ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anyone have any experience with a company that cleans up hoarding situations?

RULoyal

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jul 28, 2001
I looked at Serv Pro but someone told me they aren't great but really depends on the franchise. This would be for the Toms River area.

Lance Harvey, team Harvey servpro. He has bought up many of the smaller Servpro franchises. He is called upon to do many of the larger jobs in the tri state area by corporate.

Reactions: RULoyal
Whats the bio hazard Asbestos?
Or ya got some heavy metals, mercury, lead, acids, paints and solvents.

I looked at Serv Pro but someone told me they aren't great but really depends on the franchise. This would be for the Toms River area.
Whoever owns the home, have your insurance agent check for insurance coverage-sometimes it is covered. Had a "situation" years ago that was not as dire as yours, but critical timing-wise, and it was in the middle of summer, and did it myself with a junk pick up company. It was not fun.

These guys have good Google ratings and a location in Toms River.

Same for these guys in Bayville:

Reactions: redking and RULoyal
One of the Hoaders show counselors is my LinkedIn connection as is the father of one of the Battlebots robot maker of Whiplash.

Just rent a dumpster, go to the local Wawa and look for some cheap labor hanging out front
In Houston years ago, the company I worked for had a building we wanted to renovate but with the asbestos it was too expensive to renovate and cheaper to demolish the building. Instead, we sold the building as is revealing the asbestos to the new owners. I passed the building a couple months later and I see workers renovating the building without any protection or masks.

google is your friend

this one specifically states biohazard: https://www.bioonephilly.com/hoarding-cleaning-services/

google is your friend

this one specifically states biohazard: https://www.bioonephilly.com/hoarding-cleaning-services/

Google? Is that something new?

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Google? Is that something new?

it is!! It's replaced the Yellow Pages!!

yellow pages GIF

Reactions: Jm0513
I believe PuroClean does this type of work, try giving them a call: 732-454-7774
The owner Archie is a great guy and an alum.

East Front St in Plainfield, or Central Ave area, plenty of Mexicans around in the AM looking for work. Food waste and animal feces doesn't faze them,just supply gloves.

Good luck OP, but the situation reminds of a scene in Fargo Season 1. Lester Nygaard (Martin Freeman) calls a cleaning company to get rid of blood stains from a pair of murders committed in his house.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT