ADVERTISEMENT

No. 17 Rutgers Men’s Lacrosse Season Starts Saturday

My years we not much better as I remember having to bring broken heads to Pat to get a new one and the box of cleats that were retreads from the football team. Now every team has multiple helmets. @mdk01 Sounds like you may have shared some turf with one of my relatives.

We always had some of my pops old equipment in the house from the 60's. I can't believe any of those guys can walk or think after playing in that stuff.

We always had some of my pops old equipment in the house from the 60's. I can't believe any of those guys can walk or think after playing in that stuff.

Getting checked with a wood defense stick would be a real eye-opener for today's players. There'd be a radical change in arm pads.

Getting checked with a wood defense stick would be a real eye-opener for today's players. There'd be a radical change in arm pads.

I showed a PLL player a stick from the 90's and they could hardly cradle and throw it lol.

Yeah I still have one.
I played in the 90’s and had the first warrior titanium shaft - the one that was a full 6’ long and that was a game changer at the time.

those crooked arrow shafts (3 layer) were a beast for sure.

Yep. Very few people used mesh back then. Not sure why honestly. Greg Rinaldi, RU great, used mesh.

Mesh was introduced in 1973. Popularity began to decline with the introduction of the first superlights in 1975.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT