ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Craig Carton Arrested (of Boomer and Carton)

Gee, I didn't know I had to do homework because someone wants to disagree with me. I only went through the first 4 pages on this thread and found these. I don't give a shit if this was in jest or not. It was posted as such.

"kapyocheAll Conference
WFAN should pay their people more so they don't get into financial trouble.

It seems like the only one that gets paid well is Mike."

"Proud NJ Sports FanAll American

It doesn't make sense, I doubt he's guilty."

"Crazed_RUSenior

Upstream said: ↑

But you'd figure that when he was $100K in the hole and struggling to pay (even with his huge income), he'd stop. And if he doesn't stop at $100K, then he's stop at $200K, or $500K. I don't understand how someone in his position can get to $3MM without realizing that he has a problem and needs to get help.

You need to really understand addiction. Same reason some alcoholics literally drink themselves to death."

"RUnTeX said: ↑

Having difficulty recgonizing you have a problem (or denial of same) is what makes addiction of any kind so troubling. Things tend to spiral out of control."
Fail to see defending, only see he was an out of control maniac addicted gambler that needs to go to jail.

Fail to see defending, only see he was an out of control maniac addicted gambler that needs to go to jail.
Ok... so we both agreed that he should be jailed. And disagree with wether people are defending him or not.

...and here comes the obligatory "my client is the victim" defense.

lionelhutz.gif
lionel_hutz_mousepad.jpg

Reactions: MikeR0102
Because people use it as a crutch.
A grown man made a bet , he lost. No excuses. End of story . I never found a gambler on a hot streak say he has a disease. But it's convienent to say when the bills come due.
giphy.gif

It's a 1956 Hot Rod Lincoln.

And ugly as sin -- but to each their own. My point was more along the lines of that car has nothing to do with what the song is talking about. The car that song is about was a 30's hot rod...closer in appearance to a Model A.

People don't really call cars like that "hot rods."

Last edited:
And ugly as sin -- but to each their own. My point was more along the lines of that car has nothing to do with what the song is talking about. The car that song is about was a 30's hot rod...closer in appearance to a Model A.

People don't really call cars like that "hot rods."
The original song came out in 1955, Commander Cody recut it in the 70's. BY then the V-12 Zephyrs were scare and expensive and they didn't have modern motors, unibody or profiles. Good old boys could turn those 56's into anything their imaginations could come up with. Mae (West that I posted) enjoyed great notoriety and popularity. She was in Hot Rod magazine dozens of times. The age of the Model A body style was left to collectors.

Last edited:
The original song came out in 1955, Commander Cody recut it in the 70's. BY then the V-12 Zephyrs were scare and expensive and they didn't have modern motors, unibody or profiles. Good old boys could turn those 56's into anything their imaginations could come up with. Mae (West that I posted) enjoyed great notoriety and popularity. She was in Hot Rod magazine dozens of times. The age of the Model A body style was left to collectors.

Be that as it may, the song is about a '30. You can google it. The car the song is about is a known car. It was a typical Model A style hot rod. Most people don't refer to 50's modified cars as hot rods. They are just "customs." A hot rod is generally the pre-war body styles.

Typical defense approach. But how do they explain Carton presenting forged contracts for concert tickets to get funding from prospective buyers and the emails with his fellow perps ? Carton's Foundation should be looked at as well. Camp Carton, too funny !
Look Mom....I got my merit badge in Blackjack, Texas hold 'em. We owe the Camp $394,000.00 Can I go back next year? Please?
Be that as it may, the song is about a '30. You can google it. The car the song is about is a known car. It was a typical Model A style hot rod. Most people don't refer to 50's modified cars as hot rods. They are just "customs." A hot rod is generally the pre-war body styles.
That's fine. The song was written in 1955 so it certainly wasn't written about a 1956 Lincoln. Speaking of Google I looked at images of "Hod Rod Lincolns" and decided that A. Most readers here wouldn't know a 1930 Lincoln from an Auburn so B. I picked the coolest looking one I could find that was pre-suicide doors. Mae West won the contest and as another poster noted.....it's may be the coolest 1950's Hot Rod Lincoln on the planet. But it's all subjective. I certainly like the 1930's as well.
I saw Commander Cody sing the song at a concert in NYC (Academy of Music?) and was actually blown away "Black Oak Arkansas" who I'd never heard of before. It was one of the first bands to put hot whorey girls on stage instead of hippy chicks that didn't shave their legs or armpits and wore Granny dresses. But that's another story.

Last edited:

Is Boomer Esaison the only guy to speak in a positive way about Carton ?

IMO Carton was, is, and always be an arrogant, loudmouth, selfish, dirtbag type of person. If he makes a comeback on radio in the future it will be in a small market town. And he will never work in NYC again.

I feel sorry for his family, but not for him. He has most likely bankrupted his wife and children for the foreseeable future. Some family man he turned out to be. I hope that his wife can secure a portion of his current assets and move on with her life.

Is Boomer Esaison the only guy to speak in a positive way about Carton ?

IMO Carton was, is, and always be an arrogant, loudmouth, selfish, dirtbag type of person. If he makes a comeback on radio in the future it will be in a small market town. And he will never work in NYC again.

I feel sorry for his family, but not for him. He has most likely bankrupted his wife and children for the foreseeable future. Some family man he turned out to be. I hope that his wife can secure a portion of his current assets and move on with her life.

I'm happy that if Carton reaches some sort of plea deal and gets witness protection, his children will have legitimate names unlike their current "Lucky, Mickey, and Sonny"

Carton's MO.

He thinks by going after the biggest name on his station (Gearhart on 101.5, Francesa on WFAN) it builds him up. He was, is and probably always will be an obnoxious jerk. He tried so hard to be Howard Stern but he just didn't make it.
Feel bad for his kids.
I wonder if Carton will use that same approach (going after the biggest name) while in federal pound me in the....

Reactions: Rokodesh

I actually used to listen to him and Rossi on 101.5 and the show was very good. He did go after Jim Gearhart a lot, but honestly, Jim G is an old dinosaur whose show was and is horrible.

Their show on 101.5 was mostly spent on the corruption and shady dealings going on in NJ and Trenton. Their goal was to shed light to the average listener how corrupt NJ politics was and they did a good job. I rarely listened to him on the FAN and honestly don't care what happens to him.

You have to figure anyone who names his children after characters in the Godfather has to have some serious issues.

Reactions: Knightmoves
I actually used to listen to him and Rossi on 101.5 and the show was very good. He did go after Jim Gearhart a lot, but honestly, Jim G is an old dinosaur whose show was and is horrible.

Their show on 101.5 was mostly spent on the corruption and shady dealings going on in NJ and Trenton. Their goal was to shed light to the average listener how corrupt NJ politics was and they did a good job. I rarely listened to him on the FAN and honestly don't care what happens to him.

You have to figure anyone who names his children after characters in the Godfather has to have some serious issues.

I loathed Jim Gearhart, for a man who did nothing but complain about New Jersey he should've left the state years ago. He never said anything positive about NJ, complained about everything, and it was just the same thing everyday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT