ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Decent chance of a nice weekend coming up (5/18-19)

Went up last year to Fort Wandsworth and watched the ships come into the harbor under the Verrazano. Great view.

Few years back I went on the deck of the Intrepid, also a really great view. Had to pay obviously, but was worth it for me. Might just go to a Pier this year depending on weather.

60347016_2314450165265223_2177817610442244096_n.jpg

Just like the winter weather was always 10 days away, the heat wave is always 10 days away in this pattern. We have a better chance of getting backdoored again, and winding up back in the 50's and rain.

its coming...delayed but not denied

GFS also aboard with heat for Memorial Day weekend

I don't usually do non-winter/tropical threads, but given how cool and wet it's been for quite some time, thought people might like to know that there's a decent chance of this coming weekend being nice, i.e., temps in the 70s for highs, and dry conditions, with abundant sunshine. Not a lock yet (there is some chance that the Friday night/Saturday early morning showers could shift ~6 hours later, as we're still 5 days out) but this is looking fairly likely. This is one forecast that I'm guessing everyone can get behind.

https://www.weather.gov/phi/

Looks like NYC will set a record low maximum temp today (48F vs. a record of 49F) and there are winter weather advisories up now for up to 6-12" of snow in parts of northern NH/NW Maine, at elevations above 2000 feet and 1-3" probable in the valleys. Crazy.

https://forecast.weather.gov/wwamap/wwatxtget.php?cwa=gyx&wwa=winter weather advisory

Today was spectacular. Was around 70F down in Asbury Park (was there for the TEDx event, which was pretty cool) and mostly in the upper 70s anywhere more than a few miles inland in NJ. Could be a nuisance sprinkle overnight, followed by another gorgeous day tomorrow with partly sunny skies and high temps in the upper 70s to lower 80s. Any showers should hold off until tomorrow mid/late evening. Could be a little breezy, which will be fine for everyone but the golfers at Bethpage.

This is a list of the Eastern US climate stations that have received measurable precipitation (at least 0.01") on at least 20 days since April 1st (last 45 days).

60307614_2316439051733001_1019942535369326592_n.jpg
Lots of rain! Our area is very green right now.

Lets hope tomorrow is as nice as today. Hopefully we will finally have a nice Sunday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT