ADVERTISEMENT

No. 17 Rutgers Men’s Lacrosse Season Starts Saturday

The stat of the game for me right now is rutgers forcing 8 turnovers and PSU only forcing 2.

Final instantly got play on the game I can not mention. Kessinich crowing about how he touted watch out for Rutgers and heaping praise on Kirst.

Question for those who could watch. O'Keefe only scored 1 goal on 7 shots. Was he not getting the great feeds he would get from Amend? Was his aim off? Was somebody playing great D on him once he got the ball?

Question for those who could watch. O'Keefe only scored 1 goal on 7 shots. Was he not getting the great feeds he would get from Amend? Was his aim off? Was somebody playing great D on him once he got the ball?
The defense slid early and played backside help really well today. They took the ball away 11 times and negated many of PSUs good dodges.

The telling stat for me was the number of RU shots. It was lower than we have been averaging the last couple of years and I think we valued possession and took higher percentage shots against a good goalie.

Although looking at the box it says we took 40 while I guess BTN was tracking shots on goal so maybe I am misguided here but there were very few shots leaving me thinking "wow that angle was really bad".

Who is #81? Looks like a big dude from the Instagram pics and I noticed he had 4 ground balls too.

Reactions: Scarlet83
The defense and rope unit was top tier today...very good...or face off situation was highly competitive which is what we need, our ground ball effort in the middle of the field was strong, and goaltending was excellent...

We have lots of room to grow offensively and I think we will...

The defense held us in this game all day...and then the offense made the plays needed in Q4 to close out the W

Great win

Can't wait to watch live at OSU where the can handle live fans at games...

The telling stat for me was the number of RU shots. It was lower than we have been averaging the last couple of years and I think we valued possession and took higher percentage shots against a good goalie.

Also Penn State goalie made some great saves that would ordinarily be goals. We should have won by two or three more goals. Overall great team win!

This is a really talented team. And it seems like last year's Achilles heel, face offs, has been addressed
Fingers crossed. But yeah, what a GREAT game by us and to win the face offs the way we did is just awesome to see.

Reactions: Scarlet83
Just a footnote on O'Keefe's goal, my recollection is that he was being defended well but was able to make an athletic play and drop his hands to get a nice low to low shot. As gef21 has stated, the D looked good! I thought we rode and killed penalties really well too.

Just a footnote on O'Keefe's goal, my recollection is that he was being defended well but was able to make an athletic play and drop his hands to get a nice low to low shot. As gef21 has stated, the D looked good! I thought we rode and killed penalties really well too.
It was good defense but someone set a nice pick for him. He was able to get his hands free and shoot around the defender.

He is a pure shooter. Ament is a pure passer. They were peanut butter and jelly. He was required to do more than shoot. And that’s not his skill set.

He is a pure shooter. Ament is a pure passer. They were peanut butter and jelly. He was required to do more than shoot. And that’s not his skill set.

O'Keefe is definitely a pure shooter, and needs his hands free for more than just a flash. Sounds like he didn't have that extra second. Ament reminded me a lot of Eamon McEneaney from way back when in that he altered his game when paired up with a deadly shooter, in his case Mike French, and had the passing chops to do it. But both could have been goal scorers if they wanted.

Reactions: Caliknight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT