ADVERTISEMENT

OT: A's could be moving

Just build a new ballpark next to the current one. Site they are talking about involves cleaning up a hundred years of ground pollution, displacing businesses, no place for tailgating. Corona might make raising funds harder, but plenty of cities out there—San Antonio, Charlotte, Las Vegas, Memphis, Portland, Montreal, maybe even Salt Lake City and Austin.

Reactions: ScarletDave
Oakland is a poophole…they’d be wise to GTFO. It would be awesome if Vegas were to take their football and baseball. The warriors already bolted for more expensive SF!

Maybe Kaitlyn can make keeping them in Cali one of her campaign promises!

Oakland is a poophole…they’d be wise to GTFO. It would be awesome if Vegas were to take their football and baseball. The warriors already bolted for more expensive SF!

Maybe Kaitlyn can make keeping them in Cali one of her campaign promises!
It was great for the Raiders to make the move. No regrets! Oakland is a mess.

Vegas is the most likely destination if they move, but will Sin City be willing to spend the money to build a stadium for the A's.
The Roomba the Raiders play in might not be a baseball friendly facility
Portland is another destination that might be willing to spend the bucks it would take to build a stadium and have the Portland A's play there.
SF Giants have territorial rights to San Jose and have used those rights, in the past. to keep the A's out of Santa Clara County.

Sports teams are no different than companies or ppl. They move where they’re treated best . They’re leaving crappy deep blue states run by “progressives” for states that are business friendly & growing in population. NJ...yeah right! Portland, Or... yeah right! There’s rumors that the Orioles will leave for Nashville once their lease is up

Sports teams are no different than companies or ppl. They move where they’re treated best . They’re leaving crappy deep blue states run by “progressives” for states that are business friendly & growing in population. NJ...yeah right! Portland, Or... yeah right! There’s rumors that the Orioles will leave for Nashville once their lease is up
Like the way you put in politics, but Portland is considered a top choice, even if some think progress needs to be stopped .
Seems like the citizens in GOP controlled states need more public assistance ( percentage wise) to survive , while progressive states seem to have more in a better financial way ( percentage wise) . So it stands to reason the progressive states you're implying are no good arew in reality a better place for the A's to have fans be able to afford going to the games regularly because of making a decent wage rather than a few times a Red State resident can afford to go because the cost to attend is a big financial drain on the low wages earned
Actually Portland's economic situation is a good one for the A;s , though Vegas might be the City to put up the stadium bucks more easily .

The original New Jersey Meadowlands Sports Complex proposal had renderings including a big baseball stadium. For years, I had the photo from the Star-Ledger but lost it somewhere along the line. The State Aquarium was going to be there. There was talk of a jai alai fronton too.

Reactions: TM94goRU
The current Oakland Coliseum is an absolute joke for baseball. Has been for a long time. I’m sure the team has to make some token effort to try and stay in the city, but the whole place is an absolute pit. Get out when you can A’s.

Former A’s VP Hammer will be disappointed, but go find a real Major League park and city.

Yep, 100%. I’m sure the Yankees and Dodgers will be announcing their new home cities any day now.

The current Oakland Coliseum is an absolute joke for baseball. Has been for a long time. I’m sure the team has to make some token effort to try and stay in the city, but the whole place is an absolute pit. Get out when you can A’s.

Former A’s VP Hammer will be disappointed, but go find a real Major League park and city.
MC Hammer should come up with a second hit too.

There is more to life than politics. Stop dragging everyone down with you.

So, after reading a bunch of articles about this, the Oakland Athletics are moving to Las Vegas or Nashville or San Jose or Charlotte or Portland or Vancouver or Salt Lake City. Writers are all over the place on this which means they are just making stuff up lol and throwing junk against the wall.

Reactions: RUPsyched
The original New Jersey Meadowlands Sports Complex proposal had renderings including a big baseball stadium. For years, I had the photo from the Star-Ledger but lost it somewhere along the line. The State Aquarium was going to be there. There was talk of a jai alai fronton too.
It was supposed to look like the one the Royals have in Kansas City.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
Like the way you put in politics, but Portland is considered a top choice, even if some think progress needs to be stopped .
Seems like the citizens in GOP controlled states need more public assistance ( percentage wise) to survive , while progressive states seem to have more in a better financial way ( percentage wise) . So it stands to reason the progressive states you're implying are no good arew in reality a better place for the A's to have fans be able to afford going to the games regularly because of making a decent wage rather than a few times a Red State resident can afford to go because the cost to attend is a big financial drain on the low wages earned
Actually Portland's economic situation is a good one for the A;s , though Vegas might be the City to put up the stadium bucks more easily .
No mlb owner is moving his team to Portland after all the violence there over the past year. Not happening. Vegas, Charlotte, Nashville, San Antonio - these would be candidate cities at the top of the heap.

I remember as a kid in the 80's, voters had a question on a baseball stadium in the Sports Complex at 16W. At that time, it was thought the San Francisco Giants would be the team moving.
I think the top 3 relocation destinations are Las Vegas, Nashville, and Vancouver. In that order.

So, after reading a bunch of articles about this, the Oakland Athletics are moving to Las Vegas or Nashville or San Jose or Charlotte or Portland or Vancouver or Salt Lake City. Writers are all over the place on this which means they are just making stuff up lol and throwing junk against the wall.
No one knows where they are going. But they aren't staying in Oakland.
I don't see Vegas as a favorite. It would require them to build another $2 billion domed stadium. Just don't see that happening.
Staying in the West makes it easy to avoid realignment but can any area without a team support one?
I thought San Jose is in Giants territory.
They will find a place. While they are at it the current A's ownership should sell. They just never spend.

No mlb owner is moving his team to Portland after all the violence there over the past year. Not happening. Vegas, Charlotte, Nashville, San Antonio - these would be candidate cities at the top of the heap.
Yeah- since there has been such a lack of violence in LV...

With that said- LV is the hot city to move sports teams to...for obvious reasons now that sports have gone full Pete Rose on us.
Can't see a Charlotte, Nashville or S.A. being able to support a team. I'm not sure how those cities will bring fans into a stadium during the summer and most people in those areas are not sitting in their living rooms watching TV during weekends to much either.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Apparently, Las Vegas is Number 1 in the country for Triple AAA teams and have a brand new stadium. Even for a year or two, 10,000 seats would be very small.

Just build a new ballpark next to the current one. Site they are talking about involves cleaning up a hundred years of ground pollution, displacing businesses, no place for tailgating. Corona might make raising funds harder, but plenty of cities out there—San Antonio, Charlotte, Las Vegas, Memphis, Portland, Montreal, maybe even Salt Lake City and Austin.
Because it’s California and they’re broke. People are leaving the state at record pace for multiple reasons. Politics, cost of living, taxes you name it.
Oakland is a dump. I’m sorry but it’s not a nice city. The city has refused for decades now to do anything about the stadium. It’s best the A’s move out of state.

And just wait till you hear who runs those cities and the whole state for Vegas.

Because it’s California and they’re broke. People are leaving the state at record pace for multiple reasons. Politics, cost of living, taxes you name it.
Oakland is a dump. I’m sorry but it’s not a nice city. The city has refused for decades now to do anything about the stadium. It’s best the A’s move out of state.

California has a 75B surplus

It doesn’t matter much to me, but I can’t see Oakland or many other smaller cities throwing in $855 million dollars to any sports project right now. Most of the articles I have seen mention that their fans want a new stadium next to the current one. —What is happening with a new stadium in Saint Petersburg or Tampa these days?

Yeah- since there has been such a lack of violence in LV...

With that said- LV is the hot city to move sports teams to...for obvious reasons now that sports have gone full Pete Rose on us.
Can't see a Charlotte, Nashville or S.A. being able to support a team. I'm not sure how those cities will bring fans into a stadium during the summer and most people in those areas are not sitting in their living rooms watching TV during weekends to much either.
Where do you get that last statement from? Seems kind of random.

Portland has been making a serious effort to attract a team. The A's in Portland? Now that would be a real riot!

At the end of the day the answer to what city gets the team is whatever city has an ownership group with the biggest ego and the best ability to extort obtain the most funding from the local government.
But that funding is an investment into the community, isn't it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT