ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Favorite Bingeable/ Weekly Show Right Now…

I can’t believe I’m saying this but Wednesday on Netflix was enjoyable. Yes the show was mostly about teenagers but it had that Harry Potter/Dexter/Sherlock vibe. The girl who played Wednesday played it well. The parents: not so much.

Maybe it’s just me. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I can’t believe I’m saying this but Wednesday on Netflix was enjoyable.
giphy.gif

😜

I can’t believe I’m saying this but Wednesday on Netflix was enjoyable. Yes the show was mostly about teenagers but it had that Harry Potter/Dexter/Sherlock vibe. The girl who played Wednesday played it well. The parents: not so much.

It was a little cheesy but entertaining. I enjoyed it.

Just finished watching The Recruit on Netflix, it was okay, not bad.

Reactions: tico brown
Just started watching season one of "The Head" on HBO Max. Episode One hooked us. Anyone else see this series (two seasons)?

Over the last 3 weeks, I’ve had both Covid and pneumonia (separately), which has finally given me the time to watch Peaky Blinders. Finished season 5 yesterday, so almost done. What a show. Tom Hardy as Alfie Solomons is a great character.
Another one of my current top ten series.

It’s funny with Peaky Blinders- I started episode 1 and I wasn’t sure if I was interested and waited almost 3 months to try again. And damn…what a show.
Downtown Abbey was also a great show too.

I’m thinking about rewatching Boardwalk Empire.

Reactions: tico brown
IDK about you, but you can’t go wrong if you want to waste a day/night watching Law and Order SVU on The Cock.

Just watched Treason on Netflix. Not bad. Limited series of 5 episodes all under 45 minutes. Spy show, MI6, CIA, Russians. Quick watch.

Reactions: asgot
Watched, "For All Mankind". Good show but could have been so much better. Got bogged down with trying to hit every social agenda of today, so it really began to drag. Shame it had such great potential with its, "what if", scenarios in the space race.

Last edited:
Reactions: T2Kplus20
Started watching Kaleidoscope on Netflix. New series, after the first episode it seems like an Ocean’s 11 type show. Pretty good so far.

Just watched Treason on Netflix. Not bad. Limited series of 5 episodes all under 45 minutes. Spy show, MI6, CIA, Russians. Quick watch.

Just finished watching it. Enjoyable.
Currently watching The Inside Man, also on Netflix.

Oh man- loved the entire Sopranos series and even though I knew the series finale- worst in the history of TV and total disrespect of their fans. Just saying

Watched the first two seasons of Jack Ryan. I liked season 1. Season 2 not so much. I will watch season 3 eventually.

Inside Man on Netflix seemed like it could be a fun show and had a good premise but the absolutely insane actions of the priest made me not like it.

Also watched Wednesday and the Recruit on Netflix. They were eh shows for me.

Just started White Lotus on HBO. It seems okay so far.

Remembered watching DONT 🤬🤬🤬🤬 WITH CATS on Netflix during the pandemic. There’s some pretty good WTF moments in those three episodes.

My wife wanted to binge Wednesday together, so I agreed to watch it. It wasn't bad at all. I enjoyed it.

By the way, did anyone catch that they say The Adams Family lives in New jersey?

My wife wanted to binge Wednesday together, so I agreed to watch it. It wasn't bad at all. I enjoyed it.

By the way, did anyone catch that they say The Adams Family lives in New jersey?
Would be interesting to see what part of NJ they live in.

My wife has all of a sudden gotten this weird fascination with Korean TV.
She binges these crazy subtitle shows non stop.

I finished Kaleidoscope. I liked it. Interesting how they did it. They say you can watch it in any order you want. I just went in the order it was setup with. I told a friend about it, her order setup was different than mine.

My episode order was:

Black ( 1 minute intro)
Yellow
Green
Blue
Orange
Violet
Red
Pink
White

Would be interesting to see what part of NJ they live in.

I don't think they ever said in the TV series. However, the creator of The Addams Family, Charles Addams, was born and raised in Westfield, NJ. The family lived on Elm Street and on that street is located the Victorian house that appeared in both his cartoons for The New Yorker and TV show opening credits.

My wife has all of a sudden gotten this weird fascination with Korean TV.
She binges these crazy subtitle shows non stop.
Like I tell my wife when I'm watching movies with subtitles, "I'm experiencing culture, over here and broadening my horizons". Those South Korean directors come up with some batsh*t crazy stuff.

Like I tell my wife when I'm watching movies with subtitles, "I'm experiencing culture, over here and broadening my horizons". Those South Korean directors come up with some batsh*t crazy stuff.
I enjoyed squid game but this crap she watches.

Funny thing is- my wife is one that gets distracted a lot but she can watch all these subtitles.
I asked her about it and she told me that being forced to read them is the only way she can stop her brain from thinking 50 other things..,

I decided to give OZ a try. Always great reviews- I am having the hardest time getting through episode one.
I’m thinking of switching to an old reliable- “Band of Brothers “ have watched it 3 times but it just never fails to just hook me.

I enjoyed squid game but this crap she watches.

Funny thing is- my wife is one that gets distracted a lot but she can watch all these subtitles.
I asked her about it and she told me that being forced to read them is the only way she can stop her brain from thinking 50 other things..,
She's definitely onto something there. I started with subtitles whenever people had British or Scottish accents because I didn't know what the fvck they were saying. Found myself not rewinding as much and realized it made me focus more on what I was watching. I too was the type that could watch an entire episode and not know what just happen. Because my brain was drifting into daily life/work activities that needed to be solved or completed.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
I decided to give OZ a try. Always great reviews- I am having the hardest time getting through episode one.
I’m thinking of switching to an old reliable- “Band of Brothers “ have watched it 3 times but it just never fails to just hook me.
Oz was great. At least give it a few episodes.

Watched, "For All Mankind". Good show but could have been so much better. Got bogged down with trying to hit every social agenda of today, so it really began to drag. Shame it had such great potential with its, "what if", scenarios in the space race.
First two seasons were awesome. The following, not so much.

Binged House of The Dragons over the weekend. The violence and the family dysfunction on this show made Game of Thrones look like Sesame Street. Pretty good. Can’t wait for second season.

Wonder how shows about the other families (Stark, Boratheon, Lannister, etc) came about would be like.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT