ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Mets Season Thread

Last thing it's going to be another really good barometer playing Houston this weekend as they're the other hottest team in the league right now. Winners of 7 in a row and also back at .500 after they were really struggling. The schedule eases up a tad after this weekend with 2 series against the Nats, 1 with Pitt, and going into the ASB with the Rockies also known as the worst team in the NL.

Verlander still not back yet and their manager said he's still not working back yet so looking more and more like we might get that $17.5 million back for next year. That's not pocket change!

I was hoping for one more as I didn't get to go to any of the previous ones. Sucks too because Binghamton also only plays at Somerset once in August. You'd think they there would be at least 2 series home and away between these teams.
As you know (but others may not) the minor league scheduling convention is that you play six game series from Tuesday to Sunday, and take Monday off. This cuts down on travel, but also on the number of opportunities to see a visiting team.

Last edited:
Now that we've made the long climb back to .500 let's take off from here. And hope to never see .500 again this season. What a month. The move of Lindor to leadoff along with the emergence of Vientos and the return of Alvarez have been the catalysts. Not to mention the improved hitting of Nimmo and Bader. Marte had been solid before going down. At least offensively. And J.D is J.D. Just a professional RBI man.

Alvarez is by far the best prospect the Mets have had in a while. There's nothing not to like about him (though he could start throwing out more runners). That said, he's hot. I'd like to see him do it in the long run before deciding that he's arrived. But I hope so.

Clifford's power is very good, but not earth shattering. Three outcome guys are less appealing these days. He needs to develop more rounded offensive skills. He's down to .179 in AAA. Ugh.
Small sample size, but so far, Torrens has produced nicely on offense. Seems to be a definite upgrade over Nido and worth keeping unless a larger sample size shows regression:

I was hoping for one more as I didn't get to go to any of the previous ones. Sucks too because Binghamton also only plays at Somerset once in August. You'd think they there would be at least 2 series home and away between these teams.
It’s almost like they do it on purpose. LOL

Which I know isn’t true, but still.🤷‍♂️

I was away so sorry for not having the minors updates last week.

Brett Baty is destroying AAA as per usual. He hit 2 more HR's and is currently throwing up an OPS of 1.188. I added Wilkin Ramos to the minors list as he dominated AA and got promoted to AAA. He's probably our best RP prospect so someone to keep an eye on who can maybe help later this year or next. Some older guys doing well in AAA but older like Luke Ritter(.859) and Carlos Cortes(.878) might come up as bench. I'd have Ritter up over Gamel or Stewart but they didn't go in that direction obviously.

Some other promotions were Jesus Baez to Brooklyn and our highest Latin American bonus baby last IFA period Daiverson Gutierrez moving from DSL to the states and FCL. If I missed anything else I will update in the thread.

June 26 Mets Farm Report (Top 30 Prospects per MLB Pipeline)

AVG/OPS or E.R.A (W-L) (S)

1. Jett Williams SS/CF (AA Binghamton) - Injured
  2. Drew Gilbert OF (AAA Syracuse) - Injured
  3. Christian Scott RHP (AAA Syracuse) - DNP
  4. Ryan Clifford OF/1B (AA Binghamton) - PPD
  5. Luisangel Acuna SS/2B (AAA Syracuse) - 2/5, RBI, .275/.704
  6. Ronny Mauricio 2B/SS/OF (NY Mets) - Injured; Out for Season
  7. Colin Houck SS (Low A St. Lucie) - 1/4, RBI, .200/.609
  8. Marco Vargas INF (Low A St. Lucie) - Injured
  9. Kevin Parada C (AA Binghamton) - PPD
  10. Blade Tidwell RHP (AAA Syracuse) - DNP
  11. Mike Vasil RHP (AAA Syracuse) - 6.0 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 5 K, 0 HR, 6.52, W(3-4)
  12. Jeremy Rodriguez SS (Rookie FCL Mets) - 2/5, R, RBI, 2 K, .279/.741
  13. Brandon Sproat RHP (AA Binghamton) - PPD
  14. Dominic Hamel RHP (AAA Syracuse) - DNP
  15. Jacob Reimer 3B/1B (High A Brooklyn) - Injured
  16. Alex Ramirez OF (AA Binghamton) - PPD
  17. Yovanny Rodriguez C (DSL Mets Orange) - Off
  18. Tyler Stuart RHP (AA Binghamton) - PPD
  19. Nolan McLean RHP/DH (AA Binghamton) - PPD
  20. Jonah Tong RHP (High A Brooklyn) - 6.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 11 K, 0 HR, 3.38
  21. Ronald Hernandez C/1B (Low A St. Lucie) - 2/5, 3 K, .288/.769
  22. Jesus Baez SS/2B (High A Brooklyn) - 1/4, 2B(2), K, SB(1), .250/.750
  23. Calvin Ziegler RHP (High A Brooklyn) - Injured; TJS Out for Season
  24. Wilfredo Lara OF/3B (High A Brooklyn) - DNP
  25. Boston Baro SS/3B (Low A St. Lucie) - 2/5, K, .264/.764
  26. Nick Morabito OF (High A Brooklyn) - 1/4, K, .294/.754
  27. Raimon Gomez RHP (High A Brooklyn) - Injured
  28. Joander Suarez RHP (AA Binghamton) - PPD
  29. Saul Garcia RHP (Low A St. Lucie) - DNP
  30. Rhylan Thomas OF (AAA Syracuse) - 2/4, 2B(8), 3 R, .255/.769
Honorable Mention

• Wilkin Ramos RHP (AAA Syracuse) - DNP
  • Douglas Orellana (High A Brooklyn) - Injured
  • Kade Morris RHP (High A Brooklyn) - DNP
  • Christopher Suero C/IF/OF (High A Brooklyn) - DNP
  • Jeffry Rosa OF (Low A St. Lucie) - 0/4, 2 K, .153/.507
  • Jack Wenninger RHP (Low A St. Lucie) - 4.2 IP, 10 H, 6 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 7 K, 1 HR, 5.43, L(2-4)
  • Joel Diaz RHP (Low A St. Lucie) - DNP
  • Willy Fanas OF (Low A St. Lucie) - 2/4, 2B(4), R, 2 RBI, K, .200/.585
  • A.J. Ewing 2B/CF (Low A St. Lucie) - 0/3, R, BB, 3 K, .231/.714
  • Jake Zitella 1B/3B (Rookie FCL Mets) - 1/3, 3B(1), R, BB, .277/.768
  • Branny De Oleo SS/2B (Rookie FCL Mets) - 1/4, R, K, SB(3), .198/.553
  • Simon Juan OF (Rookie FCL Mets) - 0/3, BB, .281/.870
  • Daiverson Gutierrez C (Rookie FCL Mets) - DNP
Not sure if I ever thanked you for doing this. Appreciate it. My question for you, who do you see getting a call up? Memeory serves me correctly September call ups now are capped.

How quickly the worm can turn. from the legendary kbee. 😁
I almost feel sorry for Mets fans...almost.
I called a friend who is as big a Mets fan as there is the other day and I asked him what he thought of his team this year. He gave me the old "We're only a few games out of a playoff spot. Once you're in anything can happen".
I called him back this morning and all he said was "Baseball season is over. I'm focusing on the upcoming football season and my Jets".
That guy called me last night in the middle of the disaster. He had the nerve to remind me of how good his team looked.
I, of course, reminded him of his " focusing on the Jets" comment.
He just said that things change quickly.
I just told him to calm down. It's a long season. Most teams have their ups and downs.
And my team is in first place.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
Not sure if I ever thanked you for doing this. Appreciate it. My question for you, who do you see getting a call up? Memeory serves me correctly September call ups now are capped.
Scott should be up again somewhat soon. Acuna will be up at some point. After that it might depend on when Gilbert comes back and what he looks like coming off the injury. It will also depend on other guys injuries/performance but not sure we see much else after that. These things change quick though.

I think the Mets infield next year is Vientos 1B, Lindor SS, with Acuna, Mauricio, and Baty battling for the other two positions. I don't think Stearns is committed to Alonso. I think Stearns is looking elsewhere for his 2025 starman - not looking far, just across the Harlem River.
Would be disappointing...You think the entire infield is going to be a single established player?

That guy called me last night in the middle of the disaster. He had the nerve to remind me of how good his team looked.
I, of course, reminded him of his " focusing on the Jets" comment.
He just said that things change quickly.
I just told him to calm down. It's a long season. Most teams have their ups and downs.
And my team is in first place.
You should also talk to your buddies that earlier in the year- were calling the Judge contract a disaster

I think the Mets infield next year is Vientos 1B, Lindor SS, with Acuna, Mauricio, and Baty battling for the other two positions. I don't think Stearns is committed to Alonso. I think Stearns is looking elsewhere for his 2025 starman - not looking far, just across the Harlem River.
Alonso’s ok but not great year combined with so many Mets now hitting puts Stearns in a good position if he wants to sign Pete for relatively cheap.

If he’s not looking to sign him do they just play out the season and let him walk?

Alonso’s ok but not great year combined with so many Mets now hitting puts Stearns in a good position if he wants to sign Pete for relatively cheap.

If he’s not looking to sign him do they just play out the season and let him walk?
Yup they'll just QO him and we'll get a pick in return. I think since we're in luxury tax it is a 4th rounder.

Lindor isn't established?

We'll see how Vientos goes rest of year as well. McNeil needs to turn it around but not looking promising.
Based on the post I replied to…he IS the single established player. You must have misread what I said

I’m thinking it would lean this way. A bad year of .250 35 90 drops his market value way down anywhere but here.

If he has numbers like that, he’ll do fine.
His expected numbers are .250 40+ 110+
35/90 does not set him apart from anyone else at a position that doesn’t pay. If he was 45/120 this year- he would have found a 7/200 type contract. Most likely going to be more like 6/150. And he makes much more in endorsements here

Reactions: Rutgers NJ
So like the majority of the country waiting on the Presidential debate and went shopping. Load up my computer and see someone down 8-0,early. WTF

Sproat was up to 100 last night. I think they'll err on the side of the caution with him and he'll be up at some point next year but he could probably help late this year if needed for some reason.

June 27 Mets Farm Report (Top 30 Prospects per MLB Pipeline)

AVG/OPS or E.R.A (W-L) (S)

1. Jett Williams SS/CF (AA Binghamton) - Injured
  2. Drew Gilbert OF (AAA Syracuse) - Injured
  3. Christian Scott RHP (AAA Syracuse) - DNP
  4. Ryan Clifford OF/1B (AA Binghamton) - 0/3, RBI, .174/.825
  5. Luisangel Acuna SS/2B (AAA Syracuse) - 0/4, 2 K, .271/.696
  6. Ronny Mauricio 2B/SS/OF (NY Mets) - Injured; Out for Season
  7. Colin Houck SS (Low A St. Lucie) - 1/3, HR(3), R, RBI, 2 K, .202/.627
  8. Marco Vargas INF (Low A St. Lucie) - Injured
  9. Kevin Parada C (AA Binghamton) - 2/4, 2B(10), R, 2 K, .211/.653
  10. Blade Tidwell RHP (AAA Syracuse) - DNP
  11. Mike Vasil RHP (AAA Syracuse) - DNP
  12. Jeremy Rodriguez SS (Rookie FCL Mets) - Off
  13. Brandon Sproat RHP (AA Binghamton) - 6.0 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 3 K, 0 HR, 1.94, W(3-0)
  14. Dominic Hamel RHP (AAA Syracuse) - 7.0 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 9 K, 1 HR, 6.64, L(2-4)
  15. Jacob Reimer 3B/1B (High A Brooklyn) - Injured
  16. Alex Ramirez OF (AA Binghamton) - 2/5, 2B(14), 2 R, RBI, K, .248/.684
  17. Yovanny Rodriguez C (DSL Mets Orange) - 0/3, K, .159/.651
  18. Tyler Stuart RHP (AA Binghamton) - DNP
  19. Nolan McLean RHP/DH (AA Binghamton) - DNP
  20. Jonah Tong RHP (High A Brooklyn) - DNP
  21. Ronald Hernandez C/1B (Low A St. Lucie) - 1/3, 2 R, BB, .288/.770
  22. Jesus Baez SS/2B (High A Brooklyn) - 2/4, K, .333/.833
  23. Calvin Ziegler RHP (High A Brooklyn) - Injured; TJS Out for Season
  24. Wilfredo Lara OF/3B (High A Brooklyn) - 0/2, R, 2 BB, K, .215/.630
  25. Boston Baro SS/3B (Low A St. Lucie) - 1/4, R, .263/.758
  26. Nick Morabito OF (High A Brooklyn) - 0/3, 2 K, .288/.744
  27. Raimon Gomez RHP (High A Brooklyn) - Injured
  28. Joander Suarez RHP (AA Binghamton) - DNP
  29. Saul Garcia RHP (Low A St. Lucie) - 3.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 4 BB, 5 K, 0 HR, 5.58
  30. Rhylan Thomas OF (AAA Syracuse) - 0/3, .248/.749
Honorable Mention

• Wilkin Ramos RHP (AAA Syracuse) - DNP
  • Douglas Orellana (High A Brooklyn) - Injured
  • Kade Morris RHP (High A Brooklyn) - 6.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 7 K, 0 HR, 4.54, L(1-2)
  • Christopher Suero C/IF/OF (High A Brooklyn) - 0/4, 3 K, .208/.678
  • Jeffry Rosa OF (Low A St. Lucie) - 0/3, RBI, BB, 2 K, .149/.500
  • Jack Wenninger RHP (Low A St. Lucie) - DNP
  • Joel Diaz RHP (Low A St. Lucie) - DNP
  • Willy Fanas OF (Low A St. Lucie) - 0/2, K, .196/.580
  • A.J. Ewing 2B/CF (Low A St. Lucie) - 2/4, 2B(5), 2 RBI, K, .246/.744
  • Jake Zitella 1B/3B (Rookie FCL Mets) - Off
  • Branny De Oleo SS/2B (Rookie FCL Mets) - Off
  • Simon Juan OF (Rookie FCL Mets) - Off
  • Daiverson Gutierrez C (Rookie FCL Mets) - Off

0-5
12-3
10-25
17-6

The wild ebbs and flows of the Mets season have led to 39-39 after 78 games.

17 straight games until the ASB. Big series against a red hot Astros team before a stretch of 14 games @WSH, @PIT, vs. WSH and vs. COL.

They've hit the first goal of getting back to .500. Now make your move.

Reactions: RUforJERSEY
0-5
12-3
10-25
17-6

The wild ebbs and flows of the Mets season have led to 39-39 after 78 games.

17 straight games until the ASB. Big series against a red hot Astros team before a stretch of 14 games @WSH, @PIT, vs. WSH and vs. COL.

They've hit the first goal of getting back to .500. Now make your move.
yeah- it has been crazy.

What is crazy- with the recent flurry of offense- this team is now even in top 10 of almost every offensive category for the year. I you break down the last 30/15/7 days of offense- it is insane but I was surprised it was enough to lift the entire year up so much.

Pitching pitching- oh man

BTW- does Lugo become our 2nd biggest regret after Wheeler?

yeah- it has been crazy.

What is crazy- with the recent flurry of offense- this team is now even in top 10 of almost every offensive category for the year. I you break down the last 30/15/7 days of offense- it is insane but I was surprised it was enough to lift the entire year up so much.

Pitching pitching- oh man

BTW- does Lugo become our 2nd biggest regret after Wheeler?
I'm sure Nolan Ryan and others rate higher.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT