard.

I am nervous about 174.....can see it being close and can also see Mekhi do his thing and Tech him

That stall call for touching the side of the mat on Desantis is pretty garbage considering VT did it twice at 133 for no call. Could be a huge deciding factor in the dual

There needs to be a rule change where touching the floor is automatic stall. You can’t leave that much grey area for the officials.

Reactions: Leonard23
I was hoping for More from Moore. He dominated match physically, but not on scoreboard.

I am nervous about 174.....can see it being close and can also see Mekhi do his thing and Tech him
Mekhi isn’t an offensive wrestler anymore. He hasn’t majored more than a handful of wrestlers the last few years and a large majority of them are no names. He’s an elite defensive wrestler who picks his spots. Would be a major disappointment if Turley gives up a lot of points

And White getting smashed by a backup 157 pounder right off the bat. And he’s toying with him to start the period. Absolutely terrible.

White is a workhorse but I simply have not seen any level of strength on the mat at any point in his career. He was tossed around at 149 and is getting tossed around tonight

Reactions: biker7766
We’re going to struggle at 165 again. White is way too slow and doesn’t have the strength to over come it. The 165 enigma continues.

My god. White looked absolutely horrendous against a 157er. That could cost us the match. I’m sorry but he isn’t nearly strong enough for 165.

My god. White looked absolutely horrendous against a 157er. That could cost us the match. I’m sorry but he isn’t nearly strong enough for 165.
Opponent had no energy the entire 3rd period and still managed to outscore him. 165 is a total black hole here

• Sad
Ughh The match is heading towards a 5:5 split… we need to win in bonus pts now….

On the bright side Turley looks like he’s been reborn. Probably not going to win this match but has looked like the Turley of old speed and strength wise

Don’t love the route we took to get here with a garbage match from White and a weak stall against Desantis but down 10 heading into 184 is about where we expected it to be. 3 hammers to end the match, time to see what they’re made of

Well we need to go 3-0 down the stretch with some bonus points

Now Soldano is getting manhandled as well. I know he can end the match at any point but this isn’t looking too promising at the moment. We need bonus points here.

The team just isn’t ready prime time unfortunately. Very sad. Unacceptable from White and Soldano. Brutal performances from key guys.

Lower weights did good. What a bad job after that. Huge crowd and disappointment yet again. They just can’t get up for big matches.

Reminiscent of when Poz and Bulsak both laid stinkers while in the driver seat against whoever it was a few years ago. Ohio St? Michigan St? Don’t remember.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT