ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Does anyone know anyone who has tested positive?

In 2009, Al Gore said there was a 75% likelihood that the North Pole would lose all its ice within 5 to 7 years. How'd that one turn out?
Al Gore also invented the internet. Not sure what your point has to do with the current situation other than to deny how serious it is.

I think his point is experts are not always right...

Again, something is off with the numbers. Is there a chance that we already hit peak and don’t know it? If China knew about this since late nov/early December and we didn’t stop travel until Jan 21, that means that at least 500k people traveled back and forth without any knowledge of what was going on. This assumes that the virus were only coming in from China and other countries were not affected yet. then people complained of flu like symptoms and pneumonia and doctors didn’t know so they treated it like a flu. All the flatten the curve talk assume the curve started in Jan and is based on bad numbers because of the amount of testing at the time.... we keep seeing more and more positive cases by the day not because people are getting sick but because we finally have accurate information.

seriously how could cases be drastically going up in NY when over the past week pretty much everything was shut down?

yeah...something is definitely off here. (hint hint...you have a mirror around?)

I just cant handle stupid any more...

Still no. Hoboken at 13 cases now (last night)...not bad at all...if there truly are about 95000 living in town (forget about the census, that # has been deemed very low for 20 years now), as per most estimates, that's 1 in 7500 or so in one of America’s most densely populated cities.

Reactions: Scarlet Shack
yeah...something is definitely off here. (hint hint...you have a mirror around?)

I just cant handle stupid any more...

So let me get this straight. John Hopkins who has been at the forefront of tracking this information based their curve off of community spread meaning 100 cases. How in the hell can this be accurate when we didn’t have substantial or legitimate testing until this week?

Have doctors not been complaining about increased respiratory issues this season before we had any clue about coronavirus?

Did the Chinese know about coronavirus in early December?

did we not stop travel until Jan 31?

Did approximately 14,000 people travel between USA and China per day prior to the ban?

Is it possible that people from other countries that did not institute a travel ban get it and travel here?

I am not sure what is wrong about what I am saying or asking other than you want complete compliance to what you think. When quite frankly a lot of the stuff out there doesn’t add up to the hysteria we are seeing.

Again, something is off with the numbers. Is there a chance that we already hit peak and don’t know it? If China knew about this since late nov/early December and we didn’t stop travel until Jan 21, that means that at least 500k people traveled back and forth without any knowledge of what was going on. This assumes that the virus were only coming in from China and other countries were not affected yet. then people complained of flu like symptoms and pneumonia and doctors didn’t know so they treated it like a flu. All the flatten the curve talk assume the curve started in Jan and is based on bad numbers because of the amount of testing at the time.... we keep seeing more and more positive cases by the day not because people are getting sick but because we finally have accurate information.

seriously how could cases be drastically going up in NY when over the past week pretty much everything was shut down?
I have never seen so much dangerous wishful thinking crammed into so few words before.
Many studies have shown how many people carrying it can be without symptoms for quite a long time (or end up never having any at all) while it can be truly serious or fatal for others in their lives in increasingly broader age groups. It also can be left on a surface for days and still be viable.
Ideology is going to kill people over the next month. By the end of that, reality will be too much for any more of these media conspiracies to survive and a lot of serious self reflection will be needed by many (or they can just double down on their cult beliefs).

Still no. Hoboken at 13 cases now (last night)...not bad at all...if there truly are about 95000 living in town (forget about the census, that # has been deemed very low for 20 years now), as per most estimates, that's 1 in 7500 or so in one of America’s most densely populated cities.

thanks for the update

I have never seen so much dangerous wishful thinking crammed into so few words before.
Many studies have shown how many people carrying it can be without symptoms for quite a long time (or end up never having any at all) while it can be truly serious or fatal for others in their lives in increasingly broader age groups. It also can be left on a surface for days and still be viable.
Ideology is going to kill people over the next month. By the end of that, reality will be too much for any more of these media conspiracies to survive and a lot of serious self reflection will be needed by many (or they can just double down on their cult beliefs).

On one hand you say this but then cant fathom the possibility that coronavirus was already in the USA spreading rampantly before mid January?

Crazy ideology like the people saying that we will have 480,000 dead minimum by end of year regardless of what we do? Not sure which ideology is that but if you cant question that number than i think you need the mirror.

The truth is regardless of what happens whether we have 480 or 480,000 deaths people will be saying this could have been much much worse and everything was justified without any reflection on what could or could not have been done better.

Last edited:
Reactions: bac2therac
On one hand you say this but then cant fathom the possibility that coronavirus was already in the USA spreading rampantly before mid January?
You'll get your answer soon enough based on whether we see the rate at which it spreads decreasing rapidly as suggested by your wishful thinking that it already shot its infection load in January. We aren't seeing that at all.
Because of the unique way in which it attacks the respiratory system, plenty are being treated as positives before they are formally tested. I know that through folks in nursing and a friend from Hobboken that just contacted me (because I spent time with him on 3/7 and he developed a fever on 3/9) to let me know that his doc told him his symptoms are "on the corona spectrum" that has been known for a while. The unique body aches, shortness of breath and lung infections just weren't being seen back in January according to my healthcare friends.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarlet83

Crazy ideology like the people saying that we will have 480,000 dead minimum by end of year regardless of what we do? Not sure which ideology is that but if you cant question that number than i think you need the mirror.

The truth is regardless of what happens whether we have 480 or 480,000 deaths people will be saying this could have been much much worse and everything was justified without any reflection on what could or could not have been done better.

listen, I am as skeptical as they come, but going through life not believing people who are actual experts in their respective fields and just throwing out foolish comments and statements is just silly. based on your posts, I dont think you could actually follow if an expert spoke to you directly around the modeling, the math, the risks, etc etc.

look, it's not like there is a huge divide on the right things to do here. pretty much every expert is saying this is what we need to do.

so what's your point again? that the experts aren't always right? that our reaction is hysterical?

We have now shut down our 4 plants in PA and our 3 plants in CA. Our MD plant is expected to shut down this weekend as they source materials from PA. The balance of our 28 plants remain operating. Also learned one of our competitors shut down their entire operation at least until 4/15.

As luck has it for me...I go into our WeWork office in Manhattan every 2 months or so. I was there on March 3rd.
I get a notice a couple days ago that a WeWork Employee from that location tested positive. They gave the 3 days that person was at work and of course- March 3rd was one of them. My office is on the 6th floor and it looks like the 1st, 7th, 10th floors were being washed down.
I called my Dr, Valley and Englewood Hospitals and that did not qualify me for a test without serious symptoms. So- I have self isolated.

how many days...isnt your two weeks up or are you doing more

Can we quantify what her facility has seen?
15?
30?
100?
More?

I ask the same questions as you..just saying hospitals are busy and swamped is one thing but the key is how many lf these are actually coronovirus patients..remember they are getting swamped in a way because people are being tested. I heard Dr Birx saying the intitial testing were showing I think she said either 80 or 90 percent were testing negative..I know big range but i cant remember. Adding coronavirus patients to possibly already crowded hospitals is the issue but its important to get the stats on how many of these people are actually being hospitalized vs being sent home.

I follow alot of doctors on twitter and nurses chime in...its certainly a location kind thing right now. Some doctors reporting empty emergency rooms. Always have to be careful with the media and how they report. While NYC and northern NJ are hit hard, its not like that in say Michigan or Illinois, hopefully the social distancing is what keeps it from spreading from here or Washington state to other parts of the country.

Last edited:
Reactions: Greene Rice FIG

Incubation period

I ask the same questions as you..just saying hospitals are busy and swamped is one thing but the key is how many lf these are actually coronovirus patients..

If a hospital routinely runs at 75% capacity in their ER and ICUs, and they suddenly get an influx of covid cases... it will also swamp them. So, for instance, if a hospital has 100 beds that can treat critical covid patients... but they routinely use 75 of them for other conditions (heart failure, stroke, severe car accidents, countless other emergent conditions/events).... if they suddenly get 40 covid critical patients, they will be beyond capacity. Even if they only have 40 covid patients with 100 beds.

The care for other emergent conditions will also suffer as beds fill with critical covid patients.

If a hospital routinely runs at 75% capacity in their ER and ICUs, and they suddenly get an influx of covid cases... it will also swamp them. So, for instance, if a hospital has 100 beds that can treat critical covid patients... but they routinely use 75 of them for other conditions (heart failure, stroke, severe car accidents, countless other emergent conditions/events).... if they suddenly get 40 covid critical patients, they will be beyond capacity. Even if they only have 40 covid patients with 100 beds.

The care for other emergent conditions will also suffer as beds fill with critical covid patients.

agree, but it needs to be reported in a way that does not induce panic where people fear they are going to die if they catch coronavirus....there has to be a balance in reporting. People's mental health will decline rapidly if we do not get the right reporting.

Al Gore also invented the internet. Not sure what your point has to do with the current situation other than to deny how serious it is.
Talk about fake news, Al Gore never claimed he invented the internet. You can look it up if you like.

Yes a co-worker who recently retired was just found positive for Corona as well as her daughter. Her husband, also a former co-worker who was on dialysis just passed away yesterday and they are seeing if he had it too.

I only got the notice a few days ago. I have pretty much just distanced myself from everyone for now. Wiped down the house and being careful. Except for that one orgy but I did wear gloves and a mask

if you were there March 3, isnt it about 15 days how only long do you have to stay quarantined......and damn whats going on over there0__0

if you were there March 3, isnt it about 15 days how only long do you have to stay quarantined......and damn whats going on over there0__0
Does anyone really know how long. But pretty much doesn’t matter now. We are stocked up and hunkered down.

Oh, I see. He didn't invent the internet, he took the initiative to create it. Complete difference.
Yes the federal government initiative to fund the internet project lead to the creation of the internet by a group of scientists. Gore was part of the funding initiative

Reactions: Scarlet1984
I'm denying that it is serious enough to crash the economy over.
This will not crash the economy. Once we get back to full production post pandemic, economy will recover. What will happen though is many small business or business lacking cash will go under or be bought out as a result of being shut down for an extended period of time. We sell to many distributors for our product and we are hearing from them that they are already eyeing their smaller competitors to take over.

This will not crash the economy. Once we get back to full production post pandemic, economy will recover. What will happen though is many small business or business lacking cash will go under or be bought out as a result of being shut down for an extended period of time. We sell to many distributors for our product and we are hearing from them that they are already eyeing their smaller competitors to take over.

So won’t kill the economy but all these small business will go under or be force to sell at a much lower cost than 3 weeks ago... Umm this isn’t good

Reactions: sunsetregret
listen, I am as skeptical as they come, but going through life not believing people who are actual experts in their respective fields and just throwing out foolish comments and statements is just silly. based on your posts, I dont think you could actually follow if an expert spoke to you directly around the modeling, the math, the risks, etc etc.

look, it's not like there is a huge divide on the right things to do here. pretty much every expert is saying this is what we need to do.

so what's your point again? that the experts aren't always right? that our reaction is hysterical?

You would be surprised. you tell me the foolish comment and then we can have a conversation. No one actually refuted anything I said just experts say....

Are you telling me that it is foolish to question that without reliable testing until this week we can adequately determine how long coronavirus has been circulating through the country and when the curve should actually start?

is it foolish to question this when doctors have said their was an increase in non-flu respiratory symptoms prior to Jan 15th?

is it foolish to question that China has known about this since early December while 14,000 people travel between the two counties per day?

Its going to wipe out every small business if it lasts more than a month

As luck has it for me...I go into our WeWork office in Manhattan every 2 months or so. I was there on March 3rd.
I get a notice a couple days ago that a WeWork Employee from that location tested positive. They gave the 3 days that person was at work and of course- March 3rd was one of them. My office is on the 6th floor and it looks like the 1st, 7th, 10th floors were being washed down.
I called my Dr, Valley and Englewood Hospitals and that did not qualify me for a test without serious symptoms. So- I have self isolated.

We are with you, brother!

So won’t kill the economy but all these small business will go under or be force to sell at a much lower cost than 3 weeks ago... Umm this isn’t good
Why are we suddenly concerned about this because of a virus when tariffs have led to massive corporate farms gobbling up small farms undergoing foreclosures for months now since their markets have evaporated (probably permanently)?

Why are we suddenly concerned about this because of a virus when tariffs have led to massive corporate farms gobbling up small farms undergoing foreclosures for months now since their markets have evaporated (probably permanently)?

Silly.
why are we worried about 200 dead from a virus when 30k plus die from a different virus every year and no one cares.

Just to be clear. I say this sarcastically.

Last edited:

this thread wasn’t created to discuss experts, media, or the government.

I want to just now anecdotally what is going on directly or indirectly with this population. Those facts (not opinions or reporting) are helpful to me.

this thread wasn’t created to discuss experts, media, or the government.

I want to just now anecdotally what is going on directly or indirectly with this population. Those facts (not opinions or reporting) are helpful to me.
Friends in NYC ICUs are already seeing the hospital admin stepping down protocols they are running so dangerously thin on resources and manpower. They are going from airborn and isolation to droplet and sequester because negative pressure rooms are all already booked. They are having to rewear N95 masks and scrubs. Using trash bags to cover their feet because they are out off shoe covers.

Was just told the largest hospitals in Ohio dont expect their MAX load of cases to hit for another 2 weeks, and they are well ahead of the curve. Their systems won't even accept visits at this point and are essentially at "about to die or giving birth" for entry. Their satellite hospitals in Florida are anticipating things to go nuclear because of how the state has been ignoring this.

But for 3 trolls in this thread that's JUST not enough right now to care because they lost their sweet sweet market gainz.

Friends in NYC ICUs are already seeing the hospital admin stepping down protocols they are running so dangerously thin on resources and manpower. They are going from airborn and isolation to droplet and sequester because negative pressure rooms are all already booked. They are having to rewear N95 masks and scrubs. Using trash bags to cover their feet because they are out off shoe covers.

Was just told the largest hospitals in Ohio dont expect their MAX load of cases to hit for another 2 weeks, and they are well ahead of the curve. Their systems won't even accept visits at this point and are essentially at "about to die or giving birth" for entry. Their satellite hospitals in Florida are anticipating things to go nuclear because of how the state has been ignoring this.

But for 3 trolls in this thread that's JUST not enough right now to care because they lost their sweet sweet market gainz.

more people will be affected economically than the virus itself.

It is more about a couple 100k people losing their jobs not necessarily the market that really only effects people in retirement or are approaching their goal

Last edited:
Not sure if I have it. Temp at about 100. Slight pressure in my chest, not a lot of congestion in nose and chest.

I’ll be keeping an eye on it obviously. Been sleeping on the sofa in the LR. Everyone else is in the family room. Using a bathroom only for me. My biggest concern is transmitting it to the family even if it is just a bad cold. Both kids home from college until the end of the semester.

Been working from home for the last week. PA shut down but my job is considered critical infrastructure so at a minimum they will be able to keep the servers in good shape regardless.

People need to keep this thread non political. It was a simple question for those who genuinely want to know the answer. All of the other crap just hides the useful information.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT