ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Yankees Season Thread

When you look at the contributions of Torres, Rizzo, and LeMahieu so far this season it's amazing that the Yanks have the best record in MLB.
Baltimore starting Tuesday should be a real test.

Reactions: MitchLL
Ben Rice called up to replace Rizzo at first base.
Rizzo expected to be out for 4-6 weeks.

Nice to be able to give this kid a trial before the trade deadline to see if we need to make a deal. Could be a blessing in disguise.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Judge HBP - left hand - removed from the game.

Last edited:
It looks like the Yanks dodged a bullet with the Judge HBP.
The season almost came crashing down. He said he hopes to be in the lineup Wednesday.
Cortes delivered tonight.
Now on to Cole Wednesday.
If this wasn’t Cole’s first start back from rehab, I might expect a little payback.

How many cable/streaming subscriptions do you now need, and pay for, to watch Yankee games?

Clay Holmes...LOL.

Still fvcking dogshit.

Closers that can't get crucial strike outs when needed aren't good closers.

Cashman better find a REAL closer at the deadline and put Holmes where he belongs as a setup guy.

Reactions: Rutgers NJ
Clay Holmes...LOL.

Still fvcking dogshit.

Closers that can't get crucial strike outs when needed aren't good closers.

Cashman better find a REAL closer at the deadline and put Holmes where he belongs as a setup guy.
So it looks like we need a closer and some other bullpen help, a second baseman, a catcher, a first baseman, and a third baseman. All of these for a team that has the best record in MLB.

I was on Cot's contracts yesterday and looking at the Yankee payroll for the next few years. If a couple of young kids like Rice, Vivas or any other infield prospect can stick around in the majors, we'll be in pretty good shape going forward.

Rizzo, Torres - Gone after this season
DJ - Gone after 2026
Stanton - Gone after 2027

We've been complaining about Stanton for so long, it's hard to believe that we're actually getting close to the end of his contract!

Honestly, we already rely a lot on young talent that is under club control and let the stars do their thing. Hopefully we can hit on a few more.

Torres injured.
Hopefully an opportunity for Jorbit Vivas or Caleb Durbin being called up.
Would be neat to see some young talent emerge. That said I never want to see someone get hurt - hopefully it’s nothing serious. I still pull for him even though he drives me crazy haha.

Torres injured.
Hopefully an opportunity for Jorbit Vivas or Caleb Durbin being called up.
For Durbin, I've actually seen comparisons made to Dustin Pedroia.
He is the same size, is an excellent contact hitter, and plays the game the way DP once did.

Reactions: bethlehemfan
Another brutal one.
1 run....3 hits.
Atlanta had 3 runs in the first inning. It just got worse from there.
Yankees bats virtually non-existent. Rodon abused from the first pitch.
Awful.

Speaking of "paybacks" - I got a funny Yogi story in my FB feed. Some here heard this already but new to me.

**The Unpredictable Legend: Jimmy Piersall**

Baseball is a game of legends, but few were as unpredictable and fascinating as Jimmy Piersall. Picture this: it's a sweltering day at Yankee Stadium, and Piersall steps up to bat against the formidable Whitey Ford. Just a couple of innings earlier, Ford had plunked a batter, stirring the pot of tension.

Piersall, never one to shy away from theatrics, leans into the ear of catcher Yogi Berra and mutters, "If that S.O.B. hits me, I’m going to take this bat and beat him to death. They think I’m crazy."

Yogi, known for his quick wit, coolly replies, "We don’t hit .220 hitters."

I guess Piersall was well known bi-polar

9BkCiOI.jpeg

Just like old times...12 strike outs for the Yankees. Three for Soto, two for Judge, Cabrera, and Rice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT