ADVERTISEMENT

Observation on RU FB overall success

Sep 15, 2018
Not scientific, but I'm noticing that when prospective recruits tweet news of their Rutgers offers, they're almost all saying "Rutgers University", as opposed to "The University of Rutgers" or "The University of New Jersey" or some such twaddle.

This can only mean that we're improving, at least from a name recognition perspective.

Or something.

I think positive things happening in many aspects of athletics across the board have helped with this. I also think that consistent programming/ads in outlets like the Big 10 network doesn't hurt either.

Reactions: Scarlet83
Not scientific, but I'm noticing that when prospective recruits tweet news of their Rutgers offers, they're almost all saying "Rutgers University", as opposed to "The University of Rutgers" or "The University of New Jersey" or some such twaddle.

This can only mean that we're improving, at least from a name recognition perspective.

Or something.
I'll have you know that 98.6% of scientific facts posted online, especially percentages, are 69% less scientific than your post. So, you know, don't be so quick to dismiss the science behind your analysis of RU sports name-recognition.

To be on-topic, for a bit, I will say that I have noticed more and more block R magnets on cars during my multi-county pleasure drives. Maybe those are somewhat driven by academics, by people whose kids are attending RU. But I have had plenty of people start conversations with me when I'm wearing RU gear about football. And that's not really something that was happening two years ago.

To be fair, I have increased my shower rate to monthly, up from quarterly. So that might have something to do with it.

I get them from facebook posts copy and pasted by a high school buddy who went to Apex Tech.
That works too. Twitter memes are another extremely good source of reliable information. Complicating communication by requiring details and accuracy is so old fashioned.

To be on-topic, for a bit, I will say that I have noticed more and more block R magnets on cars during my multi-county pleasure drives. Maybe those are somewhat driven by academics, by people whose kids are attending RU. But I have had plenty of people start conversations with me when I'm wearing RU gear about football. And that's not really something that was happening two years ago.

To be fair, I have increased my shower rate to monthly, up from quarterly. So that might have something to do with it.
She is relentless.

And we all know who she is, right? 😎 ⚕️😷👩‍⚕️

Reactions: thegock and mildone

And you thought they were social distancing.

• Haha
Reactions: mildone
Well of course you do.
🤣

Most people would probably do far better to rely on you for facts than to rely on their favorite network news channels, their favorite websites, twitter, facebook, or chain emails, whatever they may be.

I get some good info from Nicki Minaj's cousin's friend. He has a lot of time to do his own research, after his wedding was called off on account of the swollen balls he got from the vax.

• Haha
Reactions: thegock
I get some good info from Nicki Minaj's cousin's friend. He has a lot of time to do his own research, after his wedding was called off on account of the swollen balls he got from the vax.
Pretty sure that was from the other V-word medical procedure (vasectomy) that he had the day before the vax. He probably got confused or something.

I was hoping for a third arm from my vax. No such luck. 😟

Wikipedia is my go to source.
Dude! That's way too wordy a source.

A picture is worth a thousand words and a meme is worth a thousand and a few more or so even. Momma, my momma, momma says: why sift through nuance when ya can cut right to the chase with a nice absolutist meme?

I'll have you know that 98.6% of scientific facts posted online, especially percentages, are 69% less scientific than your post. So, you know, don't be so quick to dismiss the science behind your analysis of RU sports name-recognition.
Ah bullsh*t, you know you just like the number 69.

Last edited:
Reactions: mildone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT