ADVERTISEMENT

No. 17 Rutgers Wrestling set for Princeton Sunday

Ref didn’t call anything but Boone taunting his opponent in a tie dual is so incredibly dumb. Be smarter than that.

Good news is Princeton wrestled great, we wrestled our C game with no Olivieri, no Poz, and even no Shawver and we still take the victory.

match points 47 to 43 in favor or RU won the match. Janzer tight match was perfect for dual win. though a loss, he should be co-mvp.
Eh mvp should never be given out to a wrestler that never shoots/stalls.. maybe if he was up against a top 5 wrestler.. personally I’d give mvp to Soldano

Reactions: njsportsphan
Congrats to the team!
Thought the Sammy loss was the dagger.
Very nice!

This sport has to do a better job of providing access for fan viewership. There has to be better alternatives than paid streaming services with horrible announcers and bad production. The B1G is the premier conference and not being able to watch many of these matches live or on tape delay is an absolute travesty.

This sport has to do a better job of providing access for fan viewership. There has to be better alternatives than paid streaming services with horrible announcers and bad production. The B1G is the premier conference and not being able to watch many of these matches live or on tape delay is an absolute travesty.
This has nothing to do with the sport of wrestling. This is an Ivy League match, so ESPN owns the media rights and streamed it on ESPN+.

If it was home it would have been on BTN+. But then again, I wouldn't care because I would have been at the match. But ESPN+ is horrible showing commercials during matches. As soon as it ended, I canceled my subscription.

If it was home it would have been on BTN+. But then again, I wouldn't care because I would have been at the match. But ESPN+ is horrible showing commercials during matches. As soon as it ended, I canceled my subscription.
Thankfully, it seems they only had that issue 1 match. I'd guess it wasn't ESPN+ that was the issue, as it was probably the staff at Jadwin re-starting the match before returning from the commercial break.

Thankfully, it seems they only had that issue 1 match. I'd guess it wasn't ESPN+ that was the issue, as it was probably the staff at Jadwin re-starting the match before returning from the commercial break.
There were no issues during the Pitt match, lets blame it on PU!

My subscription is good until 1/10. So I'm good for the rest of our 3/4 of the season tour of the United States.

Great finish. Team came out composed after the break and wrestled smart. Did their jobs and won the dual.

Big win for Turley, that was definitely the tipping point.
Agreed. He wrestled very smart. And looked good too. Looks like he still needs some conditioning though.

This has nothing to do with the sport of wrestling. This is an Ivy League match, so ESPN owns the media rights and streamed it on ESPN+.
Even if it was at home BTN+ is not the greatest alternative. How many tournaments? Beast, midlands, southern scuffle that are not available to anything other than subscribing to multiple streaming services. If the sport wants to make it more available to the masses they have to figure out how to streamline their media rights. The B1G needs to do a better job getting one of their premier products out to their fans. Same can be said for lacrosse. BTN does an awful job televising secondary and tertiary products. Do we really need to watch 1969 rose bowl game? I would rather watch a live or tape delayed wrestling match or soccer game.

Even if it was at home BTN+ is not the greatest alternative. How many tournaments? Beast, midlands, southern scuffle that are not available to anything other than subscribing to multiple streaming services. If the sport wants to make it more available to the masses they have to figure out how to streamline their media rights. The B1G needs to do a better job getting one of their premier products out to their fans. Same can be said for lacrosse. BTN does an awful job televising secondary and tertiary products. Do we really need to watch 1969 rose bowl game? I would rather watch a live or tape delayed wrestling match or soccer game.
BTN isn’t going to show something unless their teams are involved, and if it’s a tournament generally the hosting team will have the broadcast rights like the Princeton open was on espn. That said I’m with you, there needs to be a way where all these stream services can consolidate somewhat.

Reactions: kupuna133
BTN isn’t going to show something unless their teams are involved, and if it’s a tournament generally the hosting team will have the broadcast rights like the Princeton open was on espn. That said I’m with you, there needs to be a way where all these stream services can consolidate somewhat.
Yea this was less to do with todays bout and more about wrestling as a whole. I know Princeton controlled the media for today. But overall quality of production no matter what service is lacking, ESPN+ BTN+ flo all suck.

A fan should not have to subscribe to multiple streaming services to watch the premier open tournaments. BTN has to do a better job positioning one of the B1G’s better products to attract a bigger audience.

Kind of OT but Richie Lewis absolutely went off against Goodale/RU in his instagram stories. Not sure what sparked it but it’s not a good look for anyone. It seems to insinuate Goody not taking care of some of these guys after school, etc.

Last edited:
Great to get the win today. Some of the guys looked flat so it's always good to still knock out a win... Any recruit considering Princeton should be content to know despite a flat performance from Rutgers, they are still gonna lose to us.

Turley started slow but picked up steam. Encouraging to see him look like the physical guy he has been in the past.

A few of the guys I think should have put the pressure on to score more.
Heilmann could have. He looked dominant and was happy to ride. Not bad but as a Sr guy on the team we are gonna look to him for more loving forward.
Alvarez seemed content to hang w a guy he should dominate. Wake up call match in December hopefully.
I think white got in on a leg pretty quick, 4 min of riding time could have been more takedowns.

In all, some solid matches, some let downs, and still a win. Happy to get out of there w a W.

Hoping to see a really solid performance at midlands from either 25 so we can put that weight class to bed and move on.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Great to get the win today. Some of the guys looked flat so it's always good to still knock out a win... Any recruit considering Princeton should be content to know despite a flat performance from Rutgers, they are still gonna lose to us.

Turley started slow but picked up steam. Encouraging to see him look like the physical guy he has been in the past.

A few of the guys I think should have put the pressure on to score more.
Heilmann could have. He looked dominant and was happy to ride. Not bad but as a Sr guy on the team we are gonna look to him for more loving forward.
Alvarez seemed content to hang w a guy he should dominate. Wake up call match in December hopefully.
I think white got in on a leg pretty quick, 4 min of riding time could have been more takedowns.

In all, some solid matches, some let downs, and still a win. Happy to get out of there w a W.

Hoping to see a really solid performance at midlands from either 25 so we can put that weight class to bed and move on.
Turley looked great. Big comeback win. And looked dominant on top. He just needs to get his lungs back a bit.

Kind of OT but Richie Lewis absolutely went off against Goodale/RU in his instagram stories. Not sure what sparked it but it’s not a good look for anyone. It seems to insinuate Goody not taking care of some of these guys after school, etc.
Lost a lot of respect for him reading that. He’s threatening to fight Dean Peterson and his dad, then thanked Rutgers for getting him out of jail. When you’re a loose cannon like that, it’s no surprise the program doesn’t want to deal with you. What a total moron.

What did he say exactly?? Link?? All I c on his Twitter is him saying if RU kept him, ash, perroti, Suriano we would be winning O’Neill’s match..

Yea this was less to do with todays bout and more about wrestling as a whole. I know Princeton controlled the media for today. But overall quality of production no matter what service is lacking, ESPN+ BTN+ flo all suck.

A fan should not have to subscribe to multiple streaming services to watch the premier open tournaments. BTN has to do a better job positioning one of the B1G’s better products to attract a bigger audience.
It's unrealistic to expect all content to be streamed in one place. There are tons of streaming options for a lot of different content, so this isn't unique to wrestling or sports. If it wasn't for BTN and BTN+, and other streaming services like ESPN+, you'd see very little wrestling and LAX, really anything other than football and basketball. The BTN+ production is student/school run and many do a pretty good job. Not sure if ESPN+ is as well.
😬 😱

What did he say exactly?? Link?? All I c on his Twitter is him saying if RU kept him, ash, perroti, Suriano we would be winning O’Neill’s match..
It was a incoherent meathead rant about Goodale not following him on Instagram and calling him some profane names.

Breaking news Rutgers would be a better team if a bunch of international level wrestlers in their mid/late 20’s still had college eligibility.

It was a incoherent meathead rant about Goodale not following him on Instagram and calling him some profane names.

Breaking news Rutgers would be a better team if a bunch of international level wrestlers in their mid/late 20’s still had college eligibility.
Now he's going after Turley because Turley jumped into it 🤦🏻‍♂️

Now he's going after Turley because Turley jumped into it 🤦🏻‍♂️
Looks like someone’s off his meds. He is taking shots at everybody. I thought it was a wwf-like role he was playing when he would call out PSU wrestlers. Now it is becoming clear that it’s not an act and he needs help.

Reactions: Leonard23

I think he's talking about if the team/goody kept them on/paid them to help. Ie, Connor would be winning thoseatches if they had these guys around to work with.

I think he's talking about if the team/goody kept them on/paid them to help. Ie, Connor would be winning thoseatches if they had these guys around to work with.
That’s how I read the initial tweet. Then he made it personal and is calling everyone out. Not sure if that is how you get the invite or secure a paycheck.

Now he's calling out Boone. Lewis is going to regret this moment in his life. Calling out everyone. Real tough calling out college kids when you're a semi pro fighter. Such a hardo.

And what's up with Ashnault sticking to his side? If I were him I'd stay clear from Lewis. He's nothing but trouble.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT