ADVERTISEMENT

OT: DeLorenzo’s Gets a 9.2!!!!

Portnoys pizza reviews are terrible.

With that said both Delorenzo's are awesome as is Papa's. Some of the best in the state. We're lucky Jersey has so many great pizzerias with different styles all over.

New Haven style pizza is also excellent. They have like five or six places that are worth it. Modern might be the best.

Reactions: RUBOWLMAN78
Have any of you ever had Pepes in New Haven? Their pizza is fantastic.
I’ve had both Frank Pepe’s and Sally’s in New Haven since my daughter went to college there. Sally’s is the best pizza I ever had. DeLorenzo's is close but New Haven pizza is by far the best I ever had.

Reactions: Jerseydix51
The thing is Delorenzo’s and Papa's are tomato pies... Everything else is pizza. Big difference

We actually had Papa's for dinner tonight.. They deliver.

Papas is great for tomato pie. Average for the rest of the pizza menu.

As a Pizza connoisseur I can find different type of pizza better at different places. The only DeLos I like is their Pepperoni pizza. For Tomato Pie - Papa's. In Robbinsville Massimo's has a great Brooklyn Pie.

Pizza in PePe's was very thin, juicy and floppy but still great.

A average street slice in NYC isn't too bad either.

Nothing and I MEAN NOTHING was as good as the three slices I had from a pizzeria in Tuscany, Italy. Mayb e @MrsScrew remembers the exact city.

I can see Delos from my window. They don't deliver and we refuse to stand in line for an hour for pizza.

Plus the Bastards won't supply Parmesan to sprinkle on your pizza. Cheap Bastards. LOL

Not even real Italians that far south. You want good pizza/Italian food come up to the Italian triangle-Nutley, Belleville, Bloomfield. star tavern, ralphs, la Sicilia beat all those wannabes

What's the difference?

I grew up in Hamilton....it is the crust, fresh ingredients like in Italy, seasonal fresh....the White Clam Tomato Pie with its spices is an incredible taste. Fresh salads with seasonal fruit and local produce.

BYOB.

Had been waiting for the Prez to hit up both of those Robbinsville spots ..

Delorenzos >>>>>> Every place in NJ

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Well there you go. I’d say it Santiillo’s that’s not even in the “same galaxy” @RU-AGK lol!
Not that that guy's opinion means much, but if you watch the review after spending time in the back he ups his number but he has to respect his "one bite one number" rule.

There is Al, and there is everyone else.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Either of the Deloenzo's are great. So is Marucas in Seaside. They are all
Originally from Trenton. Great "tomato pie."
I wasn't impressed with Maruca's the last time I went there. That was just before the boardwalk fire. Maybe it was just a bad day.

Not that that guy's opinion means much, but if you watch the review after spending time in the back he ups his number but he has to respect his "one bite one number" rule.

There is Al, and there is everyone else.

Just having fun brotha

Reactions: RU-AGK
Delo's is great for tomato pie. Federici's in Freehold and Contes in Princeton for thin crust. We almost went to the Star Tavern in Orange last weekend but the movie ended late. There are so many that are worth the trip . It's Jersey. What do you expect?

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
There is one pizza joint here in San Antonio by a guy nicknamed “Big Lou” who hails (I am told) from Brooklyn.

luckily only 10 miles away...perhaps he can be my saving grace when it comes to pizza! :Pray: :Praying:

Reactions: MrsScrew
Also I got to DeLo's a few minutes after 7, and missed the chance to pop into what looked like a really nice Italian specialty food store cattycorner to th restaurant.

Also I got to DeLo's a few minutes after 7, and missed the chance to pop into what looked like a really nice Italian specialty food store cattycorner to th restaurant.

That's Dolce and Clemente. Expensive as you'd expect. Great selection. Great food to go. I told the @MrsScrew that we should delete the kitchen from our Condo plans since it's just across the street for us.

Reactions: RUJohnny
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT