ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Carli Lloyd Special Forces

newell138

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
Ocean City NJ via South Brunswick and Denville
Carli appearing on a new reality TV show that airs on Jan 4. Quite an interesting cast, from her and Mike Piazza to Jamie Lynn Spears and Anthony Scarramucci

Reactions: fg7321
Carli and one other were the only two to make it thru.

any chance Fox puts an American as a reality show host?
Fox buys the shows. And the people who make the shows try to sell it EVERYWHERE.. first in the English-speaking world.. then elsewhere. Why do you think you find all these Indian-sub-contitent actors in shows? They count as non-white for all the people checking boxes for diversity AND they might attract an audience in INDIA.

As for this show.. I'd imagine it was a British show that they brought to America.. like American Idol. And these people were involved in the British show... so why mess with that?

Looked it up.. here's the Wiki Page Looks like maybe they stole the idea for this show but did not use same cast, production. And it was on BBC2 and not Fox's British network

Last edited:
Thought the show was pretty good. Surprised Carli made it to the end, as she struggled.

Anyone who thinks the "training" they went through was anything like true military training is unreal. Probably the same people that think the contestants on the Bachelor are there for love too... Speaking of which, the other girl that finished was a former contestant. Shocked she made it to the end...

Personally, there is no way I complete half the tasks they did.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
Thought the show was pretty good. Surprised Carli made it to the end, as she struggled.

Anyone who thinks the "training" they went through was anything like true military training is unreal. Probably the same people that think the contestants on the Bachelor are there for love too... Speaking of which, the other girl that finished was a former contestant. Shocked she made it to the end...

They probably didn't complete them either. The wonders of editing.

Wait wut? Next you'll tell us there's no Santa...

The show is offensive to anyone who has ever undergone SERE training.
But for the 99.99% who haven't undergone or even know what SERE training entails, the show was entertaining. Kinda like when I watched ER, Grey's Anatomy, etc. and picked the show apart left and right. TV is made to entertain and capture the attention of as many people as possible and that majority doesn't know any better. That being said, I wasn't too thrilled with the ending. It seemed scripted to me. I'd enjoy trying something like this and wouldn't mind an amped up version of what I saw on TV.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT