ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Yankees Season Thread

One silver lining is with opponents pitching with the lead, Judge will see more pitches. ☹️
As good as the starting pitching had been....it's done a 180.

Outside of Soto/Judge and a potential star in Volpe...the everyday lineup pretty much sux.

Cashman will once again have to decide whether to sell off the farm system to get a wildcard shot.

If they don't turn this thing around soon, Boston will pass them and they'll be sweating even making the playoffs.
How could everything go south at the same time ?

Reactions: 93RUDoc and MitchLL
5ZHyBk.jpg

Grisham with a bone headed play in CF today just shows how some of these clowns DGAF.
What Boone should have done immediately...yank his ass in the middle of the inning to send a message.

That's a problem top down.

Top line payroll, bottom feeder approach.

Last edited:
Honest question - Why bother committing to Soto and his eventual slide years from now when the entire rest of the offense except 2 guys sucks? As fun as they were to watch earlier in the year, they are brutal to watch now.

If the pitching doesn't rebound, they have no shot. Unbelievable.

Soto is one of the best players in the game. And he's 24. We need more offensive threats, not less.
Agree- even a 12 year contract only brings him to 37. And in the final 3 years, his salary may only be middle of the pack.

Remember what I said about not having a closer that can strike guys out?????

Clay Holmes ain't a closer!

Plus...throwing 30+ pitches means he's unavailable for Saturday.
Then Kahnle...FVCK THESE CLOWNS

Last edited:
Reactions: RUDave_01 and LJK80
Remember what I said about not having a closer that can strike guys out?????

Clay Holmes ain't a closer!

Plus...throwing 30+ pitches means he's unavailable for Saturday.
Then Kahnle...FVCK THESE CLOWNS
Every time they call Holmes a Closer, they insult
Mariano Rivera.
I DO NOT feel Cashman and Boone have a clue
as to what they are doing. You can't buy your
way thru this shi.... Baltimore has proved it, they took over the worst team ever. And are looking good. I have been a Yankee fan well over 70 years, and don't post negative about them, but
I am totally disgusted from Hal Steinbrenner down.

Reactions: MitchLL
Every time they call Holmes a Closer, they insult
Mariano Rivera.
I DO NOT feel Cashman and Boone have a clue
as to what they are doing. You can't buy your
way thru this shi.... Baltimore has proved it, they took over the worst team ever. And are looking good. I have been a Yankee fan well over 70 years, and don't post negative about them, but
I am totally disgusted from Hal Steinbrenner down.
This team is falling off a cliff.

Guys like Verdugo and now Volpe are really struggling.

Grisham and LeMahieu have no business starting. The only positive regarding Friday's game is Gleyber left with another injury. Hopefully...season ending.

The worst stat...the relief pitching hasn't had a save since June 16th.

Just a total collapse.

Shitshow.

Last edited:
In my 50 yrs of being a Yankees fan, I don't recall such a devastating turnaround seemingly on a dime, very demoralizing. How can professional pitchers lose it so fast? Why isnt Judge angry and breaking bones like Jeter would have done. What are we supposed to watch, the WNBA?. During this stretch until September, the Yankees are it-get your freaking act together.

In my 50 yrs of being a Yankees fan, I don't recall such a devastating turnaround seemingly on a dime, very demoralizing. How can professional pitchers lose it so fast? Why isnt Judge angry and breaking bones like Jeter would have done. What are we supposed to watch, the WNBA?. During this stretch until September, the Yankees are it-get your freaking act together.
The weird thing is- it seemed to happen when Stanton went down.

Reactions: 93RUDoc and MitchLL
This team is falling off a cliff.

Guys like Verdugo and now Volpe are really struggling.

Grisham and LeMahieu have no business starting. The only positive regarding Friday's game is Gleyber left with another injury. Hopefully...season ending.

The worst stat...the relief pitching hasn't had a save since June 16th.

Just a total collapse.

Shitshow.
Grisham and LeMahieu.
Those two automatic outs in your lineup is like The Mets playing Don Hahn, Dave Schneck and George Theodore against the Pirates with Dave Parker, Richie Zisk and Al Oliver.

Ok.....they seem to have solved the first base problem via the minors.
Now how about a second baseman and a third baseman ?

First Yankees rookie to hit three home runs in a game.
And seven RBIs.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT