ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Favorite Bingeable/ Weekly Show Right Now…

no, you don't have to have watched vikings. it is, however, helpful to know some of the history that they cover in vikings to enhance understanding of valhalla. the original vikings series is on amazon prime.
I just read this: Follow-up series to 'Vikings' set 100 years afterward and centering on the adventures of Leif Erikson, Freydis, Harald Hardrada and the Norman King William the Conqueror.

no, you don't have to have watched vikings. it is, however, helpful to know some of the history that they cover in vikings to enhance understanding of valhalla. the original vikings series is on amazon prime.
Thanks for the response and mentioning it's on Prime. Somehow I missed seeing it when I searched. Must be the "airhead" in me again lol.

I can also be "slow on the uptake" of these older shows everyone has watched. Only watched GoT last year and just started Last Kingdom. Vikings shows are next after that. It'll probably take me at least the rest of the year to get through them lol. Not a big binge watcher and jump around from show to show for variety.

This looks good. More Rogue One grit and not The Last Jedi woke sermon.
The Last Jedi was one of the worst and most pointless movies ever made by Hollywood. It nearly destroyed the SW franchise (which was saved by Favreau and Filoni via Disney+).

Reactions: koleszar
The Last Jedi was one of the worst and most pointless movies ever made by Hollywood. It nearly destroyed the SW franchise (which was saved by Favreau and Filoni via Disney+).
If it was up to me the creators of Rogue One and The Mandalorian would be given full control of the Star Wars property and Kathleen Kennedy would be out on her ass. Both were very well done and extremely entertaining.

If it was up to me the creators of Rogue One and The Mandalorian would be given full control of the Star Wars property and Kathleen Kennedy would be out on her ass. Both were very well done and extremely entertaining.
AMEN!

Watching the Firm on Prime- loosely based on 10 years after Movie/Book
Pretty good show.

For all mankind might be the best show out there right now. Season 1 was interesting and good, but the leap they made to seasons 2 and 3 were astounding- simply a phenomenal, gripping, and brilliant “what if” show.

Didn’t realize it was created by the creator of the new battlestar galactica (one of my favorites) until recently.

I have to give "Fargo" a mention. Love the Coen Brothers stuff. Another old one that I loved was Twin Peaks.

One last brief House of the Dragon teaser before the show starts on Sunday:

New Lord of the Rings show (Rings of Power) debuts tomorrow on Prime. Most expensive season of TV in history. Reviews have been outstanding so far.

Extraordinary Attorney Woo is excellent​

Have seen this mentioned in a couple places so gave it a shot. Nice show but have to deal with subtitles for those who may not like that. It doesn't bother me because I do that for all tv shows anyway lol.

Reminded me of the Good Doctor (based on a Korean show) but with lawyers.

Have seen this mentioned in a couple places so gave it a shot. Nice show but have to deal with subtitles for those who may not like that. It doesn't bother me because I do that for all tv shows anyway lol.

Reminded me of the Good Doctor (based on a Korean show) but with lawyers.
Hopefully it does not remind you too much of the Good Doctor - that show is unwatchable.

My wife and I have just about finished Season 6 of Downton Abbey. Never thought I would watch this one, but it was the only thing we agree on about a month ago. I've been so surprised - have thoroughly enjoyed it. One season wasn't quite up to snuff - Season 3 - but overall has been a great watch.

Reactions: rutgersguy1
My wife and I have just about finished Season 6 of Downton Abbey. Never thought I would watch this one, but it was the only thing we agree on about a month ago. I've been so surprised - have thoroughly enjoyed it. One season wasn't quite up to snuff - Season 3 - but overall has been a great watch.
That’s another one way after it came out I watched last year just like GoT. I was also surprised that I ended up liking it lol.

Lincoln Lawyer is pretty good…
Gave it a shot. Hook, line, and sinker it landed me. Found myself binge watching when I didn't want to binge watch.

Rings of Power I found slow. But understood they're trying to introduce you to a vast number of characters/places and they needed to lay the groundwork before it can get going.

Gave it a shot. Hook, line, and sinker it landed me. Found myself binge watching when I didn't want to binge watch.

Rings of Power I found slow. But understood they're trying to introduce you to a vast number of characters/places and they needed to lay the groundwork before it can get going.
The problem with LL is binge watching a show in it's first year...now, you can't wait for year 2 and always a chance maybe not picked up but if it is...

Do you go back to watching week to week or do you wait for the season to end so you can binge again. lol

Watching Blacklist now- good show

Reactions: koleszar
The problem with LL is binge watching a show in it's first year...now, you can't wait for year 2 and always a chance maybe not picked up but if it is...

Do you go back to watching week to week or do you wait for the season to end so you can binge again. lol

Watching Blacklist now- good show
I'm current with the Blacklist but it's not as good as it was IMO. Started out strong but kind of petered out in the later seasons. I suppose that happens to a lot of shows.

Mom is another one I've watched which I thought was good too. Comedy with some seriousness at times (deals with addiction). It's kind of strange, I liked the show but not one of the main characters. (the daughter).

As far as binging, some shows I'm current with the week to week release and others I watch way after its release. Both ways are fine for me but it is nice sometimes to have that little backlog of shows so you can progress further through a storyline without waiting as long. I also flip around between shows too. I don't always watch just one show all the way through, get some variety. Attorney Woo one day, HOTD the next can't get more different than that lol.

I'm current with the Blacklist but it's not as good as it was IMO. Started out strong but kind of petered out in the later seasons. I suppose that happens to a lot of shows.

Mom is another one I've watched which I thought was good too. Comedy with some seriousness at times (deals with addiction). It's kind of strange, I liked the show but not one of the main characters. (the daughter).

As far as binging, some shows I'm current with the week to week release and others I watch way after its release. Both ways are fine for me but it is nice sometimes to have that little backlog of shows so you can progress further through a storyline without waiting as long. I also flip around between shows too. I don't always watch just one show all the way through, get some variety. Attorney Woo one day, HOTD the next can't get more different than that lol.
I'm only starting season 3 of blacklist but can see how it could really go off the rails in later seasons. It seems the type of show that would be good for 4 seasons at most.

Reactions: rutgersguy1
I started watching the Blacklist when it came out, but later seasons just got stale and I dropped it.

Anyone watch The Following? First season was great, next two seasons not as good.

Since Marvel is taking a break on Disney +, there’s other shows that’s going on right now that is open to debate on WHAT TO WATCH ON TV. Just finished two of them and looking for something else until the final season of THE LAST KINGDOM drops on Netflix in March.

-PEACEMAKER on HBO Maxis surprising the hell out of me on many levels. (Can’t believe I’m saying this but) John Cena is doing a hell of a job in this role, probably better than The Rock but needs some more roles to confirm this. But he’s playing the hell out of PM/ Chris Smith. The rest of the cast is pretty good as well, esp the guy who plays Murn.

No Spoilers since it’s still going but it makes you wonder GREAT the DC Universe would be right now if they had the right people directing the movies and running the program from the beginning? It’s amazing how Joss Weedon and the DC executives have F***ed up the whole thing and it’s now starting to come back together and be a decent universe. Time will tell.

ALL OF US ARE DEAD on Netflix. Pretty good show. Think TRAIN TO BUSAN inside a high school. No spoilers but this show goes on both ends of the spectrum as it deals with some HEAVY topics to the other side with the Zombie and other stuff. I’d recommend this.

ANYTHING ELSE OUT THERE????
I like Yellowstone and the prequel 1883. Ozark is also good. The Crown was interesting. If you have never seen Mindhunters you should give it a go really well done.

I like Yellowstone and the prequel 1883. Ozark is also good. The Crown was interesting. If you have never seen Mindhunters you should give it a go really well done.
I would recommend watching the prequel 1883 before watching Yellowstone.

ADVERTISEMENT