ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Favorite Bingeable/ Weekly Show Right Now…

I finished Kaleidoscope. I liked it. Interesting how they did it. They say you can watch it in any order you want. I just went in the order it was setup with. I told a friend about it, her order setup was different than mine.

My episode order was:

Black ( 1 minute intro)
Yellow
Green
Blue
Orange
Violet
Red
Pink
White
Just finished watching Kaleidoscope and I watched it in chronological order by reading the descriptions. I don’t think it would have made as much sense and things would’ve been missed if it’s watched in any order.

The show was okay but I think I would’ve found it confusing or might have stopped watching if I went out of order.

Just started watching Tulsa king ( episode 4). It’s better then I thought it would be … actually the writing is very good. Some very funny one liners

Last edited:
Reactions: bethlehemfan
The Last of Us started last night on HBO, pretty good first episode.

The Last of Us started last night on HBO, pretty good first episode.

IMO, the game had what was probably the best video game plot of all time. They are supposed to be following the game closely as the game producer is working with the show runners.

It was touched on earlier in the thread but Andor on Disney+ was very good. It wasn't overly Star Wars-y so it is good for those who are not totally into Star Wars lore, but it certainly tied in enough for those who are. It does has some modern day, real world influences given the focus on the slow build of insurgency and rebellion, but it doesn't shove politics down your throat which is nice.

It also has very solid acting and while you don't necessarily pull for the bad guys, they are not simply portrayed as mustache-twirling villains, which is refreshing.

It is not overly reliant on special effects so visually it is very well done - although some fans complained about the lack of Jedi, aliens, lightsabers and such. I'm not saying all Star Wars should be like this, but it was very enjoyable and a nice change of pace. I highly recommend checking it out.

Since Marvel is taking a break on Disney +, there’s other shows that’s going on right now that is open to debate on WHAT TO WATCH ON TV. Just finished two of them and looking for something else until the final season of THE LAST KINGDOM drops on Netflix in March.

-PEACEMAKER on HBO Maxis surprising the hell out of me on many levels. (Can’t believe I’m saying this but) John Cena is doing a hell of a job in this role, probably better than The Rock but needs some more roles to confirm this. But he’s playing the hell out of PM/ Chris Smith. The rest of the cast is pretty good as well, esp the guy who plays Murn.

No Spoilers since it’s still going but it makes you wonder GREAT the DC Universe would be right now if they had the right people directing the movies and running the program from the beginning? It’s amazing how Joss Weedon and the DC executives have F***ed up the whole thing and it’s now starting to come back together and be a decent universe. Time will tell.

ALL OF US ARE DEAD on Netflix. Pretty good show. Think TRAIN TO BUSAN inside a high school. No spoilers but this show goes on both ends of the spectrum as it deals with some HEAVY topics to the other side with the Zombie and other stuff. I’d recommend this.

ANYTHING ELSE OUT THERE????
We just started watching Yellowstone, addicted!Finished 4 seasons, started the 5th.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
Watched the first batch of “1923”, prequel to Yellowstone, with Harrison Ford.

Supposedly the most expensive TV show ever produced ($30M per episode). It’s ok. The other Yellowstone prequel “1883” is the best TV show that I watched in a couple of years. Do yourselves a favor and watch it.

Probably already mentioned in the thread but the “Yellowstone” spin-offs, “1883” and “1923” are really good.

Reactions: Morrischiano
Posting this again for the current thread.

White Lotus is really good. Highly recommend. Kind of like Succession goes on vacation. Or a cross between Knives Out and Succession (not really a whodunnit). Sort of. But it is great.

This isn't giving anything way with the premise. In the opening scene of both seasons, we learn that someone has died. However, the identity of that person isn't divulged until the very end of the season.

Jennifer Coolidge's casting is so amazing because she is so damned believable portraying a bat-shit crazy rich white woman. [Edit: Credit to RU4REAL for this: Hiring Jennifer Coolidge to play a self-indulgent, talentless idiot... it's like hiring a duck to play a duck.]

I can't recommend this show enough.

Reactions: newell138
Probably already mentioned in the thread but the “Yellowstone” spin-offs, “1883” and “1923” are really good.

What's the best way to watch 1883? Is it only with Paramount + streaming? I'm trying to avoid yet another streaming subscription if i can help it

Not sure if mentioned earlier, and probably not for everyone but if you are a fan of Shameless or the John Waters oeuvre you might enjoy the Canadian sitcom Trailer Park Boys (Netflix). We have gone through about half of the twelve seasons in the past few months and the episodes never fail to crack me and my wife up.

What's the best way to watch 1883? Is it only with Paramount + streaming? I'm trying to avoid yet another streaming subscription if i can help it
My Wife said we are watching it thru Paramount+, so not free.

Not sure if mentioned earlier, and probably not for everyone but if you are a fan of Shameless or the John Waters oeuvre you might enjoy the Canadian sitcom Trailer Park Boys (Netflix). We have gone through about half of the twelve seasons in the past few months and the episodes never fail to crack me and my wife up.
Love that show, watch it on my iPad when flying.

Reactions: NBHPRU
Posting this again for the current thread.

White Lotus is really good. Highly recommend. Kind of like Succession goes on vacation. Or a cross between Knives Out and Succession (not really a whodunnit). Sort of. But it is great.

This isn't giving anything way with the premise. In the opening scene of both seasons, we learn that someone has died. However, the identity of that person isn't divulged until the very end of the season.

Jennifer Coolidge's casting is so amazing because she is so damned believable portraying a bat-shit crazy rich white woman. [Edit: Credit to RU4REAL for this: Hiring Jennifer Coolidge to play a self-indulgent, talentless idiot... it's like hiring a duck to play a duck.]

I can't recommend this show enough.
Tried to do white lotus but after 3 episodes, was just bored.

Watching the SOA spin off- Mayans now. Took a couple of episodes to separate from SOA and enjoy but it is a good show.

Reactions: NBHPRU
runtime_2x.png

Not binge watching but am watching a movie from 2007- Cleaner, with Eva Mendes, Sam Jackson Ed Harris- there is a scene at SJ’s daughters soccer game where Ed Harris is in full Rutgers garb- sweatshirt and hat.,,thought it was pretty cool.
BTW- Eva- mole and all, is a yes…

I think it can be true for tv shows. There's so much character development and plot development that can be built upon and it gets better as time goes. I'm not sure how much of that you can see in movies.

GoT was one for me. People told me season 1 was slow but it got much better after that. It did. I'm glad I followed that advice and kept on watching. The show lived up to the hype for me.

I haven't seen Breaking Bad but someone I know watched that and was given similar advice. He's glad he listened to that advice and really enjoyed the show.

I think it can be true for tv shows. There's so much character development and plot development that can be built upon and it gets better as time goes. I'm not sure how much of that you can see in movies.

GoT was one for me. People told me season 1 was slow but it got much better after that. It did. I'm glad I followed that advice and kept on watching. The show lived up to the hype for me.

I haven't seen Breaking Bad but someone I know watched that and was given similar advice. He's glad he listened to that advice and really enjoyed the show.
it was a few years back I watched BB but if I remember correctly, it was pretty good from the start.

My wife and I have just about finished Season 6 of Downton Abbey. Never thought I would watch this one, but it was the only thing we agree on about a month ago. I've been so surprised - have thoroughly enjoyed it. One season wasn't quite up to snuff - Season 3 - but overall has been a great watch.
The movies after the series ended weren't bad either.

I would recommend watching the prequel 1883 before watching Yellowstone.

Disagree. One Yellowstone is better. Two I think it’s cool to see where they are prior to how they got there.
Agree with @vkj91 about the order but not sure about the one being better. All depends on if there are more seasons to compare as "1883" is really good.
Latest Jack Ryan on Prime was solid.

Agree. Season 3 is good binge-watching.

Watched the first two seasons of Jack Ryan. I liked season 1. Season 2 not so much. I will watch season 3 eventually.
I was surprised how convincing Karsinski was as an action lead. Solid IMO.
She's definitely onto something there. I started with subtitles whenever people had British or Scottish accents because I didn't know what the fvck they were saying. Found myself not rewinding as much and realized it made me focus more on what I was watching. I too was the type that could watch an entire episode and not know what just happen. Because my brain was drifting into daily life/work activities that needed to be solved or completed.
We do that sometimes even for Irish shows. And this is someone, me, who had an Irish grandmother and a few parish priests from Ireland.

Last edited:
Just finished season 2 of Hunters, the final season. Pretty good season. Amazon Prime original.

I’m watching Sons of Anarchy. I know I’m extremely late to the party, but wow…great show so far.
I just finished it last month. Loved it. I then went straight to the Mayans which took me a few shows to start enjoying because I like SOA so much but you quickly get into the new characters.

Reactions: Jm0513
Just sign up for a free trial and binge it in a week. The show is awesome.

I’m watching Sons of Anarchy. I know I’m extremely late to the party, but wow…great show so far.

Don't feel bad, I've been sick the last 5 days and finally started watching Game of Thrones. Buzzed through 4 seasons already, its really good for those who haven't seen.

Don't feel bad, I've been sick the last 5 days and finally started watching Game of Thrones. Buzzed through 4 seasons already, its really good for those who haven't seen.
I did the ame and as much as everyone said I would hate the ending- I knew they must be wrong. No spoiler- great show but they were not wrong. lol rivals the ending of Sopranos...

• Sad
Reactions: newell138
ADVERTISEMENT