ADVERTISEMENT

No. 17 Rutgers Wrestling set for Princeton Sunday

Now he's calling out Boone. Lewis is going to regret this moment in his life. Calling out everyone. Real tough calling out college kids when you're a semi pro fighter. Such a hardo.

And what's up with Ashnault sticking to his side? If I were him I'd stay clear from Lewis. He's nothing but trouble.
Yeah I don’t understand the Ashnault side either

Reactions: Leonard23
Thank you guys for winning a close match vs a rival!!! Salvaged the weekend!!!!

Sounds like there was a beef/reason ashnault left
I met a pretty straight up kid that wrestled for Rutgers.Got some mat time and he had some less than flattering things to say about Goody.Made it sound any wrestler that wasn't a so called superstar,Goody found as expendable.Essentially Goody puts on a show for the media and press.I always liked Ritchie Lewis.Not the brightest bulb in the ceiling, but certainly a heart and soul kid.Only glitch I saw was his bullshit weight ordeal. Thought that was a douche move on his part.Also, he should be grateful that Goody gave him a shot.And vise versa with his performance.Ash's abrupt leaving and siding with Lewis says some real volumes.Something had to happen.Ash was the heart and soul of the team and for him to kind of side with Lewis says something went on between him and Goody.As the one of the greatest athletes to come out of Rutgers,if not the best you would think he would stay neutral.Not good.By the way...I agree with the Dubuque comments.He really defines the type of redhead you hit across the teeth with a boat oar....from my shitliner of course.

By the way, it seems like alot of the Dads from Rutgers are willing to test their cardio and boxing skills ala Van Brills dad Aragonas dad with me...and now Petersons dad with Lewis.No offense to these dads, but your not going to stand a chance against the likes of Ritchie Lewis.He is a world class wrestler with some serious boxing skills.Deans father would be put to sleep in lala land in seconds.

By the way, it seems like alot of the Dads from Rutgers are willing to test their cardio and boxing skills ala Van Brills dad Aragonas dad with me...and now Petersons dad with Lewis.No offense to these dads, but your not going to stand a chance against the likes of Ritchie Lewis.He is a world class wrestler with some serious boxing skills.Deans father would be put to sleep in lala land in seconds.
Where did you get that from? Lewis seems to be an immature clown who is fighting with college kids and dragging their parents into it for no reason (like Turley’s mom for example). Not sure where you gathered that Petersons father wants to fight him.

Richie won a world title and his success can't be denied. He was a fighter. He also seemed difficult to manage, probably negatively impacted Van Brill with his weight issues as well as other guys on the team. If we take kids with questionable histories, we must manage them or it can backfire.

Not sure what happened with Ashnault. A few insiders have privately said that he didn't leave on good terms. If true, both our national champs left on not the best terms. We need to find a way to get these guys back in the fold. It will really help recruiting knowing you can train with a Rutgers national champ.

• Haha
Reactions: Leonard23
Where did you get that from? Lewis seems to be an immature clown who is fighting with college kids and dragging their parents into it for no reason (like Turley’s mom for example). Not sure where you gathered that Petersons father wants to fight him.
I'm just going off what people are saying. Someone said that Richie wanted to fight Peterson and his dad. Which I think is really stupid. Considering Peterson will most likely be an all-American, and Richie was a flop. Was a hypothetical scenario

Where did you get that from? Lewis seems to be an immature clown who is fighting with college kids and dragging their parents into it for no reason (like Turley’s mom for example). Not sure where you gathered that Petersons father wants t

Don't waste your breath with that moron ...he was the one challenging parents to fight in the parking lot of the RAC when he was called out for personally attacking a couple kids ...it was the other way around ...Crackers is a drunk who can't put a coherent thought together so it's real rich he brings up the parents who he challenged

This is how you know Richie has no facts and is just throwing stuff out there:

Good for Perrotti basically telling him to cut the nonsense. Unfortunately using logic with the illogical isn’t going to work. I’m sure Lewis isn’t done either. Whatever his vendetta is, hard to side with him at this point and he’s making it look like RU seemingly cutting ties with him was done for the right reasons.

HS907174.JPG

No. 17 Wrestling Downs In-State Rival Princeton at Jadwin

Congrats on the win fellas! As for Richie, the dude is looking for attention. He's acting like a dvck and I'm glad he isnt part if the program. His toxic, meathead attitude would corrupt the team.

Reactions: njsportsphan
Congrats on the win fellas! As for Richie, the dude is looking for attention. He's acting like a dvck and I'm glad he isnt part if the program. His toxic, meathead attitude would corrupt the team.
Yep. Seems like a guy who is going to cling to what he did at RU and use it as a platform to tell everyone why their opinions aren’t as good as his, and then challenge parents to fights.

Sound like anyone we know? Ha

The Princeton coaches talk smack preseason. Rutgers wins when it counts

125. P. 3-0 potential Peterson Upset
133. R. 3-3 Joey dominates
141. R. 7-3 we see the real Alvarez
149 R. 11-3 White continues strong season
157 P. 11-7. Monday is too much
165 P. 11-10 O’Neil keeps it close
174. R. 14-10 Turley starts to wind into form
184. R 18-10. Soldano hips are too much
197. P 18-13. Stout too strong for Janzer
UNL R 21-13. Boone continues improving
Always fun to look back.
125. Right but not the desired upset. Dean won't get there this year
133. Right
141. Woof
149 Right
157 But it could have been worse
165 Yeah, but could have gone the other way
174. You nailed it
184. Nailed it again
197. Yup, but good to have kept it close
UNL Another nail

I predicted five wins but Turley made up for Alvarez. And it turned out criteria instead of bonus.

Remember when we were scolded for questioning Alverez? Let's not forget Olivieri is eagerly awaiting an opportunity. I hadn't given up on Turley because of his history of starting slowly. Janzer, not so sure. Both need to avoid reinjury. Boone looking good. All others as expected.

SMH. Imagine a recruit and his family wandering over here and reading all this stuff. Then pick another forum, like the Cornell Den and see what they are talking about (hint: it's the current wrestling team). Cornell even has a brief thread on the Rutgers-Princeton match. This isn't mid July when there isn't a lot to talk about. This forum is finding it's own level. Anyone can post. Anyone can decide not to read. JMHO. Thanks. $$$$

Reactions: DUForever
Yep. Seems like a guy who is going to cling to what he did at RU and use it as a platform to tell everyone why their opinions aren’t as good as his, and then challenge parents to fights.

Sound like anyone we know? Ha
What did he do here ..did he AA and I missed it ...he sewed discord back then just like he is now ..he wasn't a pillar of dedicated hard work that I can remember ..sure he had some success but nothing that amounted to much with the RU singlet on so why he thinks Goody should take him on is kinda puzzling to me

Reactions: scottsdaleal
Good on Perrotti for bringing up the novel concept of moving on with life and not complaining about your college coach five years after you last wrestled for him. As far as 141, you have to just let Sammy figure it out. No reason to throw Olivieri in there mid-season again. Sammy is likely near graduation and may not even return next year. You’re going to want those three more years of Joey after this year. It’s a young team, Olivieri over Alvarez isn’t the difference between getting on the podium or not.

I think Alvarez will ultimately be fine, but if he wants to get top 8 he needs to start pushing the pace a little bit. He’s so athletic, has so much potential, he just needs to be aggressive. It’s only 1 loss and let’s be real, the sport has shifted to the point where the regular season doesn’t even matter. Hope he gets going at the Midlands.

I think Alvarez will ultimately be fine, but if he wants to get top 8 he needs to start pushing the pace a little bit. He’s so athletic, has so much potential, he just needs to be aggressive. It’s only 1 loss and let’s be real, the sport has shifted to the point where the regular season doesn’t even matter. Hope he gets going at the Midlands.
Seems like guys are learning to stay out of scrambles with him where he excels and making him bring offense to them.

We say this every year about him.. should be happy if he can just make post season at this point..

He has 1 loss so far. I’d be stunned if he doesn’t qualify.
I meant more like how every year Sammy would have a hiccup some point and then we say say some cheery happy go lucky stuff n then something happens—not make weight.. no nationals.. 1 loss but he hasn’t faced anyone ranked besides Vasquez.

Always fun to look back.
125. Right but not the desired upset. Dean won't get there this year
133. Right
141. Woof
149 Right
157 But it could have been worse
165 Yeah, but could have gone the other way
174. You nailed it
184. Nailed it again
197. Yup, but good to have kept it close
UNL Another nail

I predicted five wins but Turley made up for Alvarez. And it turned out criteria instead of bonus.

Remember when we were scolded for questioning Alverez? Let's not forget Olivieri is eagerly awaiting an opportunity. I hadn't given up on Turley because of his history of starting slowly. Janzer, not so sure. Both need to avoid reinjury. Boone looking good. All others as expected.

Thanks. Predictions are fun and once in a while I get lucky. 9 out 10 is nice. But, no skill involved.

I may have been wrong about Alvarez. Still believe he has the skill to be a top 3 or 4 guy. Doesn’t seem he wants to put in the effort. That was the first victory this year for the Princeton kid that beat him and he has a lifetime losing record. Thankfully we have a much better team than Princeton and losing a bout where we were the big favorite didn’t hurt us. Couldn’t stomach losing to the Princeton loud mouths.

BTW -Pessimistically, keep raising probing questions. One can be a big time RU fan without rubber stamping everything or never questioning a coaching decision.

Thanks. Predictions are fun and once in a while I get lucky. 9 out 10 is nice. But, no skill involved.

I may have been wrong about Alvarez. Still believe he has the skill to be a top 3 or 4 guy. Doesn’t seem he wants to put in the effort. That was the first victory this year for the Princeton kid that beat him and he has a lifetime losing record. Thankfully we have a much better team than Princeton and losing a bout where we were the big favorite didn’t hurt us. Couldn’t stomach losing to the Princeton loud mouths.

BTW -Pessimistically, keep raising probing questions. One can be a big time RU fan without rubber stamping everything or never questioning a coaching decision.
Why do ppl believe Alvarez is a top 3 or 4 guy?? Bc he took a completely diff RBY into OT what 4 years ago?? He’s never made the podium and couldn’t make weight last two season how suddenly potential top 3 this year? We are all either overly optimistic or delusional.. Princeton win is nice but we barely made it out wit a dub to a team we routinely crush.. reality will set in once we hit the big ten stretch.. maybe wins over Indiana/Mich state.. and Maryland if we r lucky.

Why do ppl believe Alvarez is a top 3 or 4 guy?? Bc he took a completely diff RBY into OT what 4 years ago?? He’s never made the podium and couldn’t make weight last two season how suddenly potential top 3 this year? We are all either overly optimistic or delusional.. Princeton win is nice but we barely made it out wit a dub to a team we routinely crush.. reality will set in once we hit the big ten stretch.. maybe wins over Indiana/Mich state.. and Maryland if we r lucky.
Princeton matches have been close for more or less the last 5-6 years, and they beat us 2 years ago. I wouldn't say we "routinely crush" Princeton these days. Rider, yes, that terminology applies.

Folks
As I said this match was Princeton’s Super Bowl and they were bleary more up for it than we were. That being said, we still managed to win 17-16. It was not our finest performance but we held the trophy aloft at the end of the day

Folks
As I said this match was Princeton’s Super Bowl and they were bleary more up for it than we were. That being said, we still managed to win 17-16. It was not our finest performance but we held the trophy aloft at the end of the day
I agree with wng. They were more up for it than we were. But we need to make sure we get up for every match. This has been a Rutgers problem in almost every sport for years. An ugly win is still a win. I hope the team learns from this and moves on.

Last edited:
Reactions: njsportsphan
Folks

It is nice to think we were their Super Bowl. That is not reality. If you ask the Princeton coaches or their alumni, they will tell you it’s Cornell, Lehigh, and Penn. Their goal is to win the Ivy League and EIWA titles.

Who is our Super Bowl?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT