OT: 2024 NY Mets Season Thread

Mark Vientos

Marky mark

OR

Dora

Come on vientos everybody let’s go ???

mark wahlberg 90s GIF

Reactions: RUfinally2008
There are 9 teams within 1.5 games of the last WC spot, crazy.
As of today, Washington and St. Louis have the last two wild card spots in the National League. The Mets are only a game back of both. But there are five teams between the Mets and Washington/St.Louis -- San Diego, Arizona, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and San Francisco -- and Cincinnati is only a half game behind the Mets. But the loss column is at least equally important because a game you've lost is a game you can never get back. None of those six teams have lost fewer games than the Mets, and all but Pittsburgh and Arizona have lost more. If the Mets get hot . .. As Tug McGraw said, you gotta believe!

Last edited:
Back to the stadium thing:

Phils 2, but somehow not the Vet!
Yanks 2
Mets 1
Fenway
Wrigley, for Bruce
Camden Yards
Colorado
Oakland
Candlestick
Anaheim
Houston
Rangers
Brewers

Girl needs to push that puppy out quick.

What's the going rate these days on paternity leave?
No idea what you are asking, but paternity leave is a maximum of three games. I assume Torrens will take the maximum, and thus miss the Cub series. Given the off days before and after, I assume Alvarez will play all three games.

Reactions: RU-05
3 Mets
3 Yankees
2 Pirates
2 Phillies
2 Braves
Riverfront
Kingdome
Fenway
Wrigley
Montreal
Camden Yards
Nationals
Cleveland
Miami
Arizona

All for baseball
Yes I am old!
Interesting on stadiums. To the best Of my memory:

Shea
Citifield
Yankee (3 stadiums)
Fenway
Toronto (2)
Philadelphia (2)
Washington ( old stadium)
Camden yards
Marlins Stadium
Wrigley
Dodger Stadium
Oakland Memorial
Petco (San Diego)
Seattle

If people know Piscataway Mike , he’s been to 25 of the 30 current stadiums and I’m sure countless of the older stadiums.

Interesting on stadiums. To the best Of my memory:

Shea
Citifield
Yankee (3 stadiums)
Fenway
Toronto (2)
Philadelphia (2)
Washington ( old stadium)
Camden yards
Marlins Stadium
Wrigley
Dodger Stadium
Oakland Memorial
Petco (San Diego)
Seattle

If people know Piscataway Mike , he’s been to 25 of the 30 current stadiums and I’m sure countless of the older stadiums.
What a list! When you say you were at the old stadium in Washington, I assume you mean RFK, where the expansion team played. The original Senators played at Griffith Stadium, which was demolished in the 1960s.

I have not been to anywhere near that number of stadiums. But I have watched baseball in Candlestick Park in San Francisco, the old Comiskey Stadium in Chicago, and Memorial Stadium in Baltimore in addition to a few of the stadiums on your list. I wish I had seen as many as you have.

What a list! When you say you were at the old stadium in Washington, I assume you mean RFK, where the expansion team played. The original Senators played at Griffith Stadium, which was demolished in the 1960s.

I have not been to anywhere near that number of stadiums. But I have watched baseball in Candlestick Park in San Francisco, the old Comiskey Stadium in Chicago, and Memorial Stadium in Baltimore in addition to a few of the stadiums on your list. I wish I had seen as many as you have.
RFK. Not Griffith Stadium. Lol

Regret not being able to go to Pittsburgh / Anaheim / SF / Cleveland ballparks yet as I have had opportunities to do so.

Think Terrance Gore. Only teams with postseason aspirations have any use for this type of player.
Perhaps I'm wrong, but to me there is a difference between trading a guy and dfa'ing him. The latter basically says he's not even the 40th best player in your organization. But the good news in what you say is that it means the Mets really do have postseason aspirations. Perhaps that means they'll hang on to Alonso despite speculation to the contrary.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but to me there is a difference between trading a guy and dfa'ing him. The latter basically says he's not even the 40th best player in your organization. But the good news in what you say is that it means the Mets really do have postseason aspirations. Perhaps that means they'll hang on to Alonso despite speculation to the contrary.
If the Mets remain at the periphery of playoff eligibility at the deadline, I think they'll take a "hold" strategy, neither buy nor sell. Although I can see them trading away a veteran starting pitcher if they get the right deal, as they would be trading from surplus. They are not trading Alonso if they are still in the hunt. TBH, he wouldn't bring all that much back.

If the Mets remain at the periphery of playoff eligibility at the deadline, I think they'll take a "hold" strategy, neither buy nor sell. Although I can see them trading away a veteran starting pitcher if they get the right deal, as they would be trading from surplus. They are not trading Alonso if they are still in the hunt. TBH, he wouldn't bring all that much back.
You're assuming the Mets' front office and ownership is as smart as you are. I saw a piece a couple of weeks ago in The Athletic saying that Houston and the Yankees are pretty desperate for help at 1B. But Alonso is not the only possible target. Here's a link, but the story is behind a paywall:

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/55...dog-story-the-trade-market-for-first-basemen/

Alonso would bring back pretty good talent.

And I sure hope that this front office is smarter at baseball than all of us.

Sean Reid-Foley to IL, Danny Young back up.

Kudos to the Mets broadcasters Wednesday night. They made a point that something seemed wrong with how Reid-Foley was throwing. If they could see it, shouldn't the coaches and trainers?

Never I never gave up , just didn’t want to watch a bunch of mopey bitches playing horrendous baseball. They finally had a meeting where team realized they had a bunch of mopey bitches and decided to put there big boy major league pants on.

LFGM !!!!!!!

never give up GIF

That being said I HATE watching a 6-7 265lb pitcher who throws 97mph nibble on the corners all damn day

Last edited:
Reactions: SAE96
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT