ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Favorite Bingeable/ Weekly Show Right Now…

Loved Maisel, Queen's Gambit, and Lasso and just finished season 1 of Obi Wan Kenobi which was much better than expected. Really liked the first episode of Old Man. Not a binge-er though... never more than 2 a week for me.

Tommy Shelby might be the best antihero since Tony soprano! Very good show, although the very ending of the series seemed like the show runners took the clear lane layup when they could have dunked.
Still in season 2 so hopefully no one gives spoilers- like many just had to do on Ozark.
Anyway- PB is like a mix of Boardwalk Empire and Downtown Abbey. - just a very good show

Reactions: Section124
Tommy Shelby might be the best antihero since Tony soprano! Very good show, although the very ending of the series seemed like the show runners took the clear lane layup when they could have dunked.
Totally agree on that take. Loved his character even though he was a bad/good guy.

Just started The Terminal List on Amazon Prime. Crazy first episode.

Halfway through season 2 of Westworld

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
Lincoln Lawyer is pretty good…
Just started this one last night. It got me hooked and kept going. Usually don't binge watch shows, just watch an episode before bed. But last night stayed up way past my bedtime and watched 3 episodes,
Just started The Terminal List on Amazon Prime. Crazy first episode.
I enjoyed it. However, one gripe and it's a big one, way too many flashbacks dragged it down. It felt like half the series was flashbacks.

Since Marvel is taking a break on Disney +, there’s other shows that’s going on right now that is open to debate on WHAT TO WATCH ON TV. Just finished two of them and looking for something else until the final season of THE LAST KINGDOM drops on Netflix in March.

-PEACEMAKER on HBO Maxis surprising the hell out of me on many levels. (Can’t believe I’m saying this but) John Cena is doing a hell of a job in this role, probably better than The Rock but needs some more roles to confirm this. But he’s playing the hell out of PM/ Chris Smith. The rest of the cast is pretty good as well, esp the guy who plays Murn.

No Spoilers since it’s still going but it makes you wonder GREAT the DC Universe would be right now if they had the right people directing the movies and running the program from the beginning? It’s amazing how Joss Weedon and the DC executives have F***ed up the whole thing and it’s now starting to come back together and be a decent universe. Time will tell.

ALL OF US ARE DEAD on Netflix. Pretty good show. Think TRAIN TO BUSAN inside a high school. No spoilers but this show goes on both ends of the spectrum as it deals with some HEAVY topics to the other side with the Zombie and other stuff. I’d recommend this.

ANYTHING ELSE OUT THERE????
Just started “peacemaker.” Thank you! First 5-minutes we’re freaking hysterical!

Just finished with THE BOYS: HOLY 💩!!!!
THAT WAS PRETTY A GOOD SEASON 3!!!!!

No spoilers but this is what Invincible would be in Live Action. Can’t wait till Season 4, as well as Season 2 of INVINCIBLE.

One difference between the above shows is that Amazon showed The Boys once a week instead of the usual dropping the whole season the same night. I guess they see that Marvel fans will go back to the old Every Week format so let’s see if this stays like this with future shows on Amazon.

Starting watching the UK show Outlaws with Christopher Walken and a cast of mostly unknowns from the UK, about a group of folks who have committed crimes (nothing too horrible) and plea bargain for community service in lieu of jail time. Very funny at times, but also has an edge to it. Walken is worth the price of admission alone.

Reactions: RUinPinehurst
Is there going to be a 7th Season of Peaky Blinders? Thought that this would’ve been it and the first 5 and 3/4 episodes was good until that last 1/4 was as open ended as it could’ve been. There’s other stuff that I would discuss but NO SPOILERS (?).

just want to chime in and confirm some shows offered above..

The Terminal List
Old Man
Lincoln Lawyer
For All Mankind

Not sure this one has been mentioned but The Man who fell to Earth is well done. Whole first season should be available somewhere now.

Stranger Things remaining episodes have been available for a week or so now.

The Last Kingdom's final season was pretty good..when it first began I found it interesting to pair and compare with Vikings.. it was like telling the other side of the story from the Saxon viewpoint in many ways. I also found it strike a different tone. Over time, I began to appreciate The Last Kingdom more than Vikings. I have not checked out Vikings Valhala yet.

Sometime later this summer comes the first HBO Game of Thrones spinoff.. House of the Dragon late August iirc. And both Apple+'s Mythic Dawn and Ted Lasso should be coming back soon.. usually a few weeks between them but I do not think either exact date has been announced yet.

other ones I like:

The Boys
The Umbrella Academy
Only Murders in the Building
Dark Winds
Westworld
Peaky Blinders
Moon Knight
is kinda odd but really well acted, imho

One more comment.. English actress Joana Cassidy.. first spotted her as female lead in a weird series called Lodge 49, which I loved. Played an American, the sister of the lead.. SoCal stuff. Then she is a regular in The Man who Fell to Earth.. playing the female owner of a large tech company based in England. And now I saw her in this last season in The Last Kingdom. Gonna keep my eye out for her.. she is pretty versatile.

Last edited:
Is there going to be a 7th Season of Peaky Blinders? Thought that this would’ve been it and the first 5 and 3/4 episodes was good until that last 1/4 was as open ended as it could’ve been. There’s other stuff that I would discuss but NO SPOILERS (?).
No 7th season. I read the creator intended for 7 seasons but COVID messed them up. They will do a movie to finish the series. I think filming either started or will start shortly. Can’t wait for it. I think the movie will be set in 1943. Hopefully Arthur will still be alive.

Reactions: tico brown
No 7th season. I read the creator intended for 7 seasons but COVID messed them up. They will do a movie to finish the series. I think filming either started or will start shortly. Can’t wait for it. I think the movie will be set in 1943. Hopefully Arthur will still be alive.
This would explain some things. Thanks.

If anyone hasn't mentioned "The Bear" on Hulu yet... consider it mentioned. Especially those who like Chicago or the restaurant biz should check it out. The smart son from Shameless stars and it is a pretty solid cast.

Slow Horses on AppleTV+

Didn’t think I’d like it but it was good. Kind of reminded me of the The Martian. Not a place you’re expecting to find comedy but it works. Part suspense part comedy isn’t a combo you see much, if at all.

Just 6 episodes but season 2 has already been filmed and waiting for a release date.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
Just binged the first season of Love, Death & Robots on Netflix. Was totally blown away, could not stop watching. Kinda good that most are 10-15 minute vignettes. If you grew up reading Heavy Metal, like I did, you will absolutely love this show. If you didn’t - fair warning - this stuff is not for everyone, lol. It can get pretty gory, and pretty freaky. Not one bad episode - my favorite was probably “Sonnie's Edge”.

Just started this one last night. It got me hooked and kept going. Usually don't binge watch shows, just watch an episode before bed. But last night stayed up way past my bedtime and watched 3 episodes,

I enjoyed it. However, one gripe and it's a big one, way too many flashbacks dragged it down. It felt like half the series was flashbacks.

I'm not a fan of flashbacks/dream sequences. The only show that ever worked for me was Game of Thrones. The Old Man got bogged down in the flashbacks as well.

Reactions: koleszar
Watched All American. Sort of a fun show but wow- whoever was in charge of the HS/D1 recruiting plot, had no idea how it worked at all.

Reactions: mikebal9
Watched All American. Sort of a fun show but wow- whoever was in charge of the HS/D1 recruiting plot, had no idea how it worked at all.
Haha I agree. I couldn’t help myself but to critique the writers not only on the recruiting element but the game play as well.

I feel like the latter is consistent across all tv and movies. They call a timeout or spike the ball and the clock continues to run.

Not really... this is a jump fwd in time to the period of leif erikson. In the same spirit though.
Do you need to have watched Vikings to watch Vikings of Valhalla?

I don’t think I have a streaming service that has Vikings.

edit: don't know where my head is sometimes, you answered the question i asked lol.

Last edited:
Just saw that The Sandman will be airing in Aug on Netflix. One of the top 10 graphic novels of all time, I really hope they do it justice. The Corinthian looked cool. Then again, he always did.

Looking forward to “24 Hours” almost as much as I looked forward to the “Red Wedding” in GoT. If they do half as well here (I actually liked the HBO version of the scene better than the book), it‘ll be a hoot.

Do you need to have watched Vikings to watch Vikings of Valhalla?

I don’t think I have a streaming service that has Vikings.

edit: don't know where my head is sometimes, you answered the question i asked lol.
no, you don't have to have watched vikings. it is, however, helpful to know some of the history that they cover in vikings to enhance understanding of valhalla. the original vikings series is on amazon prime.

ADVERTISEMENT