ADVERTISEMENT

No. 5 Rutgers Women's Soccer Travels West for NCAA College Cup / Friday, Dec. 3 @ 7 p.m.

RU played to what we are expected … win their region as the top seed, and probably lose to the overall top seed.

Reactions: schemingup
Got the top offensive players in …. Let’s see if we get that magical moment of the decade here.

Reactions: RUDiddy777
Nothing to be ashamed of. They had chances right to the last second.

Team played their hearts out. Absolutely belonged here. Played the better game than #1 to be honest, their goalie just made some incredible saves that would have otherwise went in. So proud of these ladies

Reactions: pele78 and RU MAN
Thought O'Neil had a great coaching effort. FSU went over the top on the right wing that adjustment put a lot of pressure on our defense resulting in the corner FSU scored on.

I am SO PROUD of these women!!!! I watched the game start to finish, and they played a whale of a game. If not for the propitiuos bounce the the FSU girl (Holly) had in front of our net to knock the rebound in, I thought our women played a lot better than they did. Our shots were sooooooooooo close with Ali, and Brocius and the tip back in and the missed header. I love the pressure we put on them.

FSU is a damn good team. They should feel blessed they pulled out this win. Rutgers IMO played a better game.

Again, I could not be MORE PROUD of the women. They represented and deserved better. GO RU!

Had our chances against the best team in the tourney, but just couldn't quite convert, as their keeper was outstanding. Great season. Sigh.

Dang, what an effort.
FSU goalie made some great saves
Their keeper won it. Great effort by our Ladies. Congrats Ladies on a great game & a great season. We'll be back. GO RU!!!

Cant win with no offense
Dude both teams had 9 shots on goal and 4 on frame, the difference was their goalie needed to make 3 outstanding saves to keep the ball out of the net. We played as well as we could have, sometimes you need to tip your cap to the other team. There is absolutely nothing this team should be ashamed of, they were awesome!

Great effort and great game. Frustrating when you can’t put them away, but that’s just how it goes sometimes.

Dude both teams had 9 shots on goal and 4 on frame, the difference was their goalie needed to make 3 outstanding saves to keep the ball out of the net. We played as well as we could have, sometimes you need to tip your cap to the other team. There is absolutely nothing this team should be ashamed of, they were awesome!

Well said. Both teams had good chances. FSU gets an ugly one off a corner.

I’d rather lose like that than PKs.

Reactions: DC8690
Wow what an exciting (if not frustrating) finish. Balls didn’t bounce our way tonight. After a strong first half, Riley was a non-factor in the 2nd and barely touched the ball. I’m not a soccer expert, but FSU made some sort of strategy change.

What an amazing season and team. They made me a soccer fan and I really enjoyed seeing them play in person.

Although they lose some great players and leaders, lots of young talent that got playing time in the pressure moments on the biggest stage.

Wow what an exciting (if not frustrating) finish. Balls didn’t bounce our way tonight. After a strong first half, Riley was a non-factor in the 2nd and barely touched the ball. I’m not a soccer expert, but FSU made some sort of strategy change.

What an amazing season and team. They made me a soccer fan and I really enjoyed seeing them play in person.

Although they lose some great players and leaders, lots of young talent that got playing time in the pressure moments on the biggest stage.
Went over the top to the right wing to bypass our smothering defensive strategy.

Interesting— Florida St only has 4 players from Florida - they have 8 or 9 international players. I think it will be hard for RU to put together a team more talented than they have this year just from NJ players. Is the reliance on nearly all NJ kids going to hold this program back? Can O‘Neill recruit nationally and internationally?

Interesting— Florida St only has 4 players from Florida - they have 8 or 9 international players. I think it will be hard for RU to put together a team more talented than they have this year just from NJ players. Is the reliance on nearly all NJ kids going to hold this program back? Can O‘Neill recruit nationally and internationally?

I don’t think so. Tons of talent in the garden state.

Soccer is a game where there usually are few goals ,Rutgers had several shots that were stopped by the Florida State goalie while Florida State scored on a rebound shot off a corner kick.Great effort by Rutgers and they have talent returning for next season.

Lowrey point blank on the left wing, terrific save by the GK, and then made another save on the rebound shot by Frankie.

That’s where we needed to tie the game. Golden opportunity.

But we went down swinging and had a bunch of chances. Gotta be proud of this wonderful group of young ladies.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT