ADVERTISEMENT

NorthWestern Fans

fg7321

All Conference
Nov 29, 2009
Major Smug Douche Bags sitting behind us in 313. We were able to move lower to sit with my son and one of the jerks mouthed off to me. I gave him the Jersey Salute.

Really not liking them especially learning they voted to not accept Rutgers to the B1G. That coupled with Stewart Mandel Article in the Athletic about Rutgers getting kicked out has intensified my hate of Northwestern.

So great that we own them this year in Football and Basketball

Major Smug Douche Bags sitting behind us in 313. We were able to move lower to sit with my son and one of the jerks mouthed off to me. I gave him the Jersey Salute.

Really not liking them especially learning they voted to not accept Rutgers to the B1G. That coupled with Stewart Mandel Article in the Athletic about Rutgers getting kicked out has intensified my hate of Northwestern.

So great that we own them this year in Football and Basketball

NW stinks. If any program ever deserved to get kicked out of league athletically it was NW, several stretches of time.

You know what would REALLY piss them off ?? if over the next 10-15 years Rutgers rises academically in the rankings and starts competing for the title of the smartest school option in the big ten. That would grind them brains

NW stinks. If any program ever deserved to get kicked out of league athletically it was NW, several stretches of time.

You know what would REALLY piss them off ?? if over the next 10-15 years Rutgers rises academically in the rankings and starts competing for the title of the smartest school option in the big ten. That would grind them brains

Northwestern is a small (relative to the big ten) private school. If anyone doesn’t fit, it’s them.

The woman next to me gave me this horrid look when I was yelling during their free throws with a couple minutes left.

No joke - she looked at me and said loudly “THAT’s NOT NICE!!!’”

I told her this is the RAC and she should have stayed home and watched the game on tv if she didn’t want to sit next to a fan rooting for their team.

I also asked if she was going to say anything to the thousands of other Rutgers fans who were also yelling during the free throws.

The woman next to me gave me this horrid look when I was yelling during their free throws with a couple minutes left.

I told her this is the RAC and she should have stayed home and watched the game on tv if she didn’t want to sit next to a fan rooting for their team.

I also asked if she was going to say anything to the thousands of other Rutgers fans who were also yelling during the free throws.
unbelievable.

17925cdfc429cc7551e6c2ffdcde4f1e

Leagues need schools like them to pad wins and give the elites breaks in the schedule

You should have asked “your first basketball game? Anywhere?”

This what happens in every gym in every state at virtually every level (at least high school on up)… fans make noise when the other team is shooting FTs . Has she literally never WATCHED a game on tv and noticed that?

I’m embarrassed for her lol

They were pretty respectful where I was. Just cheered when their team made a shot. I still gave them some razzing after the end as they sulked out. Haha.

Reactions: Scarlet83
Most of the fanbases in this league are ok . But some of the in this league really suck. Penn State, Wisconsin, Michigan and northwestern suck
I had a family of four Wisconsin fans buy the seats next us last Saturday (it's normally Rutgers fans there). They had the potential to be obnoxious, you could sense it when they made that early run to make it 11-9, but thankfully our guys prevented them from realizing their full d-bag potential.

Wisconsin fans by us last game were pretty tame, same with Northwestern fans, some girls were screaming after every shot but that’s fine in my opinion.

They have the worst football stadium in the country and I have been to Kansas.

They're typical private school elites.

Reactions: ScarletDave
I had a family of four Wisconsin fans buy the seats next us last Saturday (it's normally Rutgers fans there). They had the potential to be obnoxious, you could sense it when they made that early run to make it 11-9, but thankfully our guys prevented them from realizing their full d-bag potential.
Wisconsin fans didn't have a choice at that beat down

Football game against Wisconsin a few years ago they were unbearable. The absolute worst. They destroyed us and showed zero class about it. A younger me probably would have fought this one guy who was beyond obnoxious, but I just moved to sit somewhere else

This what happens in every gym in every state at virtually every level (at least high school on up)… fans make noise when the other team is shooting FTs . Has she literally never WATCHED a game on tv and noticed that?

She was on the older side so I thought maybe I was hurting her ears which in that case I would have stopped.

But when she told me “THAT’s NOT NICE” I couldn’t believe it and bursted out laughing.

A few other hilarious exchanges I had with her:

- When we were shooting our free throws I told her to have at it and yell and she responded with “I’m better than that”

- She told me she was from New Jersey and I told her that supporting Northwestern is what’s wrong with people in the state of New Jersey.

- She asked me what the whole arena was chanting at the refs after the horrid call and she was appalled when I said everyone was yelling “Ref you suck”.

The NW fans near us were respectful and friendly in 113. I think there are kinda like us when we beat the blue bloods. If they could make the Rose Bowl we can too.

Still difficult to reconcile with how opposed they were to our admission in the B1G. So still ticks me off and makes them hard to root for. I’m conflicted.

Likewise if FSU ever applies to the B1G we should symbolically vote against them as they actively campaigned against RU to join the ACC. Screw them. Shoe’s on the other foot and payback is a b*tch.

Silver spoon kids don't get much exposure to real basketball gyms 🤷‍♂️

She was on the older side so I thought maybe I was hurting her ears which in that case I would have stopped.

But when she told me “THAT’s NOT NICE” I couldn’t believe it and bursted out laughing.

A few other hilarious exchanges I had with her:

- When we were shooting our free throws I told her to have at it and yell and she responded with “I’m better than that”

- She told me she was from New Jersey and I told her that supporting Northwestern is what’s wrong with people in the state of New Jersey.

- She asked me what the whole arena was chanting at the refs after the horrid call and she was appalled when I said everyone was yelling “Ref you suck”.

First time in an arena … of any sort

Reactions: satnom and Scangg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT