ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Favorite Bingeable/ Weekly Show Right Now…

Anyone watching "1923"?

It's a good show (not as good as the epic 1883) but was surprised last week was the season finale. It doesn't seem like they ever want Spencer to come home....

Enjoyed but it gets a bit cliche.

Somehow, even with the tugboat overturned she still has a bag of jewels. (I can’t remember characters names in these shows!)

Going with “she shows up with the bag of jewels on Christmas Eve and they save the ranch”

Reactions: Morrischiano
Just started watching Yellowstone, it’s good so far. Kind of gives me the feel of a modern day Dallas.

I found it unwatchable. I like shows with despicable people with some charm and humor (Sopranos, Succession, Better Call Saul, etc.). I just didn’t like any of those people.

That’s just me. I know people love it.

We have enjoyed both prequels. My wife asked about Yellowstone and I said more or less what I said above. Coincidentally, she said “Ugh. Sounds like Dallas.”

Haven’t read the whole thread but any comments on the series ”You” on Netflix?

We are mid season 1 and it looks interesting. Never trust a guy named Joe Goldberg it seems.

I found it unwatchable. I like shows with despicable people with some charm and humor (Sopranos, Succession, Better Call Saul, etc.). I just didn’t like any of those people.

That’s just me. I know people love it.

We have enjoyed both prequels. My wife asked about Yellowstone and I said more or less what I said above. Coincidentally, she said “Ugh. Sounds like Dallas.”
I’m the reverse. I wanted to like Succession going into it and thought I would but gave it up after season 1.

I’m the reverse. I wanted to like Succession going into it and thought I would but gave it up after season 1.

Funny. I have a friend who had the same reaction.

I think with these shows sometimes the first episode either grabs you or it doesn’t.

I don’t think we started watching Succession until Season Two (more or less in real time) when it was being discussed on a morning show I won’t name to avoid a derailment.

• Wow
Reactions: yesrutgers01
Funny. I have a friend who had the same reaction.

I think with these shows sometimes the first episode either grabs you or it doesn’t.

I don’t think we started watching Succession until Season Two (more or less in real time) when it was being discussed on a morning show I won’t name to avoid a derailment.
I wanted to like the father but I didn’t. The rest of the family I find annoying lol. It’s because I really wanted to like it that I gave it the full season to win me over but it didn’t.

Everyone has different tastes right.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
How does MAYOR OF KINGSTOWN rattle your skulls here? I think it’s a good show (not great) until it’s dragged down by the female who is not worth ANY AGGRAVATION WHATSOEVER!!! It’s ok until she pops up.

Or is it just me? (Or does it just suck?)
It’s great

Reactions: tico brown
Loved Last of Us..

It was exactly like the game and elaborated on background of characters. Vs just killing zombies...

I would have preferred an Ellie that looked like the character in the game, but Bella Ramsey was great. I also would have made a different choice than Joel, but they kept the story as loyal as possible to the game IMO, so can't complain. I think have watched every episode 3 times already.

Last of Us game is in my Top 3 games along with Final Fantasy 7 and Demon Soul's

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
How does MAYOR OF KINGSTOWN rattle your skulls here? I think it’s a good show (not great) until it’s dragged down by the female who is not worth ANY AGGRAVATION WHATSOEVER!!! It’s ok until she pops up.

Great show.

Reactions: tico brown
There's a lot of good stuff out there.. but I found an odd guilty pleasure kind of show... its had 5 seasons already was originally on SyFy and its called The Magicians... I think of it as an adult Harry Potter meets depraved CS Lewis. Only into season 2.. maybe it falls apart like many series do.. I don't know. Has taken many twists and turns and that's a bit refreshing.. to be surprised.

Loved Last of Us btw.

Started watching a Korean series on Netflix called The Glory. Pretty good so far. Brutal at times though.

Definitely entertaining but riddled with problems, the girl being a major and continuous one.

Not particularly believable at all, but still a fun watch.

Definitely entertaining but riddled with problems, the girl being a major and continuous one.

Not particularly believable at all, but still a fun watch.
It is an enjoyable show to watch but oh man, it is so much unbelieving. Season 1 was great and season 2 just jumped the shark.

Reactions: fsg2
8 episodes into Daisy Jones and the Six. Enjoying it.
only issue is THAT was not the sound in the 70's, They sound more like Stevie Nix than Janis Joplin. But I do like it. Manager reminds me of a young Billy Bob Thorton.

Just finished Daisy Jones and the Six. Thought it was pretty good.

Also finished The Glory, thought it was pretty good too.

Watched Waco American Apocalypse, eh nothing special, knew most of it already.

Reactions: Jm0513
Army Multiply GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Watched an episode of the new Ted Lasso season. Promising.

Shrinking is one of those shows where you keep waiting for it to get really good.

EDIT: Episode 9 ended up being really good

Last edited:
I’m up to date with Shrinking. I think it’s a good comedy. Harrison Ford in that kind of role is a little different and it works for me. Not a fan of Jason Segel but he’s okay in it.

On another note, just saw an Idris Elba movie come out on Netflix where he plays a detective called Luther. I see it’s based on a British series he was in a decade plus ago. I see the series is on Hulu so I’ll probably give it a go to see if it’s any good.
Watched the new "Luther" movie the other day and thought it was pretty good. I liked the series better. Without giving too much away - the ending of the movie makes me think a new series in on the way.

Episode 2 of this season’s Ted Lasso was great ; better then a dull first episode.

Ted Lasso show runner also did Shrinking. They both have a similar vibe but I find the dialogue on Shrinking to be a little more clever.

An interesting show on Netflix is Physical 100; a Korean show that has 100 famous Korean athletes/fitness gurus/ influencers competing in head to head physical battles. I fast forwarded through most of the show but I think an American version of the show would be a massive hit.

Last edited:
Reactions: rutgersguy1
Episode 2 of this season’s Ted Lasso was great ; better then a dull first episode.

Ted Lasso show runner also did Shrinking. They both have a similar vibe but I find the dialogue on Shrinking to be a little more clever.

An interesting show on Netflix is Physical 100; a Korean show that has 100 famous Korean athletes/fitness gurus/ influencers competing in head to head physical battles. I fast forwarded through most of the show but I think an American version of the show would be a massive hit.
Definitely a case of “to each his own” but I think the dialogue in Ted Lasso is brilliant. And Shrinking often settles for “not that original”.

That’s just my opinion and I respect that you see it differently.

I believe this show has been mentioned but I couldn’t find the reference. The Consultant is so dark. And, like the central character, it draws you in.

I believe this show has been mentioned but I couldn’t find the reference. The Consultant is so dark. And, like the central character, it draws you in.
It was pretty good. I was not a fan of the ending.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT