ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2018-19 NY Mets Offseason "Hot Stove" Thread

Duly noted. Just saying that the package they sent for Cano/Diaz wouldve gotten Realmuto and a top prospect. Or Maybe the Mets 2 or 3 Top 3 prospects wouldve been enough for Realmuto.

Yup. I fear including Kelenic is going to bite them in the ass.

Last edited:
Duly noted. Just saying that the package they sent for Cano/Diaz wouldve gotten Realmuto and a top prospect. Or Maybe the Mets 2 or 3 Top 3 prospects wouldve been enough for Realmuto.
I’d rather Diaz and Cano for that package over getting a catcher not named Piazza, Carter or Bench.
Diaz alone would have led the Mets to 10 additional wins last year.

Reactions: RuBird
No way.......Just sign Ramos......sign Pollock

Don't like Pollack. Mets players already routinely go on the DL by getting mutilated by taxi doors, spinal stenosis, contracting desert fever, hand-foot-and-mouth disease, thoratic outlet syndrome,etc. We don't need a player who already has an extensive history of injuries.

Don't like Pollack. Mets players already routinely go on the DL by getting mutilated by taxi doors, spinal stenosis, contracting desert fever, hand-foot-and-mouth disease, thoratic outlet syndrome,etc. We don't need a player who already has an extensive history of injuries.
Lol. I hear ya. I can't live with lagares in cf however

Reactions: Mr Magoo
I agree. The Mets best prospect is a SS in double A. Nimmo is a 4th outfielder on most teams. Rosario hasn’t shown much
Look at last season's OPS rankings and tell me Nimmo is a 4th outfielder.

NY Post now reporting that Realmuto talks are fading. Marlins demanding two centerpieces and Mets' offer is not close. Catcher focus now shifting to the free agent trio.

Grandal would have elicited tears if he a donned a Mets uni in October. K central and couldn’t even catch a ball.

https://www.sny.tv/mets/news/mets-name-chili-davis-new-hitting-coach-for-2019-season/301621082

Mets name Chili Davis new hitting coach for 2019 season

Chuck Hernandez named new bullpen coach and Luis Rojas hired as newly-created quality control coach

Davis, 58, joins the Mets from Chicago after serving as the Cubs hitting coach in 2018. He was Oakland's hitting coach from 2012-14 and Boston's hitting coach from 2015-17. The Cubs led the NL with a .258 batting average and ranked second with a .333 OBP under Davis.

OT:
Will any of you Met fans agree...Lee Mazzilli was one of the most popular Mets in their history?
WTH ever happened to him? One minute he was the Mets future, the next minute he was gone.

Mazzilli left in 82 in a trade that brought back Ron Darling. And then he was back, as part of the 86 championship team.

Mazilli was traded for Darling and Walt Terrill Great trade. Terrill later traded for Howard Johnson.

Mazilli was signed as a free agent in the summer of '86 which allowed the Mets to cut the under producing George Foster in August 1986.

OT:
Will any of you Met fans agree...Lee Mazzilli was one of the most popular Mets in their history?
Maz was only real popular when he started his career in the late 70s. Met fans yearned for super stardom for him and he wasn't that type of player unfortunately. Joe Torre loved him and brought him under his wings when he managed the Yankees as a coach. Maz would not make the Top 10 of all time favorite Mets and I think he'd make the Top 25 or so but more closer to 25 than 10. The young girls loved him....maybe he'd be in the Top 3 with the ladies...:). When Maz was traded in the early 80's we got Darling and Terrell for him from Texas. Maz did play on the 86 WS Team albeit a limited role player but glad for him to win a ring as he endured tough years in the late 70's.

Reactions: redking
Maz was only real popular when he started his career in the late 70s. Met fans yearned for super stardom for him and he wasn't that type of player unfortunately. Joe Torre loved him and brought him under his wings when he managed the Yankees as a coach. Maz would not make the Top 10 of all time favorite Mets and I think he'd make the Top 25 or so but more closer to 25 than 10. The young girls loved him....maybe he'd be in the Top 3 with the ladies...:). When Maz was traded in the early 80's we got Darling and Terrell for him from Texas. Maz did play on the 86 WS Team albeit a limited role player but glad for him to win a ring as he endured tough years in the late 70's.
As an opponent we respected Maz.
He played a good centerfield, hit the gaps from both sides of the plate and could run, we’d always take the extra base on him because he couldn’t throw.
In a pressure situation Hubie Brooks was the tougher out.
My perspective comes from playing SS against the both of them and who I’d rather see up with the tying run on 3rd with two outs.

Hubie Brooks, Maz and Bad Dude.
Maybe Joel Youngblood??
John Stearns. Yeah the dude had more doubles than singles or so it seemed. Liked Hubie and Youngblood as well. Loved Kingman when he made contact. Hit some really long and high HRs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT